X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Re: RPI III: Revenge of the Seth

Article about Marty O'Grady http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...e847003676.txt.
    Ironically, O’Grady likely would have wound up at rival Clarkson had Rensselaer not gone after him wholeheartedly.

“The most heavily was Clarkson,” he said. “Yeah, unusual. But I decided I like the feel of the locker room here, and the guys, especially the coaching staff and I felt like RPI was the place for me to be.”

Leave a comment:

• rjohntute
    replied

By the way, I predict two victories this weekend. 5-2 over Dartmouth and 4-3 over Harvard. Polacek and JD'A will have big weekends in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• rjohntute
    replied

New thread is up and ready for when this one closes: http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...22#post4576922

Leave a comment:

• ServinisScores
    replied

A quick observation on Oates - if you mine the data, the prolific wingers he's played over the years [starting w/ Carter, Hull, Neely, etc.] you'll find each of their goal totals peaked when they played w. Oates. Instead of Oates being a benefactor, I'd venture that the wingers who played w/ him were the benefactors...

...regardless, this is a good year for him to get in, not a lot of sure-fire locks.

Leave a comment:

• GreatLakerMohawk
    replied

That also works given that they're finally back at home this weekend after more than a month away.

Leave a comment:

• jmhusker
    replied

Haven't seen any talk on the new thread title. Putting out suggestions that never get chosen is one of my favorite pastimes though so I might as well stick with it.

In honor of the '85 teams return and the fact that we are finally looking resurgent, I suggest:

RPI ... IV: The boys are back in town!

Leave a comment:

• GreatLakerMohawk
    replied

Originally posted by RHamilton View Post
    It's being advertised campus-wide, so I presume it's open to the public. Sounds like a great reason to arrive at the game 3 hours earlier.
    Wow. I wouldn't mind getting the free DVD. Less money I have to give the NCAA that way too.

Leave a comment:

• RHamilton
    replied

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
    Is that going to be open to everyone or just the select few?
    It's being advertised campus-wide, so I presume it's open to the public. Sounds like a great reason to arrive at the game 3 hours earlier.

Leave a comment:

• Red Cloud
    replied

Originally posted by Senna View Post
    I havent posted in a bit, but had to come back to this - do you really think appropriate or necessary to address something that was not hockey related ? I know what you speak of and also think you have noted the wrong player. I never liked Lindros, but am growing to like you even less when you post garbage (like this).
    He's a cake eater who lives in an ivory tower in San Francisco. It's probably just wishful thinking on his part. Just ignore him, everyone else does.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/201...120103256.aspx

I think almost every home game this year is a special of some sort. Friday, Jerry D'Amigo will be honored for his participation in the WJC. There will be commemorative posters (not clear who will get them), and youth hockey players 13 years old and under will get in for free if they wear their jerseys.

Saturday's HS game has been mentioned.

Leave a comment:

• GRussinko
    replied

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
    Ken Schott mentioned the last minute of play Clarkson cheer/jeer (it's a pretty good one ). Is it just that or is there some historical basis for it?
    http://apbwiki.rpipepbandalumni.org/One_Minute_...

Leave a comment:

• bothman
    replied

[QUOTE=Senna;4576152]
    Originally posted by bothman View Post

I havent posted in a bit, but had to come back to this - do you really think appropriate or necessary to address something that was not hockey related ? I know what you speak of and also think you have noted the wrong player. I never liked Lindros, but am growing to like you even less when you post garbage (like this).
    and to think that we only discuss what happens on the ice on USCHO....that would be the day!

These are the right players - whether the rumors are true or not, well, I guess we will never know.

Leave a comment:

• Wholin1
    replied

Ken Schott mentioned the last minute of play Clarkson cheer/jeer (it's a pretty good one ). Is it just that or is there some historical basis for it?

Leave a comment:

• GreatLakerMohawk
    replied

Is that going to be open to everyone or just the select few?

Leave a comment:

• RHamilton
    replied

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Projection from the stage? Seeing as how the band is most likely not going to be there (source being one of the current band members), they'll probably set it up there.
    Well, I have a little bit of news on that front, though I didn't think it was all going to take place for another two weeks!

The following is a release from the Office of Alumni Relations:

Friday, February 5 ▪ Houston Field House ▪ 4 p.m.

Interactive Discussion with the 1985 National Championship Players:
    Captain Mike Sadeghpour ’85

Mike Dark ’86

Ken Hammond ’85

George Servinis ’86

Hosted by game announcer Al Shibley

Featuring video footage and discussion of the path leading to the championship.
    The first 75 attendees receive a 25th Anniversary DVD of the 1985 Championship game.
    Note that it too mentions the display of video footage!

I was contacted by the Office of Alumni Relations, and I'm pleased to announce that RPI TV will be covering this event and streaming it live via our website.

The email also mentioned the following:

This weekend also is going to provide a special opportunity. Working with the external media group, we are trying to secure a large screen to be placed above Section 1 in the field house. This screen would also be used during game time on both Friday and Saturday to show some highlights of the 1985 team. If all goes well, and if you are interested, we would love to be able to utilize that screen for some in game replays. This particular request we can talk about once we secure the vendor for the media.
    Looks like the Field House is getting some type of screen, not sure if it's projected or more of a JumboTron. I have a hard time believing they'd put a permanent Jumbotron above Section 1, as Section 1 is soon to be removed in favor of a new VIP box and coaching offices.

I'm not sure how they're going to manage to mount a screen by Friday. Perhaps these two items are unrelated. I'm not sure exactly what is going to happen, but I'll let you know if I hear anything more.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X