Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Offseason 2014: Nothing To Say

Originally posted by giwan View Post
    Great news. Now not to be a downer but any contract can be broken. Is there a buyout clause etc?
    If SS was smart, there would be a clause that any team that wants to hire him, also pays for Tech's coach (at Mel's salary) through the end of the contact. I predict that Tech will be the best D-I team in Michigan (and hopefully many other places) by the time this contract extension is up.
    Suck it Wolverines.
    Ryan J
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
      If SS was smart, there would be a clause that any team that wants to hire him, also pays for Tech's coach (at Mel's salary) through the end of the contact. I predict that Tech will be the best D-I team in Michigan (and hopefully many other places) by the time this contract extension is up.
      Suck it Wolverines. Ryan J
      Well I would hope that is the case, you just never know.

Comment

I knew Mel was too great and too committed to bringing a winner to Houghton to leave without finishing what he has started.
        Look out Ferris and Mankato, Tech has its eye on the prize this season.

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
          Good news! Good video with some words from Sanregret, Mroz, Cook and Pearson is the athletics website.
          Watching that video, it continues to pain me that they release videos that have the production value of 2 AM local access programming.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            Watching that video, it continues to pain me that they release videos that have the production value of 2 AM local access programming.
            Have you offered them a suggestion?

Comment

http://www.mtu.edu/giving/

Comment

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  Mel Pearson's contract has been extended through the 2020-2021 season.
                  well,duh. good move on Tech's part.
                  Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                  "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                  Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                  Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

T-minus
                    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                    Originally posted by geezer
                    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                    Originally posted by manurespreader
                    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Agreed. I think it was the welcome video where they talked to the captains before and after and for me it seemed like it was recorded in mono, sound only out of one headphone. The quality has gotten better but not as good as it could be.

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                      I really don't think it's about giving. I think it's just complacency. We go to other buildings and see the other team's intro video or it's easy to look at other schools video products, but it seems like we just don't try to strive and improve our quality. I thought yesterdays video wasn't too bad, with good quality video and a professional looking banner at the bottom for the people's names but overall the product could be improved.

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                        Agreed. I think it was the welcome video where they talked to the captains before and after and for me it seemed like it was recorded in mono, sound only out of one headphone. The quality has gotten better but not as good as it could be.

I really don't think it's about giving. I think it's just complacency. We go to other buildings and see the other team's intro video or it's easy to look at other schools video products, but it seems like we just don't try to strive and improve our quality. I thought yesterdays video wasn't too bad, with good quality video and a professional looking banner at the bottom for the people's names but overall the product could be improved.
                        This is why Tech Hockey Guide was created and we've pushed them in many ways, much of what we started, they have emulated and due to life, we've slowed down.
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                          I really don't think it's about giving.
                          No? Wes Frahm, a tripod and a couple of student interns don't have the talent, time or other resources that, say, the Hockey Night in Canada production team has. Money could narrow that gap a little...that's all I was saying.

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                            No? Wes Frahm, a tripod and a couple of student interns don't have the talent, time or other resources that, say, the Hockey Night in Canada production team has. Money could narrow that gap a little...that's all I was saying.
                            Nor do they have garish suits.... I say we start a fund for that.
                            MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                              This is why Tech Hockey Guide was created and we've pushed them in many ways, much of what we started, they have emulated and due to life, we've slowed down.
                              I commend you for taking the initiative and being a leader with your Tech Hockey Guide. It is unfortunate that "they" are followers and not the leaders when it comes to communicating the Huskie hockey program. Perhaps it is good "they" can swallow their pride and adopt what they didn't create. But lagging is also a sign of laziness. This is why Mel must exert his influence and demand excellence in all phases of the program even if "they" are not accountable to him.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Commissioner View Post
                                I commend you for taking the initiative and being a leader with your Tech Hockey Guide. It is unfortunate that "they" are followers and not the leaders when it comes to communicating the Huskie hockey program. Perhaps it is good "they" can swallow their pride and adopt what they didn't create. But lagging is also a sign of laziness. This is why Mel must exert his influence and demand excellence in all phases of the program even if "they" are not accountable to him.
                                It would be a lot easier to continue to lead if it made me any money and I was still single, but those days are long gone now...or if I was in Houghton and had access to the players.
                                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Working...
                                X