Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: w-t-f is uscho talking about?

Originally posted by redhawkman10
    Your welcome . Just tired of the sob story from the WCHA, you get more respect if you are realistic like some I have talked too.

I stated they have some say but not as much as you were saying and crying about. They move to avoid interconference matchups in the first round and attendance issues mainly. I would put multiple WCHA out west if I were them too, your attendance will be better. They do the same to hockey east in the East regional but they are crying about it.
    First of all, it's funny that you talk about "earning respect" when you couldn't even bother to make your original statement in the thread itself.

Making a statement (whether you agree with it or not) is not automatically "crying". The tournament committee certainly has enough say to adjust the pairings, and they do so on a regular basis. If they adjust pairings for attendance purposes, what makes you think they wouldn't do it for ratings purposes as well? I doubt the all WCHA Frozen Four in 2005 gained much interest on the east coast, so I would think the tournament committee would do what they can to prevent that from happening again...with ANY conference. Whether or not it's fair to a specific conference (in this case, the WCHA), you can't tell me that doesn't weigh on their minds. I doubt they want an all HEA Frozen Four, either.
    Colorado College Hockey: Finding new and creative ways to break your heart since 1957.
    -dggoddard

Comment

Originally posted by umassfan49 View Post
      I wouldn't exactly say too many more. Ryan McDonagh and Jake Gardiner are both possibilites, but nobody else really sticks out in my mind as jumping ship after this season. I think it's almost a certainty that guys like Derek Stepan will stick around for at least another year, especially if Wisconsin does well enough this season.
      What about Brendan Smith and Cody Goloubef, I'm not counting on them being back next year.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        Isn't Minnesota the only team that matters? and isn't Minnesota in the WCHA? Minnie sucks, WCHA sucks, simple as that
        Its sad but true, Minnesota is the only WCHA team that the coasties think is a top team..
        The Quest For 7

Comment

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
          Its sad but true, Minnesota is the only WCHA team that the coasties think is a top team..
          East Coast Bias rears its ugly head once again.
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Your welcome . Just tired of the sob story from the WCHA, you get more respect if you are realistic like some I have talked too.

I stated they have some say but not as much as you were saying and crying about. They move to avoid interconference matchups in the first round and attendance issues mainly. I would put multiple WCHA out west if I were them too, your attendance will be better. They do the same to hockey east in the East regional but they are crying about it.
            What are you babbling about now? The CUPCAKEHOCKEYASSOCIATION has like one really good team and a couple of ok teams again. Funny if the tourney started today Michigan would be on the outside.
            Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
            Eric's Twitter
            The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Yeah, but the CCHA would have two #1 seeds.
              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                Please tell me you think Miami is going to win it all. That would be so delicious.
                Trust me he does, he is probably the guy that wrote the article for the Miami U paper.
                Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                Eric's Twitter
                The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post
                  What about Brendan Smith and Cody Goloubef, I'm not counting on them being back next year.
                  Smith is having a breakout season and is a possibility but id expect to see Goloubef back next year. I'd expect him all four years, especially as a Canadian kid who took the NCAA route as opposed to the OHL, when clearly the talent is there.
                  Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

There is a reason why the WCHA teams reach the requisite 10 TUC games before every other conference each year, they play the best week-in and week-out.

I hate to do it, but I have to mention that if all we used was a team's record and their opponent's record as the criteria for choosing the teams, we would use the KRACH system. Take a look at the differences between the PWR and the KRACH and you'll know why they don't use it. It would be the WCHA final five all over again.

Current Pairwise

Current KRACH

The PWR puts too high of an emphasis on record alone, while ignoring their competition's strength of schedule. Just look at how far Quinnipiac drops in the KRACH due to their weak opponents.

I will agree that after the NHL lockout and the new CBA, more talent is leaving early. This essentially guts a team of their leaders and puts most top programs into a perpetual rebuilding mode. There is no doubt that the WCHA has seen more talent leave early.

I agree that most of the stories and polls listed on any site, whether it be USCHO or INCH, are pretty much useless. The PWR is what is used to determine the final 16, so why are any other polls necessary? The polls and stories create controversy, allowing us to come online to hem and haw about how our team would destroy any other team 100% of the time.
                    THE ENTIRE UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA DULUTH TEAM FOR HOBEY!!!!111!!
                    Last edited by UMDSimmerdown; 12-14-2009, 03:06 PM.
                    University of Minnesota Duluth Bulldogs
                    2007 Alumni
                    WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1984, 1985, 1993
                    WCHA Tournament Champions: 1984, 1985, 2009
                    NCAA Appearances: 1983, 1984, 1985, 1993, 2004, 2009, 2011
                    Frozen Four Appearances: 1984, 1985, 2004, 2011
                    National Champions: 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                      Trust me he does, he is probably the guy that wrote the article for the Miami U paper.
                      awe goon low blow, you know better than that. Didn't go to Miami and have no association with the paper and that horrific article.

I do think Miami has a chance to win the title, just as you think UND will. Atleast our beliefs are legitimant.
                      Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
                        Someone spilled paint thinner in their sarcasm detector!

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                        -Blackadder
                        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                        -Casablanca
                        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by UMDSimmerdown View Post
                          There is a reason why the WCHA teams reach the requisite 10 TUC games before every other conference each year, they play the best week-in and week-out.

I hate to do it, but I have to mention that if all we used was a team's record and their opponent's record as the criteria for choosing the teams, we would use the KRACH system. Take a look at the differences between the PWR and the KRACH and you'll know why they don't use it. It would be the WCHA final five all over again.

Current Pairwise

Current KRACH

The PWR puts too high of an emphasis on record alone, while ignoring their competition's strength of schedule. Just look at how far Quinnipiac drops in the KRACH due to their weak opponents.

I will agree that after the NHL lockout and the new CBA, more talent is leaving early. This essentially guts a team of their leaders and puts most top programs into a perpetual rebuilding mode. There is no doubt that the WCHA has seen more talent leave early.

I agree that most of the stories and polls listed on any site, whether it be USCHO or INCH, are pretty much useless. The PWR is what is used to determine the final 16, so why are any other polls necessary? The polls and stories create controversy, allowing us to come online to hem and haw about how our team would destroy any other team 100% of the time.
                          THE ENTIRE UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA DULUTH TEAM FOR HOBEY!!!!111!!
                          Last time I checked Miami wasn't in the WCHA and they are currently in first in both the PWR and Krach. Since you want to use the KRACH second place is more than 200 pts behind them.
                          Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                            What are you babbling about now? The CUPCAKEHOCKEYASSOCIATION has like one really good team and a couple of ok teams again. Funny if the tourney started today Michigan would be on the outside.
                            You are right, CCHA is probably third best conference this year. Michigan would be out as would Minnesota . WCHA is better this year but hasn't been good the past two years. Hockey east is down compared to what it was last year so I would put WCHA 1 Hockey East 2 and CCHA 3. Michigan may be down but Sparty is playing well and Ferris is underratted. Lots of hockey left to be played. But the the last two years the CCHA was better than WCHA, the sooner you admit it the quicker the healing process can happen and you guys come back to reality. You always say nothing matters until the tourny and well since 2005 the results speak for themselves.

Comment

and Ferris is underratted
                              You're right, Ferris is desperately low on rats.

(sorry, just came from a Hokydad thread...)
                              Last edited by Jon; 12-14-2009, 03:45 PM.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                              -Blackadder
                              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                              -Casablanca
                              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                                Someone spilled paint thinner in their sarcasm detector!
                                Don't worry their were others to lick it back up, none went to waste
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X