Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colgate...Postseason Thread...Youth Is Served

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Colgate...Postseason Thread...Youth Is Served

    Shabby, here's the most recent update I saw from the AD Newsletter on April 9:

    New Athletic Facility Update:
    Speaking of facilities, we also are fully underway in the planning and design of our New Athletic Facility. The committee consisting of members of the athletic department and key constituents on campus have met six times with Sasaki & Associates, with each meeting lasting severalhours. We are well in the midst of the schematic design phase and planning the locations of all programming needs. We have also had many in-depth conversations focusing on sustainability needs, the best location for fan entrances and how to provide a great facility for all of our coaches and student-athletes. As things progress, I certainly will keep Raider Nation up to date! We are on schedule for the NAF to be up and ready by October 2016.
    Go 'gate,
    Vicky

    Since then on campus I've heard consistently that things are progressing, they expect shovels in the ground by end of year. If I hear anything different, will certainly let you know!

    Comment


    • Re: Colgate...Postseason Thread...Youth Is Served

      Originally posted by Gate83 View Post
      Shabby, here's the most recent update I saw from the AD Newsletter on April 9:

      New Athletic Facility Update:
      Speaking of facilities, we also are fully underway in the planning and design of our New Athletic Facility. The committee consisting of members of the athletic department and key constituents on campus have met six times with Sasaki & Associates, with each meeting lasting severalhours. We are well in the midst of the schematic design phase and planning the locations of all programming needs. We have also had many in-depth conversations focusing on sustainability needs, the best location for fan entrances and how to provide a great facility for all of our coaches and student-athletes. As things progress, I certainly will keep Raider Nation up to date! We are on schedule for the NAF to be up and ready by October 2016.
      Go 'gate,
      Vicky

      Since then on campus I've heard consistently that things are progressing, they expect shovels in the ground by end of year. If I hear anything different, will certainly let you know!
      Thank you !
      It all starts with the goaltending.

      Comment


      • Re: Colgate...Postseason Thread...Youth Is Served

        As of today, there are 100 days until Colgate's next game.

        Comment


        • Re: Colgate...Postseason Thread...Youth Is Served

          Originally posted by sshablak View Post
          Congrats to Fogarty getting the nod at Princeton.
          This may come back to haunt the 'Gate!
          I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a river and have been skating ever since!

          Comment


          • Re: Colgate...Postseason Thread...Youth Is Served

            The Fogarty/Dexter to Princeton movement puts Colgate in a tough spot without a top assistant three months before the start of the season; not to mention it gives Princeton one heck of an assistant coach. And now the first priority is getting a replacement hired as quickly as possible; especially with recruiting season starting back up fairly soon. I can think of a couple of folks who would be perfect candidates that I bet have already been contacted about the position. I have no inside information on this, just speculating as much as I'm sure you all are so I'll refrain from using names. Who would you guys like to see get a look?

            Comment


            • Re: Colgate...Postseason Thread...Youth Is Served

              Originally posted by 'Gate Radio View Post
              The Fogarty/Dexter to Princeton movement puts Colgate in a tough spot without a top assistant three months before the start of the season; not to mention it gives Princeton one heck of an assistant coach. And now the first priority is getting a replacement hired as quickly as possible; especially with recruiting season starting back up fairly soon. I can think of a couple of folks who would be perfect candidates that I bet have already been contacted about the position. I have no inside information on this, just speculating as much as I'm sure you all are so I'll refrain from using names. Who would you guys like to see get a look?
              At this point in the year, I would think that the simple move would be to promote Lefevre, and maybe see if Mike Harder is interested in something more than a volunteer position, unless there's a name out there that I'm not seeing.

              Comment


              • Re: Colgate...Postseason Thread...Youth Is Served

                Andy McDonald would be nice! So would Cory Murphy.

                Comment


                • Re: Colgate...Postseason Thread...Youth Is Served

                  Greg Drechsel.....former Clarkson associate coach, assistant at Clarkson, Miami, Denver; played for Terry Slater for 4 years; current Columbus Blue Jackets scout......Don should go after him hard....he would be great.

                  Comment


                  • Re: Colgate...Postseason Thread...Youth Is Served

                    Originally posted by blemberg View Post
                    Greg Drechsel.....former Clarkson associate coach, assistant at Clarkson, Miami, Denver; played for Terry Slater for 4 years; current Columbus Blue Jackets scout......Don should go after him hard....he would be great.
                    I agree with blemberg. Drechsel should def be on DV's short list.
                    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

                    Comment


                    • Re: Colgate...Postseason Thread...Youth Is Served

                      Visited Hamilton yest to see the tornado damage in Poolville and Earlvile etc, many trees down. Checked out the new soccer field, very nice, fits in perfectly between the field hockey and football fields. Nothing started on the new rink yet.
                      It all starts with the goaltending.

                      Comment


                      • Re: Colgate...Postseason Thread...Youth Is Served

                        Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                        Visited Hamilton yest to see the tornado damage in Poolville and Earlvile etc, many trees down. Checked out the new soccer field, very nice, fits in perfectly between the field hockey and football fields. Nothing started on the new rink yet.
                        We only got some heavy rain up here, but did hear there were a few casualties. Hopefully everyone is OK.

                        Comment


                        • Re: Colgate...Postseason Thread...Youth Is Served

                          Coaching changes happen all the time but don't understand why Dexter left. More money? Tired of Hamilton? In need of a drastic change? Do he and Vaughan have different coaching philosophies? Colgate is due for a breakout season - maybe two - and a new arena is on the horizon! He's an alum! If he was moving to HE or another power conference, fine, but this lateral move stings.
                          C O L G A T E
                          1990 NCAA FINALS
                          ______________________
                          ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                          ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                          ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

                          Comment


                          • Re: Colgate...Postseason Thread...Youth Is Served

                            Shabby, here's a link to the project update... note it includes their timeline as well as some schematics down at the bottom. http://www.colgate.edu/offices-and-s...etics-facility

                            Comment


                            • Re: Colgate...Postseason Thread...Youth Is Served

                              Originally posted by TchrBill View Post
                              Coaching changes happen all the time but don't understand why Dexter left. More money? Tired of Hamilton? In need of a drastic change? Do he and Vaughan have different coaching philosophies? Colgate is due for a breakout season - maybe two - and a new arena is on the horizon! He's an alum! If he was moving to HE or another power conference, fine, but this lateral move stings.
                              I'm with you Bill. Don't understand it. Were there great differences in DV's and BD's hockey philosophies? That's the only thing I can think of. Moving to P'ton is a step down IMHO. Here's a Gate alum going to the Ivy Lg?? Go figure...
                              COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

                              Comment


                              • Re: Colgate...Postseason Thread...Youth Is Served

                                FINALLY...a glimpse of the new arena and a time frame for construction! Should have known it would be hidden under 'facilities' and not the main sports page where it belongs! If they want money to be contributed, why not flaunt it?! This is long, long overdue. Kudos to Colgate. Not only do I hope administration, staff, players, students and fans enjoy the facility, but I hope other teams and coaches will be impressed as well. I am also impressed with the landscaping that seems to tie all of the facilities together. I was skeptical at first but stayed hopeful!

                                Also caught some pics of the new soccer field from that page, looks great but I don't see COLGATE anywhere to be seen on the field or press box! That is a MUST and I'm sure it will happen! The scoreboard looks undersized and isn't quite 21st century material...where's the jumbotron?! Ah, to dream.

                                Looking good, 'Gate!
                                C O L G A T E
                                1990 NCAA FINALS
                                ______________________
                                ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                                ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                                ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X