No announcement yet.

RPI Recruit Thread 2013-14 (Part III)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2013-14 (Part III)

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    I think that our recruits are playing musical leagues.
    True, but the news sounds good to me. Dillon moving to the USHL means its extremely likely he's in Troy in 2015. I'll never be a Kings' fan, but maybe I'll send them a thank you card. As for Moore "replacing" Dillon in Victoria, that sounds like another win. He'll get a chance to be in a better situation than he seemed to have last season but will still be competing in a high level league. Hopefully he has a strong season and comes to Troy ready to generate offense from the blue line. Even Tironese returning to the BCHL could be a big plus if comfortable surroundings help launch a great final junior season.

Late summer/early fall is when my (often naive) optimism returns. Our returnees will be better than expected. Our incoming recruits will have a few real nuggets - and our future enrollees are positioned for great seasons. Yup, things are looking up. Now, if people will just keep their cold reality from intruding on my warm weather-induced off-season dreams..............

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
      True, but the news sounds good to me. Dillon moving to the USHL means its extremely likely he's in Troy in 2015. I'll never be a Kings' fan, but maybe I'll send them a thank you card. As for Moore "replacing" Dillon in Victoria, that sounds like another win. He'll get a chance to be in a better situation than he seemed to have last season but will still be competing in a high level league. Hopefully he has a strong season and comes to Troy ready to generate offense from the blue line. Even Tironese returning to the BCHL could be a big plus if comfortable surroundings help launch a great final junior season.

Late summer/early fall is when my (often naive) optimism returns. Our returnees will be better than expected. Our incoming recruits will have a few real nuggets - and our future enrollees are positioned for great seasons. Yup, things are looking up. Now, if people will just keep their cold reality from intruding on my warm weather-induced off-season dreams..............
      I didn't mean to imply that the changes were or weren't for the better. I agree with you that the Kings should be thanked for apparently not advising Dillon to go to Edmonton. It seemed odd at first that Moore was going to the BCHL, but he apparently was in a bad situation in Fargo, and I like it better for him to be in the BCHL than in the NAHL.

If Manley is indeed in Waterloo, it is a step up for him. As far as Tironese is concerned, he's probably going to be happier back in AV. Rodriguez, of course, had to leave SSM since he graduated.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

A lengthy video focusing on Alec Dillon from one game vs. West Kelowna last year https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K67-A9mIQE. He certainly looks big. Nice save on a breakaway starting at 2:03. Nice sequence around 8:32. He did give up five goals in this multi-OT loss.

Edit: box score from this game http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/hockey_bo...gameID=1231491.
        Last edited by Ralph Baer; 07-17-2014, 06:40 PM.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Obviously, the Kings had a say in where Dillon — who still has a scholarship to Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, N.Y., for the 2015-16 season — would play and that’s in Kearney, Nebraska, with the Storm...... http://www.victoriagrizzlies.com/lea...506&page=81030
          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Article about Alec Dillon changing leagues http://www.timescolonist.com/sports/...ushl-1.1207761. As we expecting it was the Kings' suggestion to go to the USHL and apparently there is no hard feelings in Victoria. The article also mentions Meirs Moore.

Edit. Oops. Turk found it first (when it reprinted).
            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 07-21-2014, 02:41 PM.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Alex Rodriguez is going to Russia on a US team https://twitter.com/Isari_rodd19/sta...04339323482115. I wonder what this is since there is nothing on the USA Hockey page https://twitter.com/Isari_rodd19/sta...4339323482115/
              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 07-24-2014, 07:13 PM.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Alex Rodriguez is going to Russia on a US team https://twitter.com/Isari_rodd19/sta...04339323482115. I wonder what this is since there is nothing on the USA Hockey page https://twitter.com/Isari_rodd19/sta...4339323482115/
                It’s being called the Youth World Cup. SCs 30 man roster should be announced today but by AR’s Tweet, he must’ve made it....... The final composition of the participants became known World Cup youth club teams for hockey, which will be held in Paris from 22 to August 30, 2014 years. Representatives of the United States became the last member-team USHL "Sue city Masketirz (Sioux City Musketeers). Besides the "Musketeers", which finished third in the Western Conference of the USHL, the trip to the capital of Bashkiria claimed another four team for the Junior Championship United States.

We remind that for the Youth World Cup of club teams will compete from Russia, Austria, Belarus, Canada, Latvia, the United States, Finland, Czech Republic and Sweden.

Russia Championship youth club teams will present the Kharlamov Cup winners Moscow MHK Spartak and hosts of the tournament, the UFA "Tolpar".

For his performances in the MHL hockey fans familiar with three teams-the Austrian Red Bull Salzburg, Dinamo-Shinnik "from Belarus and HC Riga of Latvia.

The Czech Republic will be presented to the youth team of "pirates" from the city of Chomutov, from Finland at the tournament will play Club Espoo Blues ", from Sweden-a familiar to fans of youth hockey club" Red Hawks "from Malmö, which already became a member of the World Cup in 2012.

Finally, the national colours of Canada will defend the most popular team of the Junior League of Quebec, the five-time League champion and two-time winner of the Memorial Cup, the Quebec Remparts "Club for which played at different times, Russians Alexander Radulov and Timofei Shishkanov. Last season with the Remparts» played 20-year-old ex-player "Red Army" Mikhail Grigorenko.
                Last edited by turk181; 07-25-2014, 12:02 PM.
                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

...other Teams competing..... Sioux City Musketeers - United States
                  Spartak - Russia
                  Tolpar - Russia
                  Salzburg Red Bull - Austria
                  Dynamo-Saturn - Belarus
                  HC Riga - Latvia
                  Chomutov Pirates - Czech Republic
                  Espoo Blues - Finland
                  Malmo Red Hawks - Sweden
                  Quebec Remparts - Canada

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                    It’s being called the Youth World Cup. SCs 30 man roster should be announced today but by AR’s Tweet, he must’ve made it....... The final composition of the participants became known World Cup youth club teams for hockey, which will be held in Paris from 22 to August 30, 2014 years. Representatives of the United States became the last member-team USHL "Sue city Masketirz (Sioux City Musketeers). Besides the "Musketeers", which finished third in the Western Conference of the USHL, the trip to the capital of Bashkiria claimed another four team for the Junior Championship United States.

We remind that for the Youth World Cup of club teams will compete from Russia, Austria, Belarus, Canada, Latvia, the United States, Finland, Czech Republic and Sweden.

Russia Championship youth club teams will present the Kharlamov Cup winners Moscow MHK Spartak and hosts of the tournament, the UFA "Tolpar".

For his performances in the MHL hockey fans familiar with three teams-the Austrian Red Bull Salzburg, Dinamo-Shinnik "from Belarus and HC Riga of Latvia.

The Czech Republic will be presented to the youth team of "pirates" from the city of Chomutov, from Finland at the tournament will play Club Espoo Blues ", from Sweden-a familiar to fans of youth hockey club" Red Hawks "from Malmö, which already became a member of the World Cup in 2012.

Finally, the national colours of Canada will defend the most popular team of the Junior League of Quebec, the five-time League champion and two-time winner of the Memorial Cup, the Quebec Remparts "Club for which played at different times, Russians Alexander Radulov and Timofei Shishkanov. Last season with the Remparts» played 20-year-old ex-player "Red Army" Mikhail Grigorenko.
                    I figured that you would know.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

....thanks Scott. Really sucks that USHL Teams have tried to hide camp rosters. Gets a nice trip to Russia should he make Team.... http://web.ushl.com/news.php?action=detail&news_id=2552
                      From 6/15 Post #761

Comment

So actually AR made it because he is on SC's 30-man roster.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2014...layer-rankings
                          http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/coll...nkings-top-98s

No RPI recruits ranked, but Seth Appert and Nolan Graham were there for much of the two weeks. Some good western and upstate NY prospects.
                          https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                          Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                            http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2014...layer-rankings
                            http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/coll...nkings-top-98s

No RPI recruits ranked, but Seth Appert and Nolan Graham were there for much of the two weeks. Some good western and upstate NY prospects.
                            Considering that our youngest recruits are 97's and both of them are Canadian, it isn't surprising that none are ranked.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

So actually AR made it because he is on SC's 30-man roster.
                              Yes. I meant they were suppose to announce the players going to Russia some time today. I know I read that somewhere but I can’t find it now.

Comment

Yes. I meant they were suppose to announce the players going to Russia some time today. I know I read that somewhere but I can’t find it now.
                                The tweet from his sister made it sound as if he already knows that he is going.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X