Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2014 Post-Season Thread: "Maybe Dick" Hunts the Great White Whale

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
    You just seem pretty in tune with the football program - it was a compliment!
    Thanks!

I've got nothing other than rule committee bias against defense as an excuse. I didn't see the game, was up north "enjoying" the < 50 degree temperatures.

Somewhat related, in limited NFL viewing so far this year, I have been impressed with D back play, especially after the pee-season flag fest.
    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2014 Post-Season Thread: "Maybe Dick" Hunts the Great White Whale

Total blast watching Tirone in net today as well other UNH recruits Charlie Kelleher /Chris Miller as they best the NJ Hiitmen! With a shutout yesterday Danny T looks like the real deal! Oh drop the puck already
      Last edited by HockeyRef; 09-21-2014, 05:10 PM.
      I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
        Total blast watching Tirone in net today as well other UNH recruits Charlie Kelleher / Miller as they best the NJ Hiitmen! With a shutout yesterday Danny T looks like the real deal! Oh drop the puck already
        Good to hear about Tirone. I am still more concerned about the lost D experience and overall goal scoring to graduation than I am about the goalie position.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
          Good to hear about Tirone. I am still more concerned about the lost D experience and overall goal scoring to graduation than I am about the goalie position.
          Well you are absolutely right lots of big holes to fill to be sure. Looks like we will measure "success" for this team in other ways rather than what's in the "W" column. Guess we'll see soon enough!

Comment

"UNH Freshman Dylan Chanter Brings Physicality to the Blue Line"
            Includes video highlights.
            The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
              Good stuff!

In other UNH Hockey related news:

Pete Webster Named Joe Concannon Media Award Recipient
              Voice of UNH Wildcats Named 23rd Winner of Prestigious Award:
              http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/...09/sep22ma.php

Providence College Top Pick in Preseason Coaches' Poll:
              http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/...9/sep22hea.php

UNH #5
              I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Congrats to Pete!!! And I am glad to see we look "better" than expected . Would love to hear Coach U's interview from HE Media Day...that must be out there somewhere?

Comment

Back Stateside for a couple weeks and happened to be in NashVegas today. WMUR had a quick recap of media day on the news tonight - pretty cool. Fair amount of discussion of the goalie situation. Wow, Clark looks huge!!!

Players definitely well-coached regarding the DeSmith situation - references to "staying focused on the guys in the locker room", or some such vanilla fare.

Would be nice if the program tried to spice up the press day environment just a tad - looked like they were in a long-forgotten classroom at Oyster River HS
                  Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

From "Along the Boards" (mostly correct except the reporting of Dylan Maller being out due to an injury) Where did they get the "19th" spot from, was a poll already released? (we finished 20 last season, right?)

http://alongtheboards.com/2014/09/nc...hire-wildcats/
                    Last edited by HockeyRef; 09-25-2014, 05:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                      From "Along the Boards" (mostly correct except the reporting of Dylan Maller being out due to an injury) Where did they get the "19th" spot from, was a poll already released? (we finished 20 last season, right?)

http://alongtheboards.com/2014/09/nc...hire-wildcats/
                      Depends on the poll, no doubt, but this site's still shows 18.
                      Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

And now that I've read the link, I realize they were referencing their own ranking.
                        Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

• Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                          Back Stateside for a couple weeks and happened to be in NashVegas today. WMUR had a quick recap of media day on the news tonight - pretty cool. Fair amount of discussion of the goalie situation. Wow, Clark looks huge!!!

Players definitely well-coached regarding the DeSmith situation - references to "staying focused on the guys in the locker room", or some such vanilla fare.

Would be nice if the program tried to spice up the press day environment just a tad - looked like they were in a long-forgotten classroom at Oyster River HS
                          Yeah that room where they hold pressers isn't overly impressive but the walkway /hallway leading to the ice has awesome plaques honoring past All-Americans etc...one thing I wondered with the past two live interviews I've seen is where is Willows? Pesce and Thrush have done a great job just figured Matt being the captain would have been in the mix! Same could be said for Downing I suppose! Oh well I'm sure we will hear plenty from them once the season gets rolling! Speaking of the season our seasons tix came in today drop the puck!

Comment

How about someone post a few verses of Huddie "Lead Belly" Leadbetter's 1933 "Good Night, Irene"?

Comment

Of course some have noted that Leadbelly rarely played his songs the same twice .... thus perhaps his genius.

Nat King Cole's version of "Good Night Irene" .... hard to beat.

I think we need to get the hockey season underway.

Comment

Working...
                              X