Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Offseason 2014: Nothing To Say

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
    Agreed. I think it was the welcome video where they talked to the captains before and after and for me it seemed like it was recorded in mono, sound only out of one headphone. The quality has gotten better but not as good as it could be. I really don't think it's about giving. I think it's just complacency. We go to other buildings and see the other team's intro video or it's easy to look at other schools video products, but it seems like we just don't try to strive and improve our quality. I thought yesterdays video wasn't too bad, with good quality video and a professional looking banner at the bottom for the people's names but overall the product could be improved.
    I agree it is not about the money its about the effort.

Comment

Earlier this year Tech posted a job for an athletics video producer. I'm not sure that it was ever filled, but it's not listed in the job postings any more either. So there is some apparent effort to improve things.
      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

T-minus
        Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
        https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
        Originally posted by geezer
        Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
        Originally posted by manurespreader
        ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Ok all of you knowledgeable Tech fans, we have several excellent recruits in.

Which of the freshman forwards will win the battles to be regulars:

We need 1 winger in the top 6.
          Heinonen or Gillies or L'Esperance on the wing with Johnstone, Pietila, Kero, Petan and Sturos.

Neville and Eick will be the shutdown line
          Who will play with them
          Gould or Vallis or Steman

Will there be an all freshman line.
          3 of the following
          Gillies, E. Anderson, Blacklock, or L'Esperance
          Will P. Anderson, Hietila, Or Baltus take this game action.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
            In two weeks, I will be sitting in my living room with a cold beverage, watching a Michigan Tech hockey game.
            It can't get here soon enough.
            In one week, I will be sitting in Taffy Abel Arena with a beverage in my pocket, watching a Michigan Tech hockey game.

Comment

Originally posted by lawdoggies View Post
              In one week, I will be sitting in Taffy Abel Arena with a beverage in my pocket, watching a Michigan Tech hockey game.
              In 3 months, I'll be sitting in a suite, watching a Michigan Tech hockey game. It can't get here soon enough.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I saved some of the classic styles for the final week, as if we needed any more reasons to look forward to game #1. From back when we used to play Ferris regularly the first time around here is an oldie but goodie (assuming you like a great hockey team in slacks). I hope some day I get to be at a Tech game attended like the one in the photo.
                T-minus

Comment

Ahhhh my eyes! Not the Cooperalls!

Comment

Season preview - Part 1: Forwards
                    http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/s...40927-tkrqba4y

Comment

T-minus

Comment

Interesting found out yesterday that the MTU/nmu games will be televised to the local markets.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                          Interesting found out yesterday that the MTU/nmu games will be televised to the local markets.
                          FoxUP/TV6 again? Or is WNMU TV13 actually doing it?
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                            FoxUP/TV6 again? Or is WNMU TV13 actually doing it?
                            Think its Fox UP/TV 6 not TV13

Comment

Laker Dude is hosting WCHA Pick-Em again.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...7-WCHA-Pick-em

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                                It was announced earlier this month. In addition to the 4 hockey games, 2 women's basketball games and the Tech/NMU football game was televised.
                                http://www.uppermichiganssource.com/...7#.VCiuzU0tDDc

Chris Dilks posted his votes for the WCHA Media Poll. He has us second. Some of his comments and Mel's statements in the last Mel Pearson show makes me think this could be a fun year! Less than a week!
                                http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/wcha...llot-2014-2015
                                2. Michigan Tech

Head coach Mel Pearson got a contract extension last week, but this has the feel of a make-or-break year for him at Michigan Tech. There's been small success over the course of Pearson's tenure, and there's no doubt that on paper the team is much better than when he took over. But he hasn't had the kind of success to make Michigan Tech nationally relevant. This year's team has the potential to do that. Nearly all of their big contributors from last year are back, and have an extra year of experience under their belt. If the Huskies can't compete for a league title with this roster, it might be time to start questioning if they ever can.

Comment

Working...
                                X