X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI III: Revenge of the Seth

Originally posted by JCrawford View Post
    No alcohol at HFH for both this reason and Ralph's reason. RPI has a fairly strict policy concerning the service of alcohol on campus. With the exception of a few limited places on campus (Clubhouse Pub in the Student Union and the Faculty/Staff dining area), special permits must be requested and granted by RPI (and, if I understand the tute's alcohol policy correctly, the state alcohol authority).

Per the policy, if a certain percentage of attendees are under the age of 21, the permit will not be granted. Combine the tute's alcohol policy with ECAC policy prohibiting alcohol at league games, and it's unlikely we'll see the liquid bread flowing at HFH anytime soon (unfortunately).
    I understand all of this. I don't think we'll ever see Labatt taps on the concourse at HFH. My point was that IF (I have no knowledge that they would) they wanted to add adult beverages to the mix, then putting in a clubroom/restaurant separate from but adjacent to the rink would be about the only way to do it. That's what Clarkson did, building a new student union within the Cheel complex.
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
      I was there...regardless of their record BU is a highly talented team W/a slew of talent and I believe from watching them play that they will turn it around...Make no mistake this was a quality win and Bryce played BIG !!!
      Exactly right TBoy !
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
        I understand all of this. I don't think we'll ever see Labatt taps on the concourse at HFH. My point was that IF (I have no knowledge that they would) they wanted to add adult beverages to the mix, then putting in a clubroom/restaurant separate from but adjacent to the rink would be about the only way to do it. That's what Clarkson did, building a new student union within the Cheel complex.
        If the school is so concerned about people donating money back to the 'tute (as seen by substantially rising costs), perhaps make beer a "perk" of the Patroon Room? Granted most of us don't have THAT much to shelve out, but it's a possibility. Dump the stale cookies, and put something good with it.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePeople View Post
          Wow, Bryce has 1 okay game out with the others being total stinkers against bad teams(though BU is not an impressive team and they had one of their top players in the stands) and everyone is saying our goaltending situation is fine and that Merriam can step in at any time? I'm all for being optimistic but if York can't get back to what he was doing late last season and early this season, this team won't make it too far this year or next. Pretty much every goalie can have one hot game(though giving up 3 is not a great performance for any goalie at any level) and it seems like Merriam got his. Would it be great if he can be reliable and a solid BACKUP, yes. But if Appert goes in saying "York can play Friday and Merriam Saturday" like hes done unsuccessfully for the past 3 years(probably cause it happened to work once in Denver with 2 goalies that are both better than York) then this team has a serious problem because it probably means that York is still questionable and Appert is trying to find an answer.

When I heard Bryce was playing and Kerins wasn't I almost turned off the radio, but then I remembered that BU isn't good and Smith was playing.
          Merriam has had more than one good game. He was a very good player in juniors. Also, he gave three goals against BU largely because he got very little help in front on those plays. The first shorty was a 2 on 0 right in front of him and the second was a 2 on 1. The other goal came on a deflection in front.

York did not play well enough in three of four games; all losses, giving up 16 goals. He was not good in the touney final, played well in a 2-1 loss to Cornell, but then was terrible against Colgate and imploded in the third period in the ECAC loss to Union. The other guys on the ice also played poorly defensively against Colgate and Union. I still think York is going to come around. I'm not so sure about the defense, unless Bergin returns soon and can play at the level we have seen from him when healthy.

Merriam was probably the next best goalie in the same league as Union's Keith Kincaid, so don't sell him short. If York falters and Appert goes to his number two for an extended period, he may prove to be a solid D1 goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by NYhockeyguy View Post
            Is redrocket still around here? havent herard from him in a while!

For those of you who are basically toast in the pick the standings you can pull for me to overcome Saints17 for the top spot!!
            Who me? Just laying low whilest the bedwetters are being weeded out.
            Originally posted by moe24
            Thread over... REDRocket wins!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
              ...Merriam was probably the next best goalie in the same league as Union's Keith Kincaid, so don't sell him short... he may prove to be a solid D1 goalie.
              I think they were 1-2 in the NAHL last season. IIRC, Kincaid's team was markedly better than Merriam's, FWIW.
              Kincaid - 30-5 1.78 GA .935 SP
              Merriam - 22-4 2.00 GA .917SP

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                If the school is so concerned about people donating money back to the 'tute (as seen by substantially rising costs), perhaps make beer a "perk" of the Patroon Room? Granted most of us don't have THAT much to shelve out, but it's a possibility. Dump the stale cookies, and put something good with it.
                Seeing as how they bumped the price of admission to the PR from $2K to $5K, I think they are covering their costs OK.

Comment

I think they were 1-2 in the NAHL last season. IIRC, Kincaid's team was markedly better than Merriam's, FWIW.
                  Kincaid - 30-5 1.78 GA .935 SP
                  Merriam - 22-4 2.00 GA .917SP
                  At least on paper, they were only slightly better. Topeka trailed St. Louis by two points. http://www.pointstreak.com/stats/pro...&seasonid=3119
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    At least on paper, they were only slightly better. Topeka trailed St. Louis by two points. http://www.pointstreak.com/stats/pro...&seasonid=3119
                    I was referring more to them being three time league champions.

Comment

• Re: RPI III: Revenge of the Seth

Hey folks, it could worse for us. I just took a look-see over on the Harvard thread. They've got a full scale Fire Donato mutiny on their hands.

Comment

Article at Inside College Hockey:

http://insidecollegehockey.com/inch/...-optimism-rpi/

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                          I liked that article better when I wrote it two years ago.
                          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Hey folks, it could worse for us. I just took a look-see over on the Harvard thread. They've got a full scale Fire Donato mutiny on their hands.
                            God I hope that never happens.
                            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                              Never is a long time. And coaches are hired to be fired. I just hope it doesn't happen in my lifetime.
                              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                              Benjamin Franklin
                              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                              Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                                What, all of us calling for Appert's head? Weren't a few weirdos doing that a lot last year? I wonder where they are now. Did they take my advice from last year and join up with Schenectady?

Oh wait, they're probably at Harvard, because they ran back to Fridgen's recruit He-who-must-not-be-named.

Comment

Working...
                                X