X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI III: Revenge of the Seth

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
    I...Are you going to blast him for the two shorties that the defense (not really defense as we had FIVE FORWARDS on the ice) stuck him with 2-on-1's for?

How do you call a 3-1-0 record for your backup "total stinkers"? His only loss was the 2-1 loss to Army and we have nobody to blame for that but the offense that could only net one goal on 40 shots...
    Don't confuse him with facts GRuss.

Its not like this is the first time in recorded history that a goalie has gone into a funk. To the contrary its pretty common. Just ask BU's Milan, or Detroit's Osgood to name just two.

York has proven to be an elite keeper at every level he has played -- midgets, juniors and last year in the playoffs. Has he played as well as he can in his last few games? Probably not. But the odds are better than good that he will return to form when the season resumes.
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

it was a good win to witness in the defending champs house

jerrys not going anywhere
      merriam is a solid backup and spot starter
      bergin wont play till ecac play resumes

lets get focused for home ice 1st round of playoffs
      I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Being on campus isn't necessarily stopping the booze - I was at CC/DU and they had beer AND cocktails at Magness, which is on the DU campus. Unless it's some kind of state law.

I agree, let's get the hooch flowing.
        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
          lets get focused for home ice 1st round of playoffs
          If we don't get home ice for the 1st round at this point, the rest of this season is going to be more miserable than last year. How about we focus on a first round bye, eh? Shoot for the moon, and if you don't make it you fall among the stars and all that happy ****.
          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
            I thought Merriam played OK but I was not as impressed as others. Thought he flopped around a bit. We'll see what more games brings. I am satisfied that he is an adequate back-up.

As far as the crowd goes, BU has a large season ticket base. The place was half empty so a better figure for actual attendance is probably somewhere in the 3's. Great rink with jumbo-tron and they serve beer. If RPI wants to compete we need to get the taps flowing at HFH. Just charge more reasonable prices!

On another note, was anyone else who attended as annoyed as me by the fact that they only showed replays when they were favorable to BU? Not one RPI goal was replayed. That stunk but at least I got to see some of the highlights on NESN.
            Wait, there's expectation for in-house luxuries to be objective?! That's like asking Houston's PA announcer to sound dull and boring when RPI scores a goal. Yes, it may annoy me, but it's their house. So long as the necessities are covered (selling me a ticket so long as the game isn't sold out, taking my ticket thereby allowing me into the barn, my seat or standing-room-only readily available for me to enjoy the game, and in our league, PA announcement of goals and penalties), then I'm satisfied.

As for flowing the taps at Houston, I'm sure a certain micro-brewery would be more than willing to satisfy that necessity, if the Student Union were to jump on board. Granted our concessions currently support the various sports teams (hence why the prices are major-league-esque), but who knows what could happen. Even if they were to take the old area under section 21 and place a beer-only line there, that could work, though I think there are probably other implications involved, like a senior giving his sophomore buddy a few swigs. EDIT: OK, so it's an ECAC rule. How about the Thanksgiving tourney?
            Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 12-14-2009, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              To the best of my knowledge, the HFH can't sell beer any more because it is on campus.
              The Agganis Arena is part of a complex that includes student housing. I'd say that's on campus too.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                If memory serves, Cheel and perhaps others, has an adjacent "club" area where the public can go and can buy dinner and a beer before the game. That might be an avenue to explore for RPI to make fans happy as well as to raise some program $$$.
                Here here.

Now that it is the ECACHL, maybe the rules can be changed? If not then maybe we should join Vermont and move to HE!

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  Wait, there's expectation for in-house luxuries to be objective?! That's like asking Houston's PA announcer to sound dull and boring when RPI scores a goal. Yes, it may annoy me, but it's their house. So long as the necessities are covered (selling me a ticket so long as the game isn't sold out, taking my ticket thereby allowing me into the barn, my seat or standing-room-only readily available for me to enjoy the game, and in our league, PA announcement of goals and penalties), then I'm satisfied.
                  Yeah I thought about that but if the shoe were on the other foot - as it was in the previous Union game, I would want to see replays of all of the Union Goals - including the MVT Hat Trick. One replay mind you - not multiples to PO the goalie.

Would really have liked to see a replay of the 3rd goal. I was too busy watching Malchuk to see if he would get up after the hit and did not see the shot. Even the Bruins show replays of the other teams goals!

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                    Here here.

Now that it is the ECACHL, maybe the rules can be changed? If not then maybe we should join Vermont and move to HE!
                    Having it in a separate, controlled area -- not in the rink proper -- is how Clarkson seems to have gotten around the league rule. I don't think we'll ever see beer concessions next to the pretzels at HFH.
                    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                      If memory serves, it is a league rule. None of the ECAC teams sell beer at their facilities or at the ECAC tourney site. They did sell beer at the Governor's Cup which was a "non-league" event, featuring league teams. If memory serves, Cheel and perhaps others, has an adjacent "club" area where the public can go and can buy dinner and a beer before the game. That might be an avenue to explore for RPI to make fans happy as well as to raise some program $$$.
                      No alcohol at HFH for both this reason and Ralph's reason. RPI has a fairly strict policy concerning the service of alcohol on campus. With the exception of a few limited places on campus (Clubhouse Pub in the Student Union and the Faculty/Staff dining area), special permits must be requested and granted by RPI (and, if I understand the tute's alcohol policy correctly, the state alcohol authority).

Per the policy, if a certain percentage of attendees are under the age of 21, the permit will not be granted. Combine the tute's alcohol policy with ECAC policy prohibiting alcohol at league games, and it's unlikely we'll see the liquid bread flowing at HFH anytime soon (unfortunately).

Comment

Is redrocket still around here? havent herard from him in a while!

For those of you who are basically toast in the pick the standings you can pull for me to overcome Saints17 for the top spot!!
                        RIT Tigers
                        2006-2007, 2008-2009, 2009-2010, 2010-2011 Regular Season Champions
                        2010,2015, 2016 Atlantic Hockey Champions

Comment

Originally posted by NYhockeyguy View Post

For those of you who are basically toast in the pick the standings you can pull for me to overcome Saints17 for the top spot!!
                          He posted this morning http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...17#post4518317.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by NYhockeyguy View Post

It's a little early to either give up or assume that you are going to be at the top of the standings all year.

But I'll root for you to overtake Saints17 so long as you root for me to overtake you.

Comment

Originally posted by JCrawford View Post
                              No alcohol at HFH for both this reason and Ralph's reason. RPI has a fairly strict policy concerning the service of alcohol on campus. With the exception of a few limited places on campus (Clubhouse Pub in the Student Union and the Faculty/Staff dining area), special permits must be requested and granted by RPI (and, if I understand the tute's alcohol policy correctly, the state alcohol authority).

Per the policy, if a certain percentage of attendees are under the age of 21, the permit will not be granted. Combine the tute's alcohol policy with ECAC policy prohibiting alcohol at league games, and it's unlikely we'll see the liquid bread flowing at HFH anytime soon (unfortunately).
                              All of this, of course plus the fact that there's only one open concession area in HFH now that the one on the north side of the building has been shut down with the expansion to the locker room area. Lines are already pretty tough and having it be lines filled with boozed up folks wanting more brew... Well, that's a mess waiting to happen.
                              R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by ThePeople View Post
                                Wow, Bryce has 1 okay game out with the others being total stinkers against bad teams(though BU is not an impressive team and they had one of their top players in the stands) and everyone is saying our goaltending situation is fine and that Merriam can step in at any time? I'm all for being optimistic but if York can't get back to what he was doing late last season and early this season, this team won't make it too far this year or next. Pretty much every goalie can have one hot game(though giving up 3 is not a great performance for any goalie at any level) and it seems like Merriam got his. Would it be great if he can be reliable and a solid BACKUP, yes. But if Appert goes in saying "York can play Friday and Merriam Saturday" like hes done unsuccessfully for the past 3 years(probably cause it happened to work once in Denver with 2 goalies that are both better than York) then this team has a serious problem because it probably means that York is still questionable and Appert is trying to find an answer.

When I heard Bryce was playing and Kerins wasn't I almost turned off the radio, but then I remembered that BU isn't good and Smith was playing.
                                I was there...regardless of their record BU is a highly talented team W/a slew of talent and I believe from watching them play that they will turn it around...Make no mistake this was a quality win and Bryce played BIG !!!
                                What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X