Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate...Postseason Thread...Youth Is Served

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
    One week to football, 43 days to hockey ! C'mon people !
    Apparently we have a late arriving fan base. Maybe the new thread will attract some attention. Looking forward to hearing poster's thoughts on the '14-'15 skaters.
    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Just received the Silver Puck newsletter, schedule, and rundown on frosh skaters. Looks like no Silver Puck weekend this year. It will be held every two years from now on. Not excited to see the Cornell games back-to-back in late January, but that's life. Liked it better when they were separated by a few weeks.

New skaters look good. Hope they can contribute immediately.

Comment

One site mentioned we will be preseason ECAC favorites, I hope not as they usually are way off with their predictions. I would expect third or fourth and don't want a bullseye on our backs. The St Cloud series will be huge, hope for at least a split, our OOC scheduling is no way even close to as tough as last year.
        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

[QUOTE=sshablak;5992264]One site mentioned we will be preseason ECAC favorites, I hope not as they usually are way off with their predictions. I would expect third or fourth and don't want a bullseye on our backs.

Agree with a top 4. I think the seeding within the top 4 will be a dog fight this year. Many teams will be returning strong defensive zone units which will make the ECAC challenging. Good luck to your team.

Comment

This year is the first time since 2007-08 that the expectations are high for this team. I think most of is admitted last year that this is the year. Last year was gravy.

I think to have a "good year" they have to make it one step beyond last year and play for the frozen four. (I know it seems like a high standard but it really is just one game better than last year).

As for the league it is up for grabs, but I think 'gate has to be the favorite. There was just too much turnover at union (not to say they won't have the skill, you just can't expect it).

The St. Cloud series is huge, with these expectations you need to get a good win early. Take a split and come home to play NE.
            Last edited by red133883; 08-28-2014, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Very excited for 9/5, to grab some tickets!

Comment

Originally posted by College_Hockey_Fan View Post
                Very excited for 9/5, to grab some tickets!
                What's 9/5 ??

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                  What's 9/5 ??
                  Individual game tickets go on sale. One step closer to the season!

Comment

If College_Hockey_Fan's enthusiasm is symptomatic of how our fan base will view the upcoming season, we may have sellouts every home game. Guess I better get in line 9/5

Comment

Originally posted by College_Hockey_Fan View Post
                      Individual game tickets go on sale. One step closer to the season!

Gate website says tix went on sale 9/1.

Comment

RPI blog Without a peer's yearly post about Colgate http://www.withoutapeer.com/2014/09/...y-colgate.html.

I have no connection with WaP except as a reader.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          RPI blog Without a peer's yearly post about Colgate http://www.withoutapeer.com/2014/09/...y-colgate.html.

I have no connection with WaP except as a reader.
                          Thank you Ralph, I have been waiting for this. All the pieces are in place and my optimism abounds, good luck to you guys also.

Comment

I wonder when the ECAC meeting takes place in Naples, should be fairly soon. Where will we be picked ?

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                              I wonder when the ECAC meeting takes place in Naples, should be fairly soon. Where will we be picked ?
                              C'mon Shabby, the ECAC doesn't meet in Naples. You're thinking of the AHCA Meetings which occur the end of April and include all leagues/teams. The ECAC usually meets in Albany mid September.
                              I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Don’t know where you’ll land in the pre-ECAC standings but Vegas has you at 20-1 for it all.... http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2014...a-championship
                                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Working...
                                X