Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI III: Revenge of the Seth

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: RPI III: Revenge of the Seth

    Originally posted by Section 22 View Post
    woooooo, much needed win! Great momentum builder to take to the Great Lakes Invitational.
    Hope we do well up there of course-but basically want to come back healthy. We did manage to squeak one out tonight that I thought was lost with those 2 short handed goals against. Got to hand it to our kids-they don't give up easily(which is a lot better than the past 3 years).
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: RPI III: Revenge of the Seth

      I only saw the third period, but NICE JOB RPI.

      You could see BU's talent (how did they miss that back-door play on the PP?), but RPI played really tough and I think just outworked them. Your third goal was a thing of beauty, starting with the kid who took the hit to move the puck up the boards.

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: RPI III: Revenge of the Seth

        Phew...

        Showed some mental toughness after what happened 2 nights ago, which is a good sign heading into the second half of the season. Good job by the coaching staff having them ready to go. Gave up 2 shorties but came from behind to win anyways. Good job guys.

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: RPI III: Revenge of the Seth

          Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          Hope we do well up there of course-but basically want to come back healthy. We did manage to squeak one out tonight that I thought was lost with those 2 short handed goals against. Got to hand it to our kids-they don't give up easily(which is a lot better than the past 3 years).
          This is why it isn't over until the final horn. And that goes BOTH ways.

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: RPI III: Revenge of the Seth

            Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            This is why it isn't over until the final horn. And that goes BOTH ways.
            This year we can say that-we have an offense. The last 3 years, once we were down, we were out. We could not muster enough scoring to come back from 1 goal down during that time period. It is fun following RPI hockey again. There are the bad games(the last little streak proves that) but this team has something that was missing the past few years-HEART. I don't think anyone can take them lightly.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: RPI III: Revenge of the Seth

              we win

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: RPI III: Revenge of the Seth

                Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                This year we can say that-we have an offense. The last 3 years, once we were down, we were out. We could not muster enough scoring to come back from 1 goal down during that time period. It is fun following RPI hockey again. There are the bad games(the last little streak proves that) but this team has something that was missing the past few years-HEART. I don't think anyone can take them lightly.
                We saw it last year in the playoffs, and that's probably why the offseason thread was titled "The Light at the End of the Tunnel". These guys are gonna go for it, let it all hang out on the ice, and hopefully pick up more wins.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: RPI III: Revenge of the Seth

                  Two in a row at Agganis?
                  Mileage logged, 2005-06: 12759

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: RPI III: Revenge of the Seth

                    Note to Seth. Merriam looks 100% better than York. Note to jack parker. Time to go to your backup also. Overall an Ugly game but major props for Bryce. Wish he had played more recently. Really felt Seth slighted the kid afer he won the holiday tourney opener and Seth went to York who obviously was far from 100% healthy. Glad to have the Much needed win!

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: RPI III: Revenge of the Seth

                      Originally posted by jstadts View Post
                      Note to Seth. Merriam looks 100% better than York. Note to jack parker. Time to go to your backup also. Overall an Ugly game but major props for Bryce. Wish he had played more recently. Really felt Seth slighted the kid afer he won the holiday tourney opener and Seth went to York who obviously was far from 100% healthy. Glad to have the Much needed win!
                      Great game by Merriam. Great come back. Exciting days ahead.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: RPI III: Revenge of the Seth

                        Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post
                        Like the title, hopefully it gives us special Jedi Powers.
                        Didn't we used to have special Buddy Powers?
                        And will those jedi powers help us get the injured back on the ice soon?
                        Last edited by fr joe; 12-12-2009, 03:19 AM.
                        Here we come!

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: RPI III: Revenge of the Seth

                          Welp, we might have a schizo team this year. Here's hoping Good RPI shows up at the GLI. I haven't witnessed a win in 3.5 years. Speaking of which, I guess now's as good a time as any to share the following, which I wrote just after RPI's participation in the Denver Cup at the very beginning of this year.

                          http://www.tylerhinman.com/index.php...sk=view&id=128
                          Tyler

                          The Human Hockey Hex
                          RPI record with me in attendance (since 2/25/06): 5-24-2
                          ECAC semifinals made since I enrolled: 0

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: RPI III: Revenge of the Seth

                            Doc I saw you mentioned in the game thread that you thought the defense did poorly tonight and that's about the only thing I'd disagree with. BU is extremely talented but mired in some sort of funk where they're both not getting breaks and not helping create their own luck.

                            Cohen's power play goal wasn't a fault of the defense, he tipped a shot from the point and it found the net. The two shorthanded goals came while RPI was trying to kickstart the offense with five forwards. I'd mentioned on the broadcast tonight that after the shorthanded chance(s) BU got towards the end of the second if we'd see that five forward unit out there again and surely enough we didn't the rest of the way. BU was extremely aggressive on the kill and blocked a lot of shots out high (something I didn't make enough note of).

                            The defense did well aside from some uncharacteristic boneheadedness from Foss - after all, the defense, for once, carried the offense. Brutlag, for as much as he makes me crazy with his penchant for pinching, scored and drew two penalties and it seemed apparent that BU didn't quite know how to handle him when he jumped into the play. While the shot differential early on was pretty rough the defense really held tight and didn't break.

                            I'm not picking an argument here at all, just wanted to pass along what I was seeing out there tonight (don't know if you had an online feed from NESN or not).
                            R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: RPI III: Revenge of the Seth

                              Added mini-gallery to game recap - http://www.uscho.com/recaps/20092010/m/12/11/rpi-bu.php



                              Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                              HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                              HockeyPhotos on Twitter

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: RPI III: Revenge of the Seth

                                Amazing photos as always!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X