Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Recruit Thread 2013-14 (Part III)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2013-14 (Part III)

    Sean Lafortune @SeanLafortune · 3h
    Everyone loves the 1st round, for good reason, but keep an eye on the following 'value' picks that will hear their names called Saturday...
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

    Comment


    • Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2013-14 (Part III)

      Originally posted by turk181 View Post
      Sean Lafortune @SeanLafortune · 3h
      Everyone loves the 1st round, for good reason, but keep an eye on the following 'value' picks that will hear their names called Saturday...
      Sean Lafortune @SeanLafortune · 3h
      Michael Prapavessis - Significant growth over the past 24 months. Good feet, smart, controlled and cerebral. Tools are impressive.
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

      Comment


      • Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2013-14 (Part III)

        Originally posted by turk181 View Post
        Sean Lafortune @SeanLafortune · 3h
        Michael Prapavessis - Significant growth over the past 24 months. Good feet, smart, controlled and cerebral. Tools are impressive.
        I think that he and Dillon will both be drafted.
        sigpic

        Let's Go 'Tute!

        Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

        2012 Poser Of The Year

        Comment


        • Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2013-14 (Part III)

          Michael Prapavessis was picked by Dallas #105 in the 4th round.
          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 06-28-2014, 12:37 PM.
          sigpic

          Let's Go 'Tute!

          Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

          2012 Poser Of The Year

          Comment


          • Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2013-14 (Part III)

            Alec Dillon was taken 150th (last pick 5th round) by LA.
            sigpic

            Let's Go 'Tute!

            Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

            2012 Poser Of The Year

            Comment


            • Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2013-14 (Part III)

              RPI Athletics has tweeted announcements about both recruits https://twitter.com/RPIAthletics. I guess that this is an official announcement that we have recruited Dillon who of course hasn't been mentioned officially.
              https://twitter.com/RPIAthletics
              sigpic

              Let's Go 'Tute!

              Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

              2012 Poser Of The Year

              Comment


              • Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2013-14 (Part III)

                Hockey's Future thread in King's forum on Dillon http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1698493.

                6'5 168lbs?
                Gonna have to tie him up when the Santa Ana's blow.
                sigpic

                Let's Go 'Tute!

                Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                2012 Poser Of The Year

                Comment


                • Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2013-14 (Part III)

                  A Dallas board's thread on MP including some comments. http://www.defendingbigd.com/2014/6/...s-in-4th-round
                  sigpic

                  Let's Go 'Tute!

                  Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                  2012 Poser Of The Year

                  Comment


                  • Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2013-14 (Part III)

                    What's nice about Dillon being drafted by the Kings is that they shouldn't be in need of his services for quite some time...
                    Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

                    Comment


                    • Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2013-14 (Part III)

                      Originally posted by hawthr View Post
                      What's nice about Dillon being drafted by the Kings is that they shouldn't be in need of his services for quite some time...
                      ....it also looks like LA will decided where he next plays... On being committed to RPI:
                      He’s committed to a college, but Edmonton in the Western League had traded for his rights at the trade deadline this year. From what we understand what he’s stated is that he will go where we want him to go, so we’ll have to decide. That’ll be up to the development guys to decide where the best [place is] for him to go.... http://lakingsinsider.com/2014/06/28...g-alec-dillon/
                      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

                      Comment


                      • Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2013-14 (Part III)

                        Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                        ....it also looks like LA will decided where he next plays... On being committed to RPI:
                        He’s committed to a college, but Edmonton in the Western League had traded for his rights at the trade deadline this year. From what we understand what he’s stated is that he will go where we want him to go, so we’ll have to decide. That’ll be up to the development guys to decide where the best [place is] for him to go.... http://lakingsinsider.com/2014/06/28...g-alec-dillon/
                        That doesn't sound good. Unless a player has a strong desire to play NCAA and get a college degree I think most NHL teams are going to want to see him go CHL. If you are trying to develop and evaluate a goalie would you want him to play on a team that plays 30-odd games in a winter (and as a freshman goalie maybe see action in single digits), or on a team that plays 72 regular season games (and in the case of Edmonton, almost as many playoff games as an entire NCAA season).

                        Comment


                        • Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2013-14 (Part III)

                          Originally posted by hab View Post
                          That doesn't sound good. Unless a player has a strong desire to play NCAA and get a college degree I think most NHL teams are going to want to see him go CHL. If you are trying to develop and evaluate a goalie would you want him to play on a team that plays 30-odd games in a winter (and as a freshman goalie maybe see action in single digits), or on a team that plays 72 regular season games (and in the case of Edmonton, almost as many playoff games as an entire NCAA season).
                          .....remember though, LA’s current goalie plied his trade @ UMASS.
                          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by hab View Post
                            That doesn't sound good. Unless a player has a strong desire to play NCAA and get a college degree I think most NHL teams are going to want to see him go CHL. If you are trying to develop and evaluate a goalie would you want him to play on a team that plays 30-odd games in a winter (and as a freshman goalie maybe see action in single digits), or on a team that plays 72 regular season games (and in the case of Edmonton, almost as many playoff games as an entire NCAA season).
                            That certainly might be true, but ignores the fact that their current stud starting keeper played D1 and LAs AHL coach is a former D1 coach. So at the very least, they understand what the pros and cons are. Further, if Kaz plays like Kaz this season, he ain't gonna be here in 2015 (my opinion) so Dillon could conceivably take the reigns right away.
                            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

                            Comment


                            • Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2013-14 (Part III)

                              Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                              That certainly might be true, but ignores the fact that their current stud starting keeper played D1 and LAs AHL coach is a former D1 coach. So at the very least, they understand what the pros and cons are. Further, if Kaz plays like Kaz this season, he ain't gonna be here in 2015 (my opinion) so Dillon could conceivably take the reigns right away.
                              I agree with that, but it is still something to continue to worry about.
                              sigpic

                              Let's Go 'Tute!

                              Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                              2012 Poser Of The Year

                              Comment


                              • Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2013-14 (Part III)

                                See posts 802 and 803 for last year's info. The teams listed below will continue to be updated.

                                Code:
                                 # Name                Ps commitm. Team (League)                   Year  DOB      Ht    Wt  Hometown           
                                27 Todd Burgess        RW 04/14/14 Fairbanks Ice Dogs (NAHL)       15/16 04/03/96 6'02" 195 Phoenix, AZ
                                19 Austin Cho          LD 02/24/14 St. Andrews College (CISAA|MPHL)2016  05/19/97 6'00" 175 Mississauga, ON
                                16 Carlos Fornaris      C 02/13/13 Cedar Rapids Roughriders (USHL) 2015  02/17/95 5'08" 157 Miami, FL
                                12 Jacob Hayhurst       C 02/13/14 Toronto Lakeshore Patriots(OJHL)2016  01/20/97 5'08" 160 Mississauga, ON
                                22 Charlie Manley *    LD 12/19/11 Austin Bruins (NAHL)            2015  07/16/96 5'09" 175 Orchard Park, NY
                                 8 Meirs Moore *       LD 05/20/13 Fargo Force (USHL)              2015  12/04/94 5'08" 187 Duluth, MN
                                23 Alex Rodriguez      RW 03/12/14                                 2015  12/15/95 5'11" 175 Miami, FL
                                15 Evan Tironese       LW 05/01/12 Alberni Valley Bulldogs (BCHL)  2015  08/02/95 5'08" 160 Qualicum Beach, BC
                                31 Alec Dillon          G 09/22/13 Victoria Grizzlies (BCHL)       2015  05/05/96 6'05" 170 Victoria, BC
                                
                                
                                Women
                                76 Jaimie Grigsby       F 04/15/14 Whitby Wolves (PWHL)            2015  04/18/97 5'09" 140 Whitby, ON
                                 6 Josefine Hansen    D/F 12/19/13 Shattuck-St Mary's Prep         2015  01/24/97 5'02" 119 Princeton Junction, NJ
                                44 Ana Orzechowski      D 01/10/14 Little Caesars U19 (HPHL)       2015  12/24/96 5'06' xxx Tonawanda, NY
                                18 Makenna Thomas       F 04/15/14 Chicago Young Americans         2015  07/12/97 5'06" 145 Hartland, WI
                                37 Lovisa Selander      G 04/15/14 SDE Hockey                      2015  03/14/96 5'10" 126 Sollentuna?, Sweden
                                
                                * In the RPI directory
                                # Known to have signed Letter of Intent
                                The years the men's recruits are listed as committed for are not necessarily accurate.
                                The dates on which some of the women are listed as committing on may be considerably after the actual dates.
                                sigpic

                                Let's Go 'Tute!

                                Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                                2012 Poser Of The Year

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X