X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI III: Revenge of the Seth

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    Naturally some Union fans are treating this like it's some kind of disrespect. Whatever. The only team we've played this season that I walked away saying "that's a better team" was Michigan State. If they wanted the same treatment they should have tried being overpowering in one of the four games we played against them. They weren't, they're not. The reason these games were all close is because we're on the same plane.
    Hockey is often a game of matchups-some teams at certain times are just better at playing certain other teams . This year the 4 games have indeed shown that neither of these 2 teams is head and shoulders above the other. The games are tight, close, and physical. Often determined by who makes the last little mistake. Even the shots were close this week. I agree strongly-play each other 10 times and each team could win 5 of them (probably by 1 goal each time).
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
      But Tom, you just read on the TU blog boards that bounces don't exist in the game of hockey.
      No one should wonder with amazement why the Times-Useless is losing subscribers left and right.
      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        Hockey is often a game of matchups-some teams at certain times are just better at playing certain other teams . This year the 4 games have indeed shown that neither of these 2 teams is head and shoulders above the other. The games are tight, close, and physical. Often determined by who makes the last little mistake. Even the shots were close this week. I agree strongly-play each other 10 times and each team could win 5 of them (probably by 1 goal each time).
        I wonder if the results were exactly reversed with rpi up 3-1 in the series if everyone on here would be saying that the two teams are completely evenly matched.

Comment

Of subject - What's planned for BRF? What is the give-away this year?
          What was the best give-away/noise-maker ever?

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            A nice article by Ed Weaver in yesterday's Record about the top ten events in RPI hockey during the last decade http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...4712760085.txt. I agree overall with his selections and especially numbers 1 and 2. I won't comment about the minor errors.
            Right, I think he was accurate with the Fridgen part. Some time Weave suprises even me

Comment

Originally posted by SlyFoxMan7 View Post
              I wonder if the results were exactly reversed with rpi up 3-1 in the series if everyone on here would be saying that the two teams are completely evenly matched.
              Probably.

Unless you're winning games 4-0 or some other equally dominant score, you tend to not get a swelled head about it and walk away happy that your team got the W.
              R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

It's so freaking obvious that it doesn't even need to be said. RPI could have swept these four games the way they were played, and they'd still be evenly matched.

Do you actually watch these games, or do you just go online, see the score, and immediately declare the one with more goals to be the better team? If Union had won these games 4-1, 6-2, and 3-0 without needing empty netters to bolster the gap, then yes, perhaps you could say Union was the better team with a straight face. Heck, even if they'd done that just once.

Sincere apologies for not joining in on your little bukxake fest. Just keep softening up our Saturday teams for us. It'll be mad sweet to watch Harvard come in all dejected because they just got taken to the house in front of 50 fans. Oh wait, that happens to them at home too.

Comment

It's so freaking obvious that it doesn't even need to be said. RPI could have swept these four games the way they were played, and they'd still be evenly matched.

Do you actually watch these games, or do you just go online, see the score, and immediately declare the one with more goals to be the better team? If Union had won these games 4-1, 6-2, and 3-0 without needing empty netters to bolster the gap, then yes, perhaps you could say Union was the better team with a straight face. Heck, even if they'd done that just once.

Sincere apologies for not joining in on your little bukxake fest. Just keep softening up our Saturday teams for us. It'll be mad sweet to watch Harvard come in all dejected because they just got taken to the house in front of 50 fans. Oh wait, that happens to them at home too.
                  Yes, all games were close but something needs to be said for the fact that in the end, 3 of the 4 went Union's way. It's not all "lucky bounces".

Comment

Why? Aren't Union fans saying this?

Comment

Yes, all games were close but something needs to be said for the fact that in the end, 3 of the 4 went Union's way. It's not all "lucky bounces".
                      Have you ever taken a course in statistics? Never mind, you went to Union.

If two teams are evenly matched, half the time, the series would be 3 wins for one team. ( 1/8 a sweep, and 3/8 a split)
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

What Ralph said. Earlier today, I mentioned that if these teams played 10 games this season, RPI would win 5.

Besides, how did Union score the winning goal in the RPI tournament? Good bounce. How did they come back in the ECAC game in Troy? Good bounce. How did they score both of their meaningful goals on Saturday? Good set pieces on the faceoff. Are you honestly going to argue that those instances make Union the better team? Please say yes. I need a good laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          Have you ever taken a course in statistics? Never mind, you went to Union.

If two teams are evenly matched, half the time, the series would be 3 wins for one team. ( 1/8 a sweep, and 3/8 a split)
                          Never took statistics. If Union was a little better than RPI then what would the chances be that Union would have 3 wins after 4 games?

Comment

Never took statistics. If Union was a little better than RPI then what would the chances be that Union would have 3 wins after 4 games?
                            Hedging your bets now?

Comment

What Ralph said. Earlier today, I mentioned that if these teams played 10 games this season, RPI would win 5.

Besides, how did Union score the winning goal in the RPI tournament? Good bounce. How did they come back in the ECAC game in Troy? Good bounce. How did they score both of their meaningful goals on Saturday? Good set pieces on the faceoff. Are you honestly going to argue that those instances make Union the better team? Please say yes. I need a good laugh.
                              I'm not saying that Union are the Detroit Red Wings and RPI are the Albany River Rats. But isn't it possible that Union is a little bit better than RPI?

Comment

I'm not saying that Union are the Detroit Red Wings and RPI are the Albany River Rats. But isn't it possible that Union is a little bit better than RPI?
                                Keep whining, it's endearing.

We've already laid out a pretty clear cut case using numbers and logic to support our argument. You've used the kindergarten method.

Comment

Working...
                                X