X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI III: Revenge of the Seth

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
    Now an assist as well.
    Being on the top line, I expect nothing less. Unfortunately when he's done at RPI he has to play for the Maple Leafs.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/205/live/2699.html

Check out who has USA's 3rd goal.
      ?? Derek Stepan ??

I see D'Amigo has the 7th goal for USA, though , as well as an assist on their 5th goal.

Comment

Originally posted by JCrawford View Post
        ?? Derek Stepan ??

I see D'Amigo has the 7th goal for USA, though , as well as an assist on their 5th goal.
        He HAD the 3rd goal originally, but it later got switched. He did get the 7th, though.

And he received Player of the Game for the USA.

Comment

He HAD the 3rd goal originally, but it later got switched. He did get the 7th, though.
          Jerry D'amigo USA player of the game...OUTSTANDING !!!!!!
          What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
            Jerry D'amigo USA player of the game...OUTSTANDING !!!!!!
            Are you smiling Ralph?
            GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by JCrawford View Post
              ?? Derek Stepan ??

Goal 3--It did look like Stepan's goal
              GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                Goal 3--It did look like Stepan's goal
                I could not get a pictoral view; I merely have the box score. They originally had it for D'Amigo on the box. Hey, I'm still psyched about POTG.

Comment

And he received Player of the Game for the USA.
                  Yeah, that 3rd goal was Stepan all the way. The statskeepers in Saskatoon were straight lousy.

I would have given POTG to Stepan, but D'Amigo was deserving too. The whole line along with UND's Danny Kristo was redonk after the 5-minute major was over in the 1st.
                  Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                    RB: Do you remember when the RPI tourney drew the best teams in the country and the competition was fierce? I used to love the 3 day round robin and then the 2 day tournaments more recently as I got to see the best in the country.
                    It didn't really draw more than one top team at a time since I was a student.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                      Are you smiling Ralph?
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                        Yeah, that 3rd goal was Stepan all the way. The statskeepers in Saskatoon were straight lousy.

I would have given POTG to Stepan, but D'Amigo was deserving too. The whole line along with UND's Danny Kristo was redonk after the 5-minute major was over in the 1st.
                        They were worn out after the previous two games.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                          I hope we can make some noise at the GLI. I noticed the Big Blue Blowhard blog slammed us for being the weakest 4th team ever, blah blah. Hope we can send Red and his hair dye packing.
                          Everybody who's got players missing for the World Junior Championships, raise your hand.

NOT SO FAST, MICHIGAN!
                          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Being on the top line, I expect nothing less. Unfortunately when he's done at RPI he has to play for the Maple Leafs.
                            Kessel, an ex gopher who only plays offense, UVM's Stahlberg, Notre Dame's Hanson, as well as DU's Bozak and RPI's D'Amigo could be the beginning of something good.
                            GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              A nice article by Ed Weaver about RPI going to the GLI http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...b512676126.txt.

I could have sworn, however, that the GLI was also played in December 1985 at the JLA, so this isn't RPI's first visit since the NCAA tourney in 1985. Well, he was only off by a few months.

While checking old Intercollegiate Hockey Newsletters before posting this, I was reminded that Mark Jooris had five goals and two assists vs. Michigan in the opening round. I hope that someone can duplicate that.

I would also argue about whether the 1985 championship was RPI's greatest feat. We were favored in both games, although perhaps not big favorites vs. UMD. I would think that the 1954 championship was a greater feat. Then again, perhaps Weaver is correct since there was more competition overall in 1985 than in 1954.

Edit: He wrote "fete" not "feat". It's rather odd wording, but maybe it is correct, although there may have been a greater fete after the team returned home at the Student Union.
                              It looks like Ed Weaver doesn't read USCHO as he wrote again on Saturday that this is RPI's first trip to the GLA since the 1985 Final Four http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...7474260865.txt. He also was way off on the RPI-UMD score, although he got the PC score correct.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

IIHF recap of game

What I'd like to know is... who is Jeremy D'Amigo?

The photos page has a shot of the two Players of the Game.
                                Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 12-27-2009, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X