• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Re: w-t-f is uscho talking about?

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    It must be true, look

Well, Michigan always has the best recruiting class.

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied

Originally posted by UMDSimmerdown View Post
    It must be true, look
    He recruited the seventh best freshmen class in the nation this year

Leave a comment:

• Runninwiththedogs
    replied

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    You better hope Duluth beats BSU when they play 2 in January or they'll have to fold the program too.
    I make regular goat sacrifices to Parise in order to ensure they do.

I just laughed so hard at that Dynasty article, Joe. Never read it before.

Here is my criteria for being a Dynasty.

1. Have awesome fans
    2. Be in the WCHA
    3. Like kittens

tUMD = DYNASTY.
    Last edited by Runninwiththedogs; 12-14-2009, 05:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by Runninwiththedogs View Post
    A two-for-one! Superb!

I thought the Gophers had already done so, but then they went and squeaked by Tech.
    You better hope Duluth beats BSU when they play 2 in January or they'll have to fold the program too.
    Last edited by Priceless; 12-14-2009, 04:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• UMDSimmerdown
    replied

DYNASTY!!!

Leave a comment:

• mcboozle
    replied

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    In your anonymous negative rep, you said I was jealous. Right... I'll take my 2 national titles, and 0.714 winning percentage.

That couldn't have been rhm10....he always signs his name to neg reps, he believes to do otherwise would be cowardly.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
    You always say nothing matters until the tourny and well since 2005 the results speak for themselves.
    Yep, you're right. 5-4 in the tournament for Miami. Better than Minnesota I'll give you that.

Minnesota was 3-4 in those same years. Extend that back to 2002 and you get 10-4 for the Gophers and (still) 5-4 for Miami.

In your anonymous negative rep, you said I was jealous. Right... I'll take my 2 national titles, and 0.714 winning percentage.

Leave a comment:

• Runninwiththedogs
    replied

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    Miami should fold their program right after Minnesota folds theirs.
    A two-for-one! Superb!

I thought the Gophers had already done so, but then they went and squeaked by Tech.

Leave a comment:

• UMDSimmerdown
    replied

Last time I checked Miami wasn't in the WCHA and they are currently in first in both the PWR and Krach. Since you want to use the KRACH second place is more than 200 pts behind them.
    I never said Miami was in the WCHA, and I never said a WCHA team should be #1. I was simply pointing out that if you used the model based on pure math alone, the WCHA would represent a significant amount of the final 16.

And the KRACH "points" aren't a one-to-one point structure like you're referring them to be, you obviously didn't read the primer as to how the KRACH works or what the points represent. You're supposed to divide the higher team by the lower team to find the predicted win ratio based on past performance. Hence, Miami would be predicted to win 1.38 times to every one of Denver's if they played a large amount of games.

Apparently you don't understand sarcasm, since I ended my post poking fun at our rantings and basically stating that the only thing that matters is the PWR at the end of the year. But go ahead, keep talking about the dynasty that hasn't won anything....

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by Runninwiththedogs View Post
    You lost to BEMIDJI STATE. Fold your program! KAW!
    Miami should fold their program right after Minnesota folds theirs.

Leave a comment:

• Runninwiththedogs
    replied

Not saying that but They have a better chance than any school in minnesota....But I would take the field over those 4 teams and put my life on it. There are teams out east that are highly underrated and over looked. Knock Miami all you want, they have prooven worthy of the position they are in currently and are a favorite with UND and Den. I would bet against those 3 if I had the option, its simple math and probabilities.
    You lost to BEMIDJI STATE. Fold your program! KAW!

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied

Originally posted by Jon View Post
    Someone spilled paint thinner in their sarcasm detector!
    Don't worry their were others to lick it back up, none went to waste

Leave a comment:

• Jon
    replied

Originally posted by redhawkman10
    and Ferris is underratted
    You're right, Ferris is desperately low on rats.

(sorry, just came from a Hokydad thread...)
    Last edited by Jon; 12-14-2009, 03:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• redhawkman10
    replied

Originally posted by Goon View Post
    What are you babbling about now? The CUPCAKEHOCKEYASSOCIATION has like one really good team and a couple of ok teams again. Funny if the tourney started today Michigan would be on the outside.
    You are right, CCHA is probably third best conference this year. Michigan would be out as would Minnesota . WCHA is better this year but hasn't been good the past two years. Hockey east is down compared to what it was last year so I would put WCHA 1 Hockey East 2 and CCHA 3. Michigan may be down but Sparty is playing well and Ferris is underratted. Lots of hockey left to be played. But the the last two years the CCHA was better than WCHA, the sooner you admit it the quicker the healing process can happen and you guys come back to reality. You always say nothing matters until the tourny and well since 2005 the results speak for themselves.

Leave a comment:

• redhawkman10
    replied

Originally posted by UMDSimmerdown View Post
    There is a reason why the WCHA teams reach the requisite 10 TUC games before every other conference each year, they play the best week-in and week-out.

I hate to do it, but I have to mention that if all we used was a team's record and their opponent's record as the criteria for choosing the teams, we would use the KRACH system. Take a look at the differences between the PWR and the KRACH and you'll know why they don't use it. It would be the WCHA final five all over again.

Current Pairwise

Current KRACH

The PWR puts too high of an emphasis on record alone, while ignoring their competition's strength of schedule. Just look at how far Quinnipiac drops in the KRACH due to their weak opponents.

I will agree that after the NHL lockout and the new CBA, more talent is leaving early. This essentially guts a team of their leaders and puts most top programs into a perpetual rebuilding mode. There is no doubt that the WCHA has seen more talent leave early.

I agree that most of the stories and polls listed on any site, whether it be USCHO or INCH, are pretty much useless. The PWR is what is used to determine the final 16, so why are any other polls necessary? The polls and stories create controversy, allowing us to come online to hem and haw about how our team would destroy any other team 100% of the time.
    THE ENTIRE UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA DULUTH TEAM FOR HOBEY!!!!111!!
    Last time I checked Miami wasn't in the WCHA and they are currently in first in both the PWR and Krach. Since you want to use the KRACH second place is more than 200 pts behind them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X