• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kdiff77
    replied
    Re: w-t-f is uscho talking about?

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    get serious. I'll take DU, UW, UND, CC's odds on winning it all against the rest of the table
    If we're calling the shots in December, I'll put some money on Canisius.

As long as the aforementioned "money" is purely fictitious. Just like the 6th WCHA title from original statement I responded to.

Leave a comment:

• umassfan49
    replied

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
    UW - Jamie McBain, Kyle Turris, Robbie Earl, Jack Skille, Joe Pavelski, and many more are coming after this year.
    I wouldn't exactly say too many more. Ryan McDonagh and Jake Gardiner are both possibilites, but nobody else really sticks out in my mind as jumping ship after this season. I think it's almost a certainty that guys like Derek Stepan will stick around for at least another year, especially if Wisconsin does well enough this season.

Leave a comment:

• umassfan49
    replied

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
    From what I've heard, he'll be back next year, so I didn't put him on the list.

Although I could have put Michael Forney on that list, since he signed earlier this year.
    Forney is a little different as he only played in a handful games in his 2 years, and didn't actually leave but played in the USHL before stating he wasn't returning. Also, the other guys on your list all made impacts, Forney really wasn't an impact player.

Leave a comment:

• VarsityWisconsin
    replied

UW - Jamie McBain, Kyle Turris, Robbie Earl, Jack Skille, Joe Pavelski, and many more are coming after this year.

Leave a comment:

• brianvf
    replied

Originally posted by umassfan49 View Post
    We might be able to add Matt Frattin to that list at this point, although he wasn't exactly a "departure."
    From what I've heard, he'll be back next year, so I didn't put him on the list.

Although I could have put Michael Forney on that list, since he signed earlier this year.

Leave a comment:

• umassfan49
    replied

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
    North Dakota: Jordan Parise, Matt Smaby, Rastislav Spirko, Drew Stafford, Travis Zajac, Brian Lee, Jonathan Toews, Taylor Chorney, TJ Oshie

Yeah, I'm guessing a team formed from just those three WCHA teams could dominate an all-HEA team.
    We might be able to add Matt Frattin to that list at this point, although he wasn't exactly a "departure."

Leave a comment:

• brianvf
    replied

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
    Minnesota: Phil Kessel, Blake Wheeler, Kyle Okposo, Alex Goligoski, Erik Johnson, Stu Bickel, Ryan Stoa...
    Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
    Denver: Matt Carle, Paul Stastny, Brock Trotter, Brett Skinner, Chris Butler, Ryan Dingle, Tyler Bozak
    North Dakota: Jordan Parise, Matt Smaby, Rastislav Spirko, Drew Stafford, Travis Zajac, Brian Lee, Jonathan Toews, Taylor Chorney, TJ Oshie

Yeah, I'm guessing a team formed from just those three WCHA teams could dominate an all-HEA team.

Leave a comment:

• Runninwiththedogs
    replied

tUMD: Matt Niskanen, Mason Raymond, Jason Garrison, Evan Oberg, Alex Stalock.

Leave a comment:

• gscott13
    replied

Originally posted by umassfan49 View Post
    Hockey East sent 5 teams to the NCAA tournament: BC, BU, Maine, UNH and you forgot UMass. That would bring your above totaling to 5 teams and 6 wins as UMass beat Clarkson in the first round.
    thanks... has been corrected... evidently i was more tired than i realized

Leave a comment:

• Puck Swami
    replied

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
    Minnesota: Phil Kessel, Blake Wheeler, Kyle Okposo, Alex Goligoski, Erik Johnson, Stu Bickel, Ryan Stoa...

UND has lost a crapload in the last three years as well.
    Denver: Matt Carle, Paul Stastny, Brock Trotter, Brett Skinner, Chris Butler, Ryan Dingle, Tyler Bozak,

Leave a comment:

• Bakunin
    replied

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    just on our little subway green line i'll skate colin wilson, nate gerbe, cory schneider, nick petrecki, and brian strait (and to fill out the fwd line, i add pat kane ). every decent program loses guys early. i think my five from only two hea teams has a good chance to beat your wcha 10-team five in a 7 game series.

UND has lost a crapload in the last three years as well.

Leave a comment:

• umassfan49
    replied

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post

2007 - 4 Hockey East teams made the field, BC, BU, Maine and New Hampshire. BU and UNH lost in the first round, while Maine and BC advanced to the frozen four. BC lost in the final. Tale of the tape, 4 teams, 9 games, 5 wins, 2 frozen four appearances, 0 titles.
    Hockey East sent 5 teams to the NCAA tournament: BC, BU, Maine, UNH and you forgot UMass. That would bring your above totaling to 5 teams and 6 wins as UMass beat Clarkson in the first round.

Leave a comment:

• JW Tigers
    replied

Originally posted by Runninwiththedogs View Post
    Doubtful. It would be Stalock! Bachman can open the door.
    I wouldn't argue with either one, but I'll still take Bachman. Not that either of us is biased toward our own guy.

Leave a comment:

• Runninwiththedogs
    replied

Originally posted by JS Tigers View Post
    You should add another that is an easy walk from the green line...then you can have Brad Theissen in goal.

You'll need him because the WCHA will have Richard Bachman in goal.
    Doubtful. It would be Stalock! Bachman can open the door.

Leave a comment:

• JW Tigers
    replied

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    and someone else could take miami and bc and throw in any two. and i'd like my four.

just on our little subway green line i'll skate colin wilson, nate gerbe, cory schneider, nick petrecki, and brian strait (and to fill out the fwd line, i add pat kane ). every decent program loses guys early. i think my five from only two hea teams has a good chance to beat your wcha 10-team five in a 7 game series.
    You should add another that is an easy walk from the green line...then you can have Brad Theissen in goal.

You'll need him because the WCHA will have Richard Bachman in goal.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X