X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate...Postseason Thread...Youth Is Served

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
    LOL, I'm with ya shabby

Not sure I want to venture over to the "dark side" (visitor's stands). I sometimes hang out at the concession stand at the 1/2 if you ever venture over that way. No pressure. Still not sure about showing up - about 50-50 as of this hour
    Laughing at "dark side"...The sun is on your back, shoulders, and legs, yet you don't have to squint, much easier on the eyes. Tailgating is also "in the sun" and back where it should be, behind the scoreboard and visitors side. We only have to walk a few feet to tailgate again(as it should be). Roach is gone, yay Vicky !
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Nice game yesterday. My binocs revealed a man in dark blue shorts, yellow shirt under all-blue windbreaker, dark blue hat sitting with DV. Sorry I didn't make it over to the "dark side." No sun to look into on the Dunlap side
      COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Ben Sharf ‏@BenSharf 19m
        Proud to announce my commitment to play college hockey at Colgate University. Thanks to everyone who has helped me along the way. #GoRaiders

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=246798
        QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
        2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
        2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
        2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
        https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
        https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
        https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
          Nice game yesterday. My binocs revealed a man in dark blue shorts, yellow shirt under all-blue windbreaker, dark blue hat sitting with DV. Sorry I didn't make it over to the "dark side." No sun to look into on the Dunlap side
          Was I behaving ? Saw Goulakis and some of the boys, he looked ripped, and very healthy. I think it's time for the "new thread".

Chunky, get your butt on here, you're here every day ffs.

Comment

Hi, a couple of us Northeastern grads are making the trek from Buffalo for the game at Colgate on Friday October 17. I have the game tickets all set, so the next step is to figure out where to go eat and drink. Any suggestions for what to do around Hamilton? Since it's about a 3 hour drive, we're trying to make a day of it. We made the trip there about 10 years ago but we just buzzed in and out of town, it was dark out so we didn't see much. Thanks.
            Let's Go Huskies!

Northeastern University '02

Comment

Originally posted by McBain75 View Post
              Hi, a couple of us Northeastern grads are making the trek from Buffalo for the game at Colgate on Friday October 17. I have the game tickets all set, so the next step is to figure out where to go eat and drink. Any suggestions for what to do around Hamilton? Since it's about a 3 hour drive, we're trying to make a day of it. We made the trip there about 10 years ago but we just buzzed in and out of town, it was dark out so we didn't see much. Thanks.
              LOL. You won't see much in the daylight either. Just one stoplight. Might suggest the Colgate Inn for eating/drinking; can't miss it. There are a number of other watering holes you can try. Good pizza at Olivers or NY Pizza in town. There is also an Indian food restuarant, however I have never tried it. (Shabby, chime in here - you know what to recommend to these folks better than I do.) If you are into art, the Picker Gallery on campus might entertain you. Have a good time, but don't carry it too far

Comment

There is the Good Natured Brewery in town (I believe they give tours, but no restaurant inside as far as I know), the Saranac brewery in Utica, or Turning Stone up a bit if that tickles your fancy. Yes, it's a little bit of a drive, but Hamilton really is an area with a couple of colleges (SUNY Morrisville right down the street) surrounded by a whole bunch of hills and not much else.

Comment

So if you're at the stoplight in town having come from the rink... Good Nature Brewing Co. is on your left, great local beer but no food (you can order in/bring your own if you so choose). Directly ahead are the Colgate Inn & #10 Tavern, both good spots with #10 being more of a burger joint while the Inn menu is more upscale. Make a left at the light & you'll see the two pizza places as well as Rusch's Sports Bar, also a good spot with all the games on. Back at the light a right will take you roughly a quarter mile up to the Seven Oaks Clubhouse, my personal favorite from a food point of view. There's also a few other bars in town that you can't miss... it's not a big place!

Regarding Gate football, I'm hoping we don't overlook Georgetown this weekend. They've played better than expected, hope it's not a trap game & we hammer them as we should. But a little worried...

Comment

Thanks, we'll try one of those before the game. Besides games back in Boston, we've made the trip to Colgate once, Union once, and RPI twice over the years when NU is up that way. As much as I love stopping at the Dinosaur in Syracuse, we're trying to find something new to do on the way.

Another question - parking at the arena. Do you need a pass or a tag for any of those lots by there?
                    Let's Go Huskies!

Northeastern University '02

Comment

Preseason polls are out and we clearly have a target on our back. It's nice to have the excitement but makes me nervous as well. This is the most hype that this team has gotten since I started following the team in 2001-02.

Comment

Thanks, we'll try one of those before the game. Besides games back in Boston, we've made the trip to Colgate once, Union once, and RPI twice over the years when NU is up that way. As much as I love stopping at the Dinosaur in Syracuse, we're trying to find something new to do on the way.

Another question - parking at the arena. Do you need a pass or a tag for any of those lots by there?
                        No. Once you go past the rink make your first right turn and there should be plenty of parking in the lot or beyond that on the grass near the other athletic fields. Another trick is to make a left - coming from town - at the stoplight before the rink, go about 100 yards and make a right in front of the old Student Union. You can park in most any of the spaces there and walk to the rink. It's a little bit of a walk but good exercise if you are so inclined.

Comment

Originally posted by red133883 View Post
                          Preseason polls are out and we clearly have a target on our back. It's nice to have the excitement but makes me nervous as well. This is the most hype that this team has gotten since I started following the team in 2001-02.
                          Fast start might be vital- looking at John Buccigross' poll, we open with 2 at the #7 team, and then host the #10 team the next weekend. Contender or pretender might just get sorted out early.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate83 View Post
                            So if you're at the stoplight in town having come from the rink... Good Nature Brewing Co. is on your left, great local beer but no food (you can order in/bring your own if you so choose). Directly ahead are the Colgate Inn & #10 Tavern, both good spots with #10 being more of a burger joint while the Inn menu is more upscale. Make a left at the light & you'll see the two pizza places as well as Rusch's Sports Bar, also a good spot with all the games on. Back at the light a right will take you roughly a quarter mile up to the Seven Oaks Clubhouse, my personal favorite from a food point of view. There's also a few other bars in town that you can't miss... it's not a big place!

Regarding Gate football, I'm hoping we don't overlook Georgetown this weekend. They've played better than expected, hope it's not a trap game & we hammer them as we should. But a little worried...
                            Hammer them as we should ? What happened last year ?

Comment

34-14 win for us.....not exactly a hammering.

Comment

Working...
                              X