The New WCHA, 2014 Offseason: See-ya, Bruce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    Jimi, your fans deserve all the credit in the world. You've stuck with your team through many lean years. You've been screwed by your athletic department horribly. It's so ridiculous that you didn't get a new arena that would have been a huge plus for the program and community. It looks like you have things on the right track with Matt. He's an incredibly dynamic individual and can be the man to help this team to continue to make great strides. Hopefully people like you and Suze and Seawolf fan can get the grass roots support to grow and get more fans into Sullivan. Keep that loud
    military school crowd behind the penalty box!
    Thank you sir.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Re: The New WCHA, 2014 Offseason: See-ya, Bruce

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
      Jimi, your fans deserve all the credit in the world. You've stuck with your team through many lean years. You've been screwed by your athletic department horribly. It's so ridiculous that you didn't get a new arena that would have been a huge plus for the program and community. It looks like you have things on the right track with Matt. He's an incredibly dynamic individual and can be the man to help this team to continue to make great strides. Hopefully people like you and Suze and Seawolf fan can get the grass roots support to grow and get more fans into Sullivan. Keep that loud
      military school crowd behind the penalty box!
      And just to add to your vast knowledge Brush and I go back to the Quanset hut.
      Ask him.
      It was cold as hell in there.
      Know what?
      No, that was a loaded question.
      You don't know.
      It made the ice fast as hell.

Edit: but that added to your knowledge. Cold makes the ice fast!

Comment

Davyd83....you come up and I'll buy your beer...right....
        you don't have to drink it with me.....
        but I'll buy it....
        and yes I think I understand you can pay for your own beer but it'd be good to drink on me

Edit: Or not...your choice

Comment

• Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
          Your kind and fawning words bring me to tears!
          Would love to see your program flourish. Would love to come there in November and see 6000 people in the seats.
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

but I'll buy it....
            and yes I think I understand you can pay for your own beer but it'd be good to drink on me

Would love to, and I'll gladly buy the second round! Even third! Love your town. Glacier Bay was the best steak all year. Moose's Tooth the best pizza.
            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
              but I'll buy it....

What bad thing has happened in your life in the last week that you've chosen to take it out on Dave? I hope that it's nothing lasting.

GFM
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                What bad thing has happened in your life in the last week that you've chosen to take it out on Dave? I hope that it's nothing lasting.

GFM
                GFM, I'll gladly have a beer with any fan of this league any time, anywhere. Agree or disagree. Heck, it's much more fun to debate over a pint or than a megabyte or two!

I would love for there to be a way for UAA and UAH and NMU and Bemidji and the rest of us leftover to be able to flip the flying fickle finger of fate to those who thought they were so Super.
                Last edited by davyd83; 04-01-2014, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                  I would love for there to be a way for UAA and UAH and NMU and Bemidji and the rest of us leftover to be able to flip the flying fickle finger of fate to those who thought they were so Super.
                  Peace Brother!

Comment

Peace Brother!
                    Amen! See you in November!

Comment

Aint hind sight great?
                      And for a loser program what difference does it make?
                      None!
                      Now scurry like the little rats you are and paint me red.
                      Doesn't change anything.
                      You guys are still losers!
                      *shakes fist at clouds*
                      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                        *shakes fist at clouds*
                        Took ya long enough to get here Squarebanks!
                        We ended your season this year now please get back over on the UAA/UA_ thread so you can take your fair share of abuse and not sluff it off on your other dump bears.
                        Please note the please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                          Really surprised if true?
                          I am not very surprised. Why wouldn't Minnesota State want to continue developing its rivalries in hockey that it already has in many other sports? UMD and SCSU are in state teams that are wanted in conference play. North Dakota and the Mavericks have always had some gritty series, and MSU started winning games against them the last few years, adding splash to that series. UNO and MSU have played every year of UNO's exsistence with exception to this year. Travel costs likely decrease by playing in the NCHC as well. Not to mention, there is more exposure to high school kids in Minnesota when the Mavericks are regularly playing SCSU, UMD, and UND, which, in theory, helps recruiting.

Originally posted by Pink Pony View Post
                          I hate it but it makes sense.
                          Exactly.
                          Last edited by MavHockey14; 04-02-2014, 01:44 AM.
                          AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

I'm glad to see that Seawolf Fan and Davyd83 have buried the hatchet.
                            I was worried that Seawolf Fan was off his meds again.
                            Kept expecting to see some breaking news story from Anchorage, you know, the kind that always ends with a neighbor being interviewed and saying "I just don't understand it. He always seemed like a nice young man. A little quiet, kept to himself..."
                            Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

• Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                              I am not very surprised. Why wouldn't Minnesota State want to continue developing its rivalries in hockey that it already has in many other sports? UMD and SCSU are in state teams that are wanted in conference play. North Dakota and the Mavericks have always had some gritty series, and MSU started winning games against them the last few years, adding splash to that series. UNO and MSU have played every year of UNO's exsistence with exception to this year. Travel costs likely decrease by playing in the NCHC as well. Not to mention, there is more exposure to high school kids in Minnesota when the Mavericks are regularly playing SCSU, UMD, and UND, which, in theory, helps recruiting.

Exactly.
                              But, greener pastures exist in the WCHA, competing for league titles and NCAA berths more than every 5-8 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                                But, greener pastures exist in the WCHA, competing for league titles and NCAA berths more than every 5-8 years.
                                Loved the nWCHA this year. The Ferris series - from the standpoint of quality hockey, intensity, arena atmosphere- was as good as it gets. Playing for a share of the McNaughton against Tech on the last day? Disappointing ending, but great fun. And of course, the Broadmoor was terrific. If we're in the WCHA next year, I'll enjoy every minute of it, and I think most Mankato fans feel the same. But...

As MavHockey14 notes, we are in the same conference as UMD and SCSU in other sports. They are also Minnesota state schools. They, along with UNO and UND, are as close or closer than Bemidji, the closest WCHA school to us (who also, if the rumors have any basis in fact, would go to the NCHC). If the NCHC comes calling, I don't see how the administration can turn them down. The only 2 reasons to reject them would be, "We're still mad about last time," and "We won't win as much." And the answers to those are "Don't cut off your nose to spite your face" and "Put on your big boy pants and see how you stack up."

Hey, I just want to watch the Mavs play hockey. Tell me when we're playing and where, and I'll enjoy watching it. As for which league, I'm good either way.

Comment

Working...
                                X