Regionals attendance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Regionals attendance

Surprisingly better turnout today in Bridgeport 6,655 attendance, looked like alot of Union and Providence fans made the one day trek, because there were not many yellow or green jerseys in the house today.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Comment

6522 reported in Worcester and 9232 reported in St. Paul. In Worcester, the third tier on the side and the upper seats on the end were curtained off. I think that helped with the appearance. So at least we've seen that the Regionals can draw 5000 in the west with a reasonable pricing structure. We'll see if that satisfies the NCAA and if Cincinnati managed to be profitable with the lower prices.

Comment

so it ended up being 5,000+ at each regional on day one? that's a success but this may have been the perfect storm in terms of what teams went where.

Comment

Ticket prices are too high. Not many kids there. Been my biggest complaint. Just gonna wait for my trip to frozen four. Don't think I'm the only one.

Comment

Originally posted by Farce Poobah View Post
            Given the distances to Cincinnati, I'm surprised at how good the attendance was.
            * Big Rapids (Ferris) 420 miles
            * Madison 450 miles
            * Hamilton (Colgate) 620 miles
            * Grand Forks (ND) 1010 miles
            Wow! No one even close to that regional site. 5,000+ is a major accomplishment then.
            Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
            Eric's Twitter
            The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
              Wow! No one even close to that regional site. 5,000+ is a major accomplishment then.
              Love to see a breakdown by zip/area code. See what percentage were local, and how many travelled from afar for each of the regionals.

Comment

Historically speaking, and especially considering the distance from participating schools, Cinci has to be seen as a success.

This is great news for those of us who feel prices are too high and a contributing factor to previous poor attendance. Hopefully the NCAA and future venues take notice. We shall see.

Comment

Yeah, good point, that would be nice to see.
                  Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                  Eric's Twitter
                  The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                    Historically speaking, and especially considering the distance from participating schools, Cinci has to be seen as a success.

This is great news for those of us who feel prices are too high and a contributing factor to previous poor attendance. Hopefully the NCAA and future venues take notice. We shall see.
                    Very encouraging weekend for attendance. Nice to see.
                    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

attendance today in Worcester was a big disappointment with only 5500
                      Local teams and less than yesterday and less than Bridgeport
                      I know the arena is a disaster but close to both schools

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
                        That is pretty sad with those two teams playing each other, were the Celtics or Bruins home today?
                        YALE HOCKEY
                        2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
                          To me though, it looked like there were more people in the stands than there were for either of the games yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
                            To me though, it looked like there were more people in the stands than there were for either of the games yesterday.
                            I would consider Bridgeport to be drivable for PC and Union fans...
                            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                              That is pretty sad with those two teams playing each other, were the Celtics or Bruins home today?
                              Bruins on national tv, and Red Sox had a game also. BC doesn't fill their barn for a home game, let alone for a road game. Did they have their band there?

Comment

bc has best attendance in hockey east. if prices were cheaper and the final was yesterday instead of on a sunday, would have done better. both schools were still well represented. even sunday at noon would have been better. it is what it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X