2014 Inaugural Big Ten Hockey Tournament 3/20 - 3/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2014 Inaugural Big Ten Hockey Tournament 3/20 - 3/22

Today is generally considered the "Thursday" of the week, due to the games tomorrow, and many of us tailgating pre-game and having no interest in spending time on the interwebs.

I just figured that MN will win the tourney in a cakewalk, so why bother breaking anything down?

/tArrogance
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      And to be honest, it's not about posting "domination." Nobody's after that.

It's give and take and just for fun. If I can get a few laughs out of it - even at my own or my team's expense, but better yet at Goldy's expense - it makes the games a little more fun.

If you don't see the point or don't see the fun in it, no worries. There are sticks in the mud amongst every fan base on here and they typically stay away so they can go over depth charts and pk schemes in their basements.

Hmm... domination may be my new goal. I've always wanted to win the internet and if it's at your expense, that's just sweet. But obviously I don't go for just a post count. It's all about quality. And any chance I can take shots at WI or MI fans is as quality as it get.

So does either MI or PSU really feed off the home atmosphere they have so much that this game will affect them? How will playing in the silence be for either of them since almost no one will likely be there. Look at all the posts from locals already saying there is no intention of hitting Thursday games at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        Today is generally considered the "Thursday" of the week, due to the games tomorrow, and many of us tailgating pre-game and having no interest in spending time on the interwebs.

I just figured that MN will win the tourney in a cakewalk, so why bother breaking anything down?

/tArrogance
        But only for the 4 teams playing. Since the Gophers don't play until Friday, does that mean this is still "Thursday" for us too? I'll likely be killing time here Friday morning at work since I'm stuck until noon when I can head down to the tailgate.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
          Hmm... domination may be my new goal. I've always wanted to win the internet and if it's at your expense, that's just sweet. But obviously I don't go for just a post count. It's all about quality. And any chance I can take shots at WI or MI fans is as quality as it get.

So does either MI or PSU really feed off the home atmosphere they have so much that this game will affect them? How will playing in the silence be for either of them since almost no one will likely be there. Look at all the posts from locals already saying there is no intention of hitting Thursday games at all.
          Tomorrow will be mostly dead. The MI-PSU game will have more attendance, if only because it's the better matchup considering the season's record between the two teams/notoriety.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

But only for the 4 teams playing. Since the Gophers don't play until Friday, does that mean this is still "Thursday" for us too? I'll likely be killing time here Friday morning at work since I'm stuck until noon when I can head down to the tailgate.
            I would suppose it's still Thursday, because MN will play one of the teams that's playing tomorrow. And again, that whole lack of posters due to tomorrow's games/events.

As for the tailgate, sounds like it's an 8am start time each of the days.

Comment

Tomorrow will be mostly dead. The MI-PSU game will have more attendance, if only because it's the better matchup considering the season's record between the two teams/notoriety.
              Ohio state and michigan state played to 3 ties and a 2 goal game. Should be a great game the 5th time around.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                Except for some of us, Wednesday is the same as the old Thursday- tomorrow at this time, we will be playing. So it's hockey talk.
                Is Red Gone, and Mel back after the next few weeks?
                XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                  Ohio state and michigan state played to 3 ties and a 2 goal game. Should be a great game the 5th time around.
                  But no one cares about those two schools. There's at least....I dunno, 5-6 people who care about MI and PSU.

Comment

But no one cares about those two schools. There's at least....I dunno, 5-6 people who care about MI and PSU.
                    Well I guess I will be by myself in the arena then LOL!

Comment

• Re: 2014 Inaugural Big Ten Hockey Tournament 3/20 - 3/22

I'll care about them (one of them anyway) on Friday night.

Comment

You and me both. Friday will be long a morning for me.
                        "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                          Let me guess, the Michigan fans aren't posting in here because we were too mean in the game thread from last weekend? wussies

They need to grow a pair. I hope Penn State beats them for the 3rd time.
                          I have no intention of "growing a pair", thanks.

I fear that Penn State will beat us for a 3rd time.

And I wouldn't say the goofs were 'mean' in the series thread last weekend. I just wonder what game they were watching Friday night, 'cause I saw a close game that required an overtime powerplay goal to win. Certainly not the domination some fans made it out to be. I will grant you that ya'll had a dominating season and have a great team.

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                          Can Michigan still make the tournament if they lose to Penn State tomorrow? Because I'd like to see Penn State win (and we can point and laugh at the PSU-Michigan season series), but I'd also like to see half of the Big Ten in the NCAA tournament.
                          From what I've seen, Michigan still has a ~20% chance of making the tournament with a loss to PSU. I'd much prefer they win a few this weekend to increase those odds.
                          Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                          wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                          7 B1G
                          7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                          6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                          5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                          5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                          2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                          2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                            You and me both. Friday will be long a morning for me.
                            So I guess you and I are running this place Friday morning. Does that mean we win the internet? At least for that time.

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post

And I wouldn't say the goofs were 'mean' in the series thread last weekend. I just wonder what game they were watching Friday night, 'cause I saw a close game that required an overtime powerplay goal to win. Certainly not the domination some fans made it out to be. I will grant you that ya'll had a dominating season and have a great team.
                            You may be correct in your assessment of Friday, but you are forgetting about one key thing that is impacting how we saw the game. tArrogance! With that factored in, we did in fact dominate the game.

Comment

So I guess you and I are running this place Friday morning. Does that mean we win the internet? At least for that time.
                              Sure looks that way. I wish I didn't have to work at all but I won't complain about a half day. Just got a bust butt down to that tailgate and do some catching up!
                              "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

This tourney should grow on me. I hope we see WCHA like rivalries and fans like the good old days.
                                Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                                dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                                wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Working...
                                X