Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNH Wildcats 2014 Post-Season Thread: "Maybe Dick" Hunts the Great White Whale

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    Coach Madigan was just being a big baby, complaining about the refs, the fish, the poor ice quality, and sordid other nits he felt needed to be picked. It's funny - I've always liked Northeastern - worked summers there on the grounds crew many moons ago, my brother and cousins went there, and my uncle was dean of one of the satellite campuses (i.e. night school). And I was in the original Garden in 1980 when Wayne Turner beat BC in OT to capture NU's first Beanpot. Even knew a couple of kids on that team.

But Coach Madigan comes across as a total jack***** every time he opens his mouth. A Jack Parker wanna-be.

He makes Coach Umile sound like Scotty freakin' Bowman. And that takes some doing.
    Foster's article

You can’t throw items on the ice,” Madigan said. “I thought we got gypped out of a penalty opportunity because they throw a fish out (after UNH’s first goal, per tradition) and then hats come out. (With) the fish there was never a warning and with the hats there was a warning. (I) would have liked to have a power-play on that opportunity. That’s what the rule-book states."

UNH

Comment

Re: UNH Wildcats 2014 Post-Season Thread: "Maybe Dick" Hunts the Great White Whale

Originally posted by Scott View Post
      Foster's article

You can’t throw items on the ice,” Madigan said. “I thought we got gypped out of a penalty opportunity because they throw a fish out (after UNH’s first goal, per tradition) and then hats come out. (With) the fish there was never a warning and with the hats there was a warning. (I) would have liked to have a power-play on that opportunity. That’s what the rule-book states."

Here's what I have to say about his comments:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w1g-idt-8U

Bring it 'Cats!!
      I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Psst ... e.cat still thinks "Moby Dick" is the 20 minute drum solo at an old Zeppelin gig. Don't spoil it for him.
        Led Zepp Rules baby
        Last edited by e.cat; 03-18-2014, 07:56 PM.
        UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Madigan is a whining tool. Can't believe he went there in the post game interview!
          Last edited by e.cat; 03-18-2014, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

Bring it 'Cats!!
            Very good Ref

Comment

Bring it 'Cats!!
              LOL!!!

Madigan definitely learned from Jackie Pahkah, MACHW (Master of the Art of Collegiate Hockey Whining). Back in the old Snively Arena days, Pahkah was convinced that the lighting on one side of the arena was inferior to the other side, so he always convinced the refs to force the teams to switch sides halfway through the 3rd period...just to keep it fair, you know.
              UNH

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                ya right sure you did.....

btw, i only know ishmael from my kids. haven't had the peasure of reading it myself.

i wan't more of the intelligence report on what DICK is saying on USCHO.
                Ha! Well I've barely read the book myself Moby DICK that is..) and had to look up that first line truth be tol' just yankin' ya. Prob the interview is recorded; very short..kind of went on about how UNH got their offense going after the 1-5-1 (don't remind me ) start...etc etc...excited to be going to the Garden, what a great team PC is, ya know, the usual. And YES we are excited to be having a Garden Partay!

Bring it 'Cats!!
                Last edited by HockeyRef; 03-18-2014, 08:08 PM. Reason: Pathetic English. And you call yourself a teacher!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                  LOL!!!

Madigan definitely learned from Jackie Pahkah, MACHW (Master of the Art of Collegiate Hockey Whining). Back in the old Snively Arena days, Pahkah was convinced that the lighting on one side of the arena was inferior to the other side, so he always convinced the refs to force the teams to switch sides halfway through the 3rd period...just to keep it fair, you know.
                  Oh my Scott I am just LOLing about this and all of these comments...have so enjoyed it. Jackie Pahkah...MACHW... Love it!! Cloud 9 thanks for reviving this post about Sir Madigan the Whiner. I wondered what would come of it once the thread had been closed. Uh oh I think I have crossed my line!! T.O.O.C. (totally out of control) Think I will quit while I'm ahead...

Bring it 'Cats!!
                  Last edited by HockeyRef; 03-19-2014, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Coach Madigan was just being a big baby, complaining about the refs, the fish, the poor ice quality, and sordid other nits he felt needed to be picked. It's funny - I've always liked Northeastern - worked summers there on the grounds crew many moons ago, my brother and cousins went there, and my uncle was dean of one of the satellite campuses (i.e. night school). And I was in the original Garden in 1980 when Wayne Turner beat BC in OT to capture NU's first Beanpot. Even knew a couple of kids on that team.

But Coach Madigan comes across as a total jack***** every time he opens his mouth. A Jack Parker wanna-be.

He makes Coach Umile sound like Scotty freakin' Bowman. And that takes some doing.
                    Who throws **** on the ice after goals anyway?
                    Northeastern vs BU, 1998 - "the surge game" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIRVfHLKVQs
                    "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
                    Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
                    NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
                    EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
                    AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
                    1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
                      Who throws **** on the ice after goals anyway?
                      Northeastern vs BU, 1998 - "the surge game" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIRVfHLKVQs
                      Good find ClOuD 9! Who's the young coach for NU???

Bring it 'Cats!!

Comment

Ha! Well I've barely read the book myself Moby DICK that is..) and had to look up that first line truth be tol' just yankin' ya. And YES we are excited to be having a Garden Partay!

Bring it 'Cats!!
                        Yes we are

Comment

Good find ClOuD 9! Who's the young coach for NU???

Bring it 'Cats!!
                          I believe it's former UNH Wildcat Bruce Crowder.

Comment

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
                            I believe it's former UNH Wildcat Bruce Crowder.
                            That would be 100% correct. Hard to believe that's more than 15 years ago. Time flies, etc.
                            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Anyone know if Mikes Pastry is walking distance to North Station/ Garden?

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatfan_GoNH View Post
                                Anyone know if Mikes Pastry is walking distance to North Station/ Garden?
                                Google Maps says it's half a mile, supposedly 10 minutes walking.
                                "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
                                Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
                                NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
                                EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
                                AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
                                1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Working...
                                X