No announcement yet.

RPI Recruit Thread 2013-14 (Part III)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2013-14 (Part III)

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    Even if he shows up-how long will he stay? There is just so much to worry about. Just relax and enjoy the ride-let's just see how it all works out. It certainly appears like we landed a good boy that others think very highly about. Hopefully we have other talent to surround him with.
    Relax? Me? No one knows how long anyone will stay these days. At least with the grade inflation which has been occurring over the years, we have little concern about players flunking out as you and I both know was the problem about 50 years ago.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      Relax? Me? No one knows how long anyone will stay these days. At least with the grade inflation which has been occurring over the years, we have little concern about players flunking out as you and I both know was the problem about 50 years ago.
      We have both been around long enough to see the drastic changes. Who can blame most of these boys-if you don't leave when the money is offered, and you stay that extra year, and you tear up a knee or sustain a grade III concussion-you may never have the chance again to play in the big time or earn the money. I just get a little perturbed by those who come in and take the scholarship money offered-play only 1-2 years and leave. Any junior who leaves has probably earned that right-and has given back to the school a good amount of effort for the money invested in him. And he is likely to return to finish if things just do not work out as planned. But coming for one or two years and then leaving? Just leaves a bad taste in my mouth and feels very much like the basketball and football programs we hear and see so much about. I like to think that hockey is diferent, that the boys are different, and are more likely student/athletes than just athletes. But that is just my own 2¢.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        We have both been around long enough to see the drastic changes. Who can blame most of these boys-if you don't leave when the money is offered, and you stay that extra year, and you tear up a knee or sustain a grade III concussion-you may never have the chance again to play in the big time or earn the money. I just get a little perturbed by those who come in and take the scholarship money offered-play only 1-2 years and leave. Any junior who leaves has probably earned that right-and has given back to the school a good amount of effort for the money invested in him. And he is likely to return to finish if things just do not work out as planned. But coming for one or two years and then leaving? Just leaves a bad taste in my mouth and feels very much like the basketball and football programs we hear and see so much about. I like to think that hockey is diferent, that the boys are different, and are more likely student/athletes than just athletes. But that is just my own 2¢.
        I would have to agree with you in having no problem with those who leave after 3 years but having problems with those who leave after fewer years. Not naming names because this is the recruit thread , but I wonder if players who leave in early March are able to finish the year in progress.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good start to the night for a couple of recruits. Tironese scores 1:27 into the game but not to be outdone, Melanson scores 28 seconds into his game. Fornaris is also on the board with 1a.
          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
            Good start to the night for a couple of recruits. Tironese scores 1:27 into the game but not to be outdone, Melanson scores 28 seconds into his game. Fornaris is also on the board with 1a.
            I have all of those and 4 SOGs for ET.

Edit: Melanson lost his goal. It is now an assist. Not only that but the first to periods of Cedar Rapids game including CF's assist have disappeared.
            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 03-28-2014, 08:07 PM.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

One good thing to add is that our recruits aren't healthy scratches anymore with the exception of whatever happened with Manley when a newspaper said he was in the USHL a couple of weeks ago.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

On Friday, the Cedar Rapids Roughriders defeated the Youngstown Phantoms 4-3. Carlos Fornaris had an assist. http://ushl2011.stats.pointstreak.co...gameid=2234514

Fornaris' line is now 39-6-7-13-55.

The first two periods look like they have disappeared I assume that will be fixed.

Edit: CF has his assist back.
                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 03-28-2014, 08:31 PM.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

As I am watching them fixing Cedar Rapid's' box score, it should be noted that Charlie Manley scored his first goal of the season in the next-to-last game of Austin's season. Almost like Brock Higgs a year ago.

Also ET was ejected.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

As I am watching them fixing Cedar Rapid's' box score, it should be noted that Charlie Manley scored his first goal of the season in the next-to-last game of Austin's season. Almost like Brock Higgs a year ago.

Also ET was ejected.
                    ET....ET? Spearing was the ejection. I smell suspension.
                    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Also ET was ejected.
                      Playing the Engineer way already, eh?

Comment

ET....ET? Spearing was the ejection. I smell suspension.
                        Me too, but it was only a double minor which is unusual for spearing.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I'm hoping herbst will come on the thread with a possible explanation of the goal that Carlos assisted on. Both the boxscore & the Game Live stats have the goal scored at 0:00 (box) and 20:00 (GLS)....both indicate the start of the 2nd period....http://www.pointstreak.com/flashapp/...ointstreak.com

Comment

I'm hoping herbst will come on the thread with a possible explanation of the goal that Carlos assisted on. Both the boxscore & the Game Live stats have the goal scored at 0:00 (box) and 20:00 (GLS)....both indicate the start of the 2nd period....http://www.pointstreak.com/flashapp/...ointstreak.com
                            That wasn't the time when the goal was scored before the first two periods were wiped from the boxscore. They made a mistake when they reentered it. It isn't really important in the grand scheme of things but I assume they will eventually fix it.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

On Friday, the Fargo Force lost to the Tri-City Storm 4-1. Meirs Moore had no points or penalties. http://ushl2011.stats.pointstreak.co...gameid=2234509

Moore's Fargo line is now 37-3-6-9-32.
                              His total is 48-3-6-9-36.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

On Friday, the Sioux Falls Stampede lost to the Sioux City Musketeers 2-1. Louis Nanne had no points or penalties. http://ushl2011.stats.pointstreak.co...gameid=2234512

Nanne's line is now 34-4-4-8-10.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X