2014 Inaugural Big Ten Hockey Tournament 3/20 - 3/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Hey now, that can still happen. Just let us win the tournament!
    That would require teams scoring on their own nets.
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Re: 2014 Inaugural Big Ten Hockey Tournament 3/20 - 3/22

In a one and done anything can happen, hot goalie, bad bounce, whistle happy refs, this should be a good tourney with close games.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        Hoops team is in Milwaukee this weekend. My guess is that any multi sport-Badger fans from around here go there or do as I am and have folks over to watch all the games.
        I have a couple of friends going to Milwaukee for the basketball regional. Looking at the schedule for my bus ride today, I appreciate how much closer Milwaukee is than St. Paul!

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
          I have a couple of friends going to Milwaukee for the basketball regional.
          Hard to blame UW fans for that since the BB team actually has a chance to win 2 this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
            That would require teams scoring on their own nets.
            Hey now! We scored a whole eight goals last weekend. We've only been able to do that against AIC and Princeton this year.
            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Can't scare them away if they don't first come out from under their blankies.
              So if we don't post here, you win the internet? Congratulations, you win. I think you guys take posting domination a little too seriously... Besides, some of us would much rather talk hockey instead of pretending, well, whatver you are pretending....

As for the tournament- it will be interesting to see the style of play for the games- I know how we will approach the PSU game, and reports suggest they will do the same. OSU has brought a pretty up tempo play that's fun to watch, and MSU even has changed quite a bit.

I'm very curious to see if this is real or not- if it is, as hockey fans, we really get a bonus seeing the flowing speed game that I think I'm seeing. Please not be a dream.

If PSU wins, Michigan is out. It's happened- just like it has at Minnesota and Wisconsin. Life will go on, as it turns out.

Not really sure what to expect, but suspect that Nagelvoort will be in net Thursday againt Penn State. I know that we will play a pressing game, but the question is whether or not we panic in the defensive zone, and give Penn State a bunch of strong chances or not. that's what has been killing us for a few years- and this year we don't have enough offense to make up for those mistakes. Which is really frustrating- since the offense has created chances, and a lot of them, against everyone. So very few of them manage to get behind the goalie and into the net.

We have a team that has shown that they can play against the top two teams straight up. And without changing a thing, can lose to bad teams. What we will get is a big question mark.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                So if we don't post here, you win the internet?

Clearly.

Comment

Hockey talk = dumb because it does not = Thursday yet........

Thanks for joining us though!
                  "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

And to be honest, it's not about posting "domination." Nobody's after that.

It's give and take and just for fun. If I can get a few laughs out of it - even at my own or my team's expense, but better yet at Goldy's expense - it makes the games a little more fun.

If you don't see the point or don't see the fun in it, no worries. There are sticks in the mud amongst every fan base on here and they typically stay away so they can go over depth charts and pk schemes in their basements.

PS - In seriousness, nice write up on the Wolverines. It certainly jives with what I've seen of them in the limited games that I've watched. The talent is there but the consistency - even within a game - seems to be lacking at times. Couple that with an inability to finish and you lose to teams you wouldn't expect to.

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                      Hockey talk = dumb because it does not = Thursday yet........

Thanks for joining us though!
                      Except for some of us, Wednesday is the same as the old Thursday- tomorrow at this time, we will be playing. So it's hockey talk.

Comment

If I can get a few laughs out of it - even at my own or my team's expense, but better yet at Goldy's expense - it makes the games a little more fun.
                        Hey! Dammit!

Comment

Except for some of us, Wednesday is the same as the old Thursday- tomorrow at this time, we will be playing. So it's hockey talk.
                          Ooh, Michigan scores! Good point.

Comment

Hopefully someone joins you in the hockey talk because most probably won't until tomorrow. Hell, some people might not talk hockey at all!

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

PS - In seriousness, nice write up on the Wolverines. It certainly jives with what I've seen of them in the limited games that I've watched. The talent is there but the consistency - even within a game - seems to be lacking at times. Couple that with an inability to finish and you lose to teams you wouldn't expect to.
                              the game Saturday could have been a whole lot different had the 5 min the rink sloped to our end resulted in goals. The panic that you guys put on the D (as a team) is where we see the worst of the worst break downs.

And what is really odd- Michigan has had problems with defensive zone panic for at least 5 years now. Not sure if the coaching, attitude, whatever... But if we in stands can see it, it has to be obivious to the coaching staff. Yet they still let them go out there and "protect a lead"- like the Saturday MSU game, or the Friday PSU game a few weeks ago- we had a solid lead, one panic leads to a goal, which leads to more panic, and before you know it, your 3 goal lead turns into a one goal loss. I'm not sure why they just don't have the offense keep pressing. Ok- that didn't work great against Minnesota- but we were also playing from behind in the games up in St. Paul. But with a multi goal lead- playing in the offensive zone is our teams most effective defense right now. Stick with that.

The other bad thing about the panic- it also exposes any and all chemistry problems on the team. You can actually see on the ice that players are blaming each other (by the way they play, not that they are in each other face)....

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                                Hey! Dammit!

Yeah, no reason to get personal here Gurt. LOL!

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X