No announcement yet.

RPI Recruit Thread 2013-14 (Part III)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2013-14 (Part III)

From the Hockey News

Alex Rodriguez, RW, R.P.I.

Hard-working and talented, Rodriguez is tied for fourth in scoring on a very good Shattuck St-Mary’s prep team with 22 goals and 61 points in 47 games. Originally from Miami, Fla., he’ll be heading to R.P.I. in 2015-16 and as a late 1995 birthday, is eligible for the NHL draft this summer, where he may be a late-round pick. Next year, he will play Jr. A in the B.C. League for Surrey.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post
      From the Hockey News

Alex Rodriguez, RW, R.P.I.

Hard-working and talented, Rodriguez is tied for fourth in scoring on a very good Shattuck St-Mary’s prep team with 22 goals and 61 points in 47 games. Originally from Miami, Fla., he’ll be heading to R.P.I. in 2015-16 and as a late 1995 birthday, is eligible for the NHL draft this summer, where he may be a late-round pick. Next year, he will play Jr. A in the B.C. League for Surrey.
      link for your quote http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/pr...a-commitments/.

He committed to Surrey before committing to RPI. I still have the gut feeling that his RPI commitment supersedes his Surrey commitment and we will see him this fall. Remember that he committed the same day as Haggerty left. A scholarship for the fall opened up and he was given it. I suspect that he and our staff had negotiated this during the season.
      Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-03-2014, 08:32 AM.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Since the U18 tourney boxes are updated at random times after the games end, I will post all of our recruits' games Friday AM. (unless insomnia kicks in )

SSM's game http://nationals.usahockey.com/game/...bseason=135440.
        Victoria's game vs. Coquitlam http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/hockey_bo...3009&link=bchl. This is a win or be eliminated game for Victoria. Their record is 0-2; Vernon is 2-0; and Coquitlam is 1-1. If they lose they can at most have one win and both of the others will already have two. I would be very surprised if Dillon doesn't start.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          link for your quote http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/pr...a-commitments/.

He committed to Surrey before committing to RPI. I still have the gut feeling that his RPI commitment supersedes his Surrey commitment and we will see him this fall. Remember that he committed the same day as Haggerty left. A scholarship for the fall opened up and he was given it. I suspect that he and our staff had negotiated this during the season.
          Have the same feeling RB.
          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
            Have the same feeling RB.
            If we agree on that, we are probably wrong.

The sequence of events that day was probably long known and orchestrated. I have little doubt that Haggerty's leaving was just about 100% expected, and SA had time to assemble a contingency plan. Rodriguez probably wanted to start college in the fall without another year somewhere to develop (can't blame him). He was thus interested in RPI. Had the scholarship not opened up, it's doubtful that we would have gotten him.

Zalewski's leaving was probably not that expected, although I hope that the staff considered it as possible.
            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-03-2014, 12:12 PM.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I'll have my "eyes" in the stands at today's game as Selects Academy plays the next game after SSM. Nicky played with A.R. at the National Camp in Rochester 2 years ago. Pretty much every scouting report we've read is what he remembers of him.
              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

I'll have my "eyes" in the stands at today's game as Selects Academy plays the next game after SSM. Nicky played with A.R. at the National Camp in Rochester 2 years ago. Pretty much every scouting report we've read is what he remembers of him.
                In a lot of ways it seems to me that AR has the largest upside of any of our known recruits at forward.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  If we agree on that, we are probably wrong.

The sequence of events that day was probably long known and orchestrated. I have little doubt that Haggerty's leaving was just about 100% expected, and SA had time to assemble a contingency plan. Rodriguez probably wanted to start college in the fall without another year somewhere to develop (can't blame him). He was thus interested in RPI. Had the scholarship not opened up, it's doubtful that we would have gotten him.

Zalewski's leaving was probably not that expected, although I hope that the staff considered it as possible.
                  I tend to agree. I think A-Rod was probably signed as soon as the staff knew that Zalewski was leaving. He likely could use more seasoning in th USHL, but RPI needs some offense next year and they will just have to throw him in the deep end of the pool and hope that he swims.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
                    I tend to agree. I think A-Rod was probably signed as soon as the staff knew that Zalewski was leaving. He likely could use more seasoning in th USHL, but RPI needs some offense next year and they will just have to throw him in the deep end of the pool and hope that he swims.
                    He committed before Zalewski left although it certainly could have been known at that time. I am still going with Haggerty , not that it makes much difference.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

SSM lost in an upset 4-3 to the Jr. Flyers, no boxscore yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer
                        On Thursday, Shattuck-St Mary's lost to the Junior Flyers in the Tier 1 18U Tourney 3-0. Their record in group play is 1-1. (One more game) Alex Rodriguez had no points or penalties. http://nationals.usahockey.com/game/show/7259438

Rodriguez's line is now 49-22-40-62-24.
                        Just saw that, although it's strange the box has it listed as an OT game. I went off the scores on the bottom of page which reads....... 4 2:00p CCC- Rink 2 Shattuck St Mary's 3 Jr. Flyers 4 Completed ......http://nationals.usahockey.com/page/...outh-18u-2014-

Comment

On Thursday, Shattuck-St Mary's lost to the Junior Flyers in the Tier 1 18U Tourney 4-3 in overtime. Their record in group play is 1-1. Alex Rodriguez had an assist. http://nationals.usahockey.com/game/show/7259438

Rodriguez's line is now 49-22-41-63-24.

Edit make that a shootout. SSM still leads their pool and will advance to the weekend playdowns if they win tomorrow in regulation or in some other scenarios.

Edit: Actually both the #1 and #2 finisher in each pool makes the playdowns.
                          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-04-2014, 11:41 AM.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Just saw that, although it's strange the box has it listed as an OT game. I went off the scores on the bottom of page which reads....... 4 2:00p CCC- Rink 2 Shattuck St Mary's 3 Jr. Flyers 4 Completed ......http://nationals.usahockey.com/page/...outh-18u-2014-
                            I deleted the post. They hadn't completed entering stats at the time.

Edit: It looks like the Flyer's goalie stood on his head, facing 61 shots in 51 minutes.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Now it shows a 4-3 OT loss but with A.R. with 1a. Actually, it looks like it went to a shootout. Kid for Philly stood on his head stopping 58 of 61 SOG....http://nationals.usahockey.com/game/show/7259438
                              Last edited by turk181; 04-03-2014, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Now it shows a 4-3 OT loss but with A.R. with 1a. Actually, it looks like it went to a shootout. Kid for Philly stood on his head stopping 58 of 61 SOG....http://nationals.usahockey.com/game/show/7259438
                                It appears that they went to a shootout without any overtime first. They are on a very tight schedule with three boys' and two girls' tourneys all apparently going on.
                                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-04-2014, 01:06 PM.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X