Colgate...Postseason Thread...Youth Is Served

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate...Postseason Thread...Youth Is Served

I just want to hear something from the school. where is it at, why is it delayed. Just tell me something, I feel like the school ran into problems (which is absolutely fine, it happens) but are now scared to tell people about it

Comment

From the March 17 CAC newsletter (Vicki Chun's weekly what's up posting on the Raiders web site):

Our New Athletic Facility (NAF) continues to move along as we met with Sasaki Associates last week to go over schematic designs
      and the seating of the bowl. I will have more information regarding NAF and our New Soccer Facility (NSF) in next week's newsletter.

There wasn't a follow up on the NSF. I wouldn't read much into the time line here. The facility was originally slated to go where B&G is - that was changed for some reason - delay obvious. Also, I think in trying to get donations, the school's promotional materials made it seem as if a facility had been designed and was ready to go. That is highly unlikely as it would represent a huge waste of money (for design, etc.) if the funding didn't materialize or took 2-3 extra years to come together (necessitating significant redesign to accomodate changes in costs, codes, etc.) Additionally, once the facility got to the "go" phase, donors show up to fund extras which need to get worked in (included in the amount raised was a little over $1 million raised for the MLAX locker room!) Competition for recruits once centered largely on coaches, tradition and scholarships. At the level Colgate want to play at in Hockey, Lacrosse and Soccer, that competition now includes facilities so those extras are key. I just hope they are able to do something state of the art broadcast wise. That's selfish as I can't regularly get to Hamilton for games but I also think it could be a huge recruiting edge. Several stories this year about players on multiple teams whose families were getting to see them play for the first time as seniors. Can't help but think the promise of a top quality HD feed right to your parent's Moose Jaw living room might sway a player or two our way/

Comment

p.s. Went to the Sasaki web site. Looks like they specialize in whole development design (lots of master plans, etc.). Go there and check out the RPI East Campus Athletic Village and pray Sasaki has been brought in to give a similar treatment to the new rink and soccer facility with future improvements to the football/lacrosse stadium in the works.

Comment

I see in November it looks like the Carrier Dome will be hosting games, Utica College-Oswego, SU Womens hockey and the Crunch vs the Comets. Why not Colgate vs Cornell in a non league game ? It would probably outdraw the others, would be great !!
          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

National Champion Clarkson vs. Cornell would be a much better draw than Colgate, unfortunately. They are arguably the league's - and the nation's - premier teams.
            C O L G A T E
            2023 ECAC CHAMPION
            1990 NCAA FINALS
            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
            ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
            ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by TchrBill View Post
              National Champion Clarkson vs. Cornell would be a much better draw than Colgate, unfortunately. They are arguably the league's - and the nation's - premier teams.
              What

Comment

Good news...They are digging up the field behind the football stadium for the new soccer facility. Maybe they will start the new arena this year.

Comment

I was talking SU & ECAC women's teams, shabby
                  'Gate/Cornell would be an obvious choice - have we ever tried something similar at the War Memorial? Students probably couldn't get there but it would the "MSG of CNY"
                  C O L G A T E
                  2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                  1990 NCAA FINALS
                  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                  ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                  ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by TchrBill View Post
                    I was talking SU & ECAC women's teams, shabby
                    'Gate/Cornell would be an obvious choice - have we ever tried something similar at the War Memorial? Students probably couldn't get there but it would the "MSG of CNY"
                    Have seen 'Gate men play at the War Memorial in the distant past - think it was a holiday tournament. Clarkson-Cornell women + Comets-Crunch, + 'Gate-Cornell men would make for a great central NY showcase.
                    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

For those who need their hockey fix, I have started piecing together next season's schedule Keep in mind nothing is official yet, and it probably won't be officially released until July:

Oct. 4 Exhibition?
                      Oct. 10 @St. Cloud?
                      Oct. 11 @St. Cloud?

Nov. 7 @Quinnipiac
                      Nov. 8 @Princeton
                      Nov. 14 St. Lawrence
                      Nov. 15 Clarkson
                      Nov. 21 Brown
                      Nov. 22 Yale

Dec. 27 vs. Western Michigan (Pittsburgh, exact date unconfirmed)
                      Dec. 28 vs. Robert Morris OR Penn St. (Pittsburgh, exact date unconfirmed)

Jan. 9 @Clarkson
                      Jan. 10 @St. Lawrence
                      Jan. 16 @RPI
                      Jan. 17 @Union
                      Jan. 23 Dartmouth
                      Jan. 24 Harvard

Feb. 6 Princeton
                      Feb. 7 Quinnipiac
                      Feb. 13 @Harvard (Colgate Day!)
                      Feb. 14 @Dartmouth
                      Feb. 20 Union
                      Feb. 21 RPI
                      Feb. 27 @Yale
                      Feb. 28 @Brown

Cornell dates TBD. We have Jan. 30-31 open, but we also have Dec. 5-6 open as well. Depending on how Colgate and Cornell arrange their non-conference schedules, we could see the same arrangement that we saw this season regarding the Cornell games (1 game on Dec. 6, then the other game on Jan. 31).

Confirmed OOC Opponents:
                      -St. Cloud (away x2, possibly to open the season)
                      -Sacred Heart (away x2)
                      -Western Michigan (Three Rivers Classic, Pittsburgh)
                      -Robert Morris OR Penn St. (Three Rivers Classic, Pittsburgh)
                      -Mercyhurst
                      -Boston University
                      -Northeastern

I don't know more about the Mercyhurst, BU, or Northeastern games. All I know is that they're on the schedule for next season. My best guess is that we'll play Mercyhurst and one of the aforementioned Hockey East teams twice at home, and the other Hockey East team twice in Boston. Personally, I like having BU and Northeastern on the schedule, not only because they're Hockey East teams, but also we haven't played them in quite some time.
                      Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
                        Cornell dates TBD. We have Jan. 30-31 open, but we also have Dec. 5-6 open as well. Depending on how Colgate and Cornell arrange their non-conference schedules, we could see the same arrangement that we saw this season regarding the Cornell games (1 game on Dec. 6, then the other game on Jan. 31).
                        At the moment we have 12/5-6 and 1/30-31 open. However, we also have two western teams coming in for pairs (Denver and UNO), so those weekends are probably both booked.

Thing is, we have no other free weekend days.

Remember when these games used to be on Tuesdays? We could be headed back to that (unless both teams free up the weekend of 12/12-13).
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          At the moment we have 12/5-6 and 1/30-31 open. However, we also have two western teams coming in for pairs (Denver and UNO), so those weekends are probably both booked.

Thing is, we have no other free weekend days.

Remember when these games used to be on Tuesdays? We could be headed back to that (unless both teams free up the weekend of 12/12-13).
                          Don't the Ivies play 2 non-conference games the weekend before league play begins? If so, chances are you guys could host UNO to start the season on 10/31 and 11/1. After reading the 2014-15 schedules thread, it mentions that Denver will be hosting BC that weekend, so it's likely they would play you guys on 12/5 and 12/6. That would set the Colgate-Cornell games on 1/30 and 1/31. Of course, nothing is official yet, and it's very likely that both UNO and/or Denver could have NCHC games on all three of those weekends.
                          Colgate '09

Comment

Don't the Ivies play 2 non-conference games the weekend before league play begins? If so, chances are you guys could host UNO to start the season on 10/31 and 11/1. After reading the 2014-15 schedules thread, it mentions that Denver will be hosting BC that weekend, so it's likely they would play you guys on 12/5 and 12/6. That would set the Colgate-Cornell games on 1/30 and 1/31. Of course, nothing is official yet, and it's very likely that both UNO and/or Denver could have NCHC games on all three of those weekends.
                            Per Colgate's tentative schedule from Saturday's banquet, the Colgate-Cornell games are set for January 30th and 31st. No sites were announced but I would imagine the Friday game would be at Starr and the Saturday contest at Lynah; that's just because we went with the reverse last year.

Also per the tentative schedule, Colgate travels to St. Cloud State to open the season on October 10th and 11th. The week prior, there will be an exhibition game against a TBA Canadian University. Colgate hosts Northeastern for two at Starr after the St. Cloud State trip and then follows that up with a ride to Sacred Heart. The early non-conference slate tentatively closes out at home with Mercyhurst on the final weekend of October (Oct. 31-Nov. 1). League play opens the following weekend. The Three Rivers Classic is tentatively set for Dec. 29 and 30th; Colgate would open against Western Michigan and then play either Penn State or Robert Morris the next day. This of course guarantees one of the home schools being in the title game. The game against Boston University right now is marked for the Saturday after Thanksgiving. On the program, this was listed as just one game to be played at Agganis Arena.

There may possibly be another game added to the schedule as I only counted 33 games plus the one exhibition. Or, it was simply a typo and Colgate is playing BU twice. We'll have to wait for the official release of the schedule to find out.

To steal a line from the RPI thread and Ralph Baer - As it stands right now, there are 179 days until Colgate's next game.

Comment

Typically we play a singleton NC game on the Saturday immediately prior to league play. Last year we did go to UNO that weekend, so it would seem logical for them to return the trip the same weekend.

That would be good, since not only would it avoid Tuesdays (those games were always terribly played by both teams) but it would return us to a home and home weekend, which IMHO is far better for the rivalry (particularly in a season when we might be the top two teams in the conference).
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• I like that we have BU on the schedule for next year. This was a down season for them so maybe we catch a break. Wish our OOC schedule was more challenging. Don't like to see us playing so many AHA teams. Our PWR was what it was this season due to the tough OOC schedule.
                                COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Working...
                                X