X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI III: Revenge of the Seth

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Unlikely. The ref's handbook clearly states RPI must receive more penalties than their opponent in an ECAC contest.
    And if possible get 2 minors called at the same time for a lengthy 5 on 3 against.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by REDRocket View Post
      Unless they start Kinkaid.
      A distinction without a difference...
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        And if possible get 2 minors called at the same time for a lengthy 5 on 3 against.
        I've seen that at Messa before..... not fun. It actually cost us the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
          A distinction without a difference...
          ...except that the team hasn't beaten him yet this year. I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.
          Originally posted by moe24
          Thread over... REDRocket wins!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            I've seen that at Messa before..... not fun. It actually cost us the game.
            I just hope the refs call the game as it really is-and not by reputation. Too often it seems like the refs have a game plan and call the game according to that as opposed to what is really going on out there on the ice. The UMass game comes to mind immediately. There have been times we take stupid unnecessary penalties-but it seems like we get called for lenghty 5 on 3's more than deserved this year.

Comment

...except that the team hasn't beaten him yet this year. I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.
              RR: Good to have you back on the thread-where you been??

Comment

Could be worse, Union had a 5 on 3 against Princeton last week, scored, and still had a lengthy 5 on 3 because Princeton had another player in the box waiting for his penalty to start ticking down.

I just hope the refs call the game as it really is-and not by reputation. Too often it seems like the refs have a game plan and call the game according to that as opposed to what is really going on out there on the ice. The UMass game comes to mind immediately. There have been times we take stupid unnecessary penalties-but it seems like we get called for lenghty 5 on 3's more than deserved this year.
                It's the Murphy's, you know it won't be. There will be plenty of calls and plenty of sketchy make-up calls to even it out.
                National Champions 2014!
                Cleary Cup Champions 2011, 2012, 2014, 2017!
                Whitelaw Cup Champions 2012, 2013, 2014!!!
                Let's Go U!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rolevio View Post
                  Could be worse, Union had a 5 on 3 against Princeton last week, scored, and still had a lengthy 5 on 3 because Princeton had another player in the box waiting for his penalty to start ticking down.

It's the Murphy's, you know it won't be. There will be plenty of calls and plenty of sketchy make-up calls to even it out.
                  That has been my experience with them also. Individually they are bad-together I have only seen them work once and it was quite a show. I consider the best games when you don't even notice the officials-sometyimes not even knowing who is working the game. With the Murphys you always know who is calling the game.

Comment

RR: Good to have you back on the thread-where you been??
                    It's probably due to the recent addition of a little Rocket.
                    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 01-15-2010, 04:05 PM.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

From what I heard, the Murphy boys were up in Clarkson last weekend and darn near caused a riot with how they called the Friday game against UAH. Be ready for anything I'd say.
                      R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                        From what I heard, the Murphy boys were up in Clarkson last weekend and darn near caused a riot with how they called the Friday game against UAH. Be ready for anything I'd say.
                        John and Dan? I hope to heck Frank still isn't in the mix, or is being brought back from retirement.....

Comment

It could be argued that Union hasn't faced this team (4-1 in their last 5) yet...
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                            It could be argued that Union hasn't faced this team (4-1 in their last 5) yet...
                            uhhhhh..... Yale to Bentley we were 4-1... but there's still confidence that we're playing better. Plus, they haven't seen us at 100% yet.

EDIT: Oops, forgot about Niagara, 4-2..... but it's probably best I forget about that game anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              It's probably due to the recent addition of a little Rocket.
                              Good to know-the Rocket has been firing on all cylinders.

Comment

A quick celebration of the oldest college hockey barns (courtesy of ESPN):

http://sports.espn.go.com/travel/news/story?id=4796116

Comment

Working...
                                X