RPI Recruit Thread 2013-14 (Part III)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    The excitement and positivity from me will return-I can promise that. It is just going to take a little time. 2014 has just been deifficult for us so far. Even though i have hnot been able to bring myself to post much since February, I have a very good feeling about this group of recruits and some very interesting observations from those who know far more than I could ever learn. We will most definitely have size and speed. My only concern is how all of this will get integrated. So much will depend on the meshing together of the talent we are getting and what we already have.
    We've got plenty of time to discuss all that ...the real question is when am I buying you and Jenny dinner at Verdile's ?
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      Don't Swedish players go into the corners with eggs and come out with them still unbroken?
      If I didn't know better, I'd say you've been Hanging out with Don Cherry ...If need be, we can arrange for you to say that in front of Dougie Murray ...)
      Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 06-15-2014, 09:06 PM.
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2013-14 (Part III)

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
        If I didn't know better, I'd say you've been Hanging out with Don Cherry ...If need be, we can arrange for you to say that in front of Dougie Murray ...)
        Thanks. I was trying to remember who said that.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Some comments about a notable presence (Bell) and a notable absence (Tironese) on the recruit list. None of this is based upon any inside information --- it is just speculation.

It is always seemed likely that we would have three defensemen arriving this fall despite losing only two (unless someone eaves in the remainder of the off-season). This is because we had five recruits on defense who were arriving in 2014/5 and are losing a total of four those two seasons. Until he showed up in Janesville's camp, it seemed that Moore would be a likely candidate. I suspect that Bell is coming in large part to forestall his going to major junior as he is property of his hometown junior team. From everything which I read about Bell from the 2012/3 season and the part of 2013/4 prior to his injury, he was the top defenseman in the NOJL. I suspect that had he not been injured, he would have had a similar list of awards to those Prapavessis received (well probably not a most-gentlemanly player award ). He would have benefited from a year in a higher caliber league, but I suspect that we will see a lot of him as the year progresses. I am more and more certain that dressing 11 forwards and 7 defenseman will be the norm in the upcoming

I have searched the internet for anything about why Evan Tironese didn't show up on our list of recruits. Sadly although ET has a twitter page, he has never tweeted. I found nothing about him and as of now I expect him to be in Green Bay this season. GB's camp is ongoing http://www.gamblershockey.com/main-camp http://www.facebook.com/notes/green-...y/403484332750. As turk wrote recently, USHL teams seem quite secretive with rosters. Although ET seemed to perform better early in the year than later, I was surprised that he never appeared in RPI's directory. As I have written perhaps he had admissions problems. If indeed the reason he isn't coming is a problem was admissions, hopefully it can be ironed out. E.g. retaking the SATs if his score was too low.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Speculations about the class arriving in 2015.

We are losing two on defense (Curadi and Leonard), one goalie (Diebold), and three forwards (Laliberte, Neal, and McGowan). I am assuming that Schroeder uses his red-shirt season and that no one leaves early, although another season like he had in 2012/3 and we could probably say goodbye to Kasdorf.

I expect to see Manley and Moore on defense a year from now. Although they are not at all similar to Curadi and Leonard, they would take their places. I also expect to see Dillon replacing Diebold assuming that he doesn't go the major junior route. At forward, we have Fornaris, Rodriguez and Burgess although the last could be a 2016 recruit. This means that we have a preliminary recruit class for 2015, but as we saw this year, events could, and probably will, alter this. I am sure that SA and staff are still out there looking for 2015 recruits and if someone is found there will be modifications. Also if either Hayhurst or Cho has a season like Prapavessis had in 2013/4, they could cause a change.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Meirs Moore was in Fargo’s Camp and made the All-Star Team (14 D-men were named for the 2 squads).
              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                Mock Draft sites are starting to appear. This site had Kazzy pretty close to where he went his draft year. They have Alec Dillon going in the 5th Rd. to Philly. IIRC, last year they had Reno going in the 5th also to Philly. Prapavessis is not listed but is listed under, "Projected Undrafted Players" (Clik on that to see list)..... http://www.draftsite.com/nhl/mock-draft/2014/
                It appears Praps’ value has gone up since the RBC Cup, he’s now projected to go in the 6th rd. to NJ. Alec Dillon has also moved up (but still in the 5th rd.) but now has Buffalo picking him.....http://www.draftsite.com/nhl/mock-draft/2014/round1/
                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Meirs Moore was in Fargo’s Camp and made the All-Star Team (14 D-men were named for the 2 squads).
                  I wonder if he will go to Janesville in that case.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It appears Praps’ value has gone up since the RBC Cup, he’s now projected to go in the 6th rd. to NJ. Alec Dillon has also moved up (but still in the 5th rd.) but now has Buffalo picking him.....http://www.draftsite.com/nhl/mock-draft/2014/round1/
                    Having watched the RBC, it isn't surprising at all that MP's value went up. I think that you would agree with that.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      Having watched the RBC, it isn't surprising at all that MP's value went up. I think that you would agree with that.
                      I would. I also think Praps will go higher than Dillon.

Comment

I would. I also think Praps will go higher than Dillon.
                        That seems likely to me also, but all it takes is one team to be interested, and Chicago did invite Dillon to a camp.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

A new interview (6/14) with Alec Dillon on the Pipeline Show http://www.thepipelineshow.com/clips...llon_Jun14.mp3 after the Hockey Canada camp. The link downloads an MP3.

Edit: It was revealed that he used to be a forward (also in lacrosse). Also, he has gained a few pounds. He is still waiting until after draft to decide his future. Next year either Tri-City, Edmonton (WHL), or back to Victoria. That's nothing new, as he said. RPI was mentioned only as his current 2015 destination.
                          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 06-18-2014, 02:09 PM.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Tri-City’s Main Camp opens today.....haven’t heard if he’s there or not. He may want to wind down after the last 2 weeks of traveling to different showings though..... http://www.stormhockey.com/NewsRundo...NLASVEGAS.aspx

Comment

Tri-City’s Main Camp opens today.....haven’t heard if he’s there or not. He may want to wind down after the last 2 weeks of traveling to different showings though..... http://www.stormhockey.com/NewsRundo...NLASVEGAS.aspx
                              OTOH, he should be in shape now.

Edit: Green Bay's is ongoing (Tironese). http://www.gamblershockey.com/main-camp
                              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 06-18-2014, 02:20 PM.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                OTOH, he should be in shape now.

Edit: Green Bay's is ongoing (Tironese). http://www.gamblershockey.com/main-camp
                                Tironese is not in Green Bay's camp.

Comment

Working...
                                X