Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2014 Post-Season Thread: "Maybe Dick" Hunts the Great White Whale

Safe to assume the boys will be wearing their away jerseys?

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2014 Post-Season Thread: "Maybe Dick" Hunts the Great White Whale

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
      Safe to assume the boys will be wearing their away jerseys?
      PC is higher seed and has last change.
      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
        Does anyone know if UNH is doing anything to get students to the game? Back in my day UNH gave the students a couple of sections at the Garden. I know due to recent history with the NCAA's the administration has done nothing (or very little) to support a student presence at the game. It is pathetic that UNH has had no substantial student representation when they have hosted the regionals at Manchester. In recent years, both BU and Lowell have taken better care of their students for games there. Lets hope there is a student section to make some noise!
        No bus. It is my understanding that an email did go out to students advertising $10 student tickets and the Downeaster (which goes from the Whitt to North Station), however I heard this email went out on Tuesday, which was the last day student tickets were available at the Whitt box office. Not sure what time the email went out, but they had until 6pm that night to get over to the Whitt to buy them, from Wednesday on they have to be purchased at the Garden box office.
        I agree that the lack of importance placed on student attendance is frustrating, other school's efforts continuously put us to shame.
        Last edited by ClOuD 9; 03-21-2014, 03:46 AM.
        "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
        Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
        NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
        EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
        AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
        1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

p.s. Good luck to the UNH club hockey team, who will play in the national tournament against Northern Arizona in Marlborough this morning. achanationalsboston.com
          "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
          Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
          NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
          EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
          AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
          1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
            After playing around with the pwr predictor for a bit, I found a way to get UNH a three seed against second seed Ferris State, likely at the Bridgeport regional. Only requirement is the following five auto-seeds that would not make it with at-large bids: UNH, Bowling Green, Denver, Penn State, and Robert Morris (either Quinnipiac or Union would make it anyway).
            Penn State upset Michigan, so we are part way to our NCAA 3 seed.

Comment

Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
              p.s. Good luck to the UNH club hockey team, who will play in the national tournament against Northern Arizona in Marlborough this morning. achanationalsboston.com
              That is really cool; I know the head coach via someone I umpire college field hockey; Stephen McIsaac will make a great assistant / associate head coach one day...and eventually...a head coach! He and his staff work hard to keep that club team going and getting them recognition.. Good luck to them as well!

Bring it Club Cats!!
              I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

GAME DAY Folks!!! Here we gooooo 'Cats!!!!!!

Bring it 'Cats!!
                I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Scoreboard, UNHHKYRKS, thanks for your input regarding the Sports Deck area. Snively65's right. Let's keep the smartphones on for updates on meeting. Who said this was going to be easy

UNHHKYRKS, we are counting on you to get us into the club. JK, but it would be fun

GO UNH!
                  Last edited by e.cat; 03-21-2014, 05:57 AM.
                  UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                    Thanks so much for this info Chuck!! He is used to the subway system to an extent and this will be very helpful...Will we see you tomorrow night?? Hope so!!
                    Hoping to get there tonight ... will all depend on how things go today with the day job.
                    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                      Hoping to get there tonight ... will all depend on how things go today with the day job.
                      Enjoy your get together tonite. Excellent article written by Al Pike in todays Fosters about Brett Pesce and how he has really stepped it up! Let's hope that the whole team follows his lead this weekend.

Comment

UNH is tied at 16 in power with 42 pcw's going into tonight game against PC , but don't understand why they don't move an inch if they win tonight's game . They still remain at 42 , can someone explain ?

Comment

Because UNH was 1 - 1 vs. PC this year?
                          I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by unh1982 View Post
                            UNH is tied at 16 in power with 42 pcw's going into tonight game against PC , but don't understand why they don't move an inch if they win tonight's game . They still remain at 42 , can someone explain ?
                            Because the win would not flip any comparisons against other teams in UNH's favor . Basically, their out of conference record hurt them too much. Plus, they performed poorly against the teams ahead of them. Not enough games left to catch them.

Comment

1 win vs. MI would have been sweet then, correct?
                              I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
                                1 win vs. MI would have been sweet then, correct?
                                Or Union, BC, Lowell, UVM......

Comment

Working...
                                X