Hobey Baker Top-10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shiftyjedi View Post
    Vanek was better. Gaudreau is a better passer, but Vanek is/was better defensive player and could waste a physical toll on a team. I don't think I've ever seen a national championship where one player just took over and a team had zero answer for one guy alone.
    Nathan Gerbe definitely had a similar domination in 2008. Points-wise I think he had more than Vanek and the most since in a FF since Silk for BU a long time ago.
    Originally posted by reBlur
    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Re: Hobey Baker Top-10

I agree exactly with shiftyjedi. I have never seen one player dominate a frozen four in every facet more than vanek did, he was a betetr, mor skilled complete player. yes, gaudreau is a great player, great story but Vanek is more skilled and about 6'2" 210 lbs, JG is 5'7" about 150 lbs

His skill level is top 1% in nhl and world.

The move that Vanek made was one for the highlight reel and the ages. Flying down the left wing alone, Vanek shifted direction slightly to get around UNH defender Mick Mounsey. Mounsey then dove into the net to back up Ayers, who had come out to challenge Vanek. Vanek crossed the crease left to right, shot behind Ayers, and beat Mounsey under the defender’s extended leg at 8:14.

“He showed a lot of patience,” said Ayers, who finished the game with 40 saves. “When I went down, he had a lot more room short side than I expected. He made a great play and it was a good goal-scorer’s goal.”

That gave the Gophers all the momentum they needed. Three minutes later, Vanek took the puck down the right wing and shot, with Waibel picking up the rebound. Ayers saved Waibel’s initial shot but the puck squirted back out to Vanek in the left corner. Vanek then passed from the corner back to Waibel between the circles, and Waibel’s shot beat Ayers midway up on the goalie’s glove side to make it a 3-1 game at 11:25.

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/recaps/2003/04/...#ixzz2yIrBnZT8

Comment

ya but was vanek better than god? *gets popcorn*

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          nope, but better than anyone playing college hockey today and by a very wide margin

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
            nope, but better than anyone playing college hockey today and by a very wide margin
            Agreed, and did Vanek win the Hobey? As he and Kessel were both on track to graduate Summa Cum Barely maybe that mattered?
            9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
            1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

More importantly, was he "homegrown"?
              Originally posted by SJHovey
              Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
              Originally posted by Brenthoven
              We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                More importantly, was he "homegrown"?
                Oooo! It's spreading! I'm just so proud. *sniffle*
                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

And its official. Congrats to JG and good luck in the bigs.

Comment

yep, so says the wcha.

http://www.gophersports.com/genrel/032003aac.html
                    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                    Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Working...
                    X