NMU Offseason Thread - 2014 Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NMU Offseason Thread - 2014 Edition

Anyone drop by the Berry last night to watch the scrimmage? I couldn't make it. Anyone stand out? Does the team look good? Or too early to tell?

On a second note, I think it's time to get a season thread going. Beat Wisconsin!

Comment

Originally posted by NMU Fan View Post
      Anyone drop by the Berry last night to watch the scrimmage? I couldn't make it. Anyone stand out? Does the team look good? Or too early to tell?

On a second note, I think it's time to get a season thread going. Beat Wisconsin!
      A scrimmage, or even an exhibition game isn't really a way to get a good read on the team. There are players in that won't play regularly, PP & PK units aren't necessarily playing against the equivalent of a regular season game either. It's really tough to get an accurate feeling until they've got 8-10 real games under their belt. Anything else is premature. The biggest thing that likely comes from the scrimmage is who will occupy the last couple seats on the bus to Green Bay. Coach Kyle will join me on the Vango's NMU Sports Roundtable Monday night at 7:30 on 100.3 The Point and online at RadioEagleSports.com.
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Ryan Daugherty isn't on the roster for his senior season. What happened?

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN View Post
          Ryan Daugherty isn't on the roster for his senior season. What happened?
          He's not enrolled at NMU.
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
            He's not enrolled at NMU.
            Was that his decision or was it mutual?

Anyway, looking forward to next weekend in Green Bay. Including the Friday post game party and the after post game party!

Hockey is finally here!!

Comment

Can't wait to get on that bus Thursday morning! I'll ask Walt about Ryan tomorrow night.

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                Can't wait to get on that bus Thursday morning! I'll ask Walt about Ryan tomorrow night.
                Thanks, Dave. I'll be listening tomorrow night.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                  Thanks for asking Walt tonight, Dave. Hopefully the rest of the team realizes academics are very important.

Time to start a 2014-2015 season thread. Aparch, RaceBoarder, get on it! I'm not creative enough for a clever title.

Comment

Working...
                  X