Demio Hannoun - Pentiction (BCHL)
    Travis Brown - Sioux Falls (USHL)
    Chris Gerrie - Olds (AJHL)
    Jake Olson - Hill-Murry (MSHL)

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech Offseason 2014: Nothing To Say

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
      Any early word on L'Esperance?

Heinonen and Gould are battling to establish themselves as every dayers.

I really like Vallis too. I hope he gets a very good look as well.

No word on L'Esperance, but I would expect him to contribute early.
      "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

Well no one was able to find me a #9 MTU jersey in time, so we'll have to go with a back-up plan - Tech players when they were not playing for the Huskies.
        Ryan J

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
        https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
        Originally posted by geezer
        Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
        Originally posted by manurespreader
        ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
          My moral compass is going haywire! Northern Sucks, but the it's the UP... Where's your link? I'll have to shower afterwards...
          hand over the soap. seriously, Bowling Green over a UP team?
          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
            hand over the soap. seriously, Bowling Green over a UP team?
            "The only winning move is not to play"
            MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Mel Pearson's contract has been extended through the 2020-2021 season.
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                Good to hear they extended him. Now, onto home ice for playoffs, Final 5 and NCAA tourney bid.
                "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

http://michigantechhuskies.com/sport...sS01E.facebook

Comment

You know what they're thinking: 'If Mel can't turn this program around, nobody can."

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      Excellent news. Yes, potential 2017 incoming freshmen, you'll be coached by Mel Pearson. Commit today! Spaces are limited.

Comment

Easy decision by AD Sanregret to offer five years. Helps Mel put a dent in some of those rumors that Tech is just a stepping stone to being Red's successor in Ann Arbor, which will help solidify the recruiting trail. Even if he keeps delivering 15-ish wins a year, she isn't going to look too foolish considering where we spent the vast majority of the 15 years prior to hiring him. On the other hand, if this ends up being the year the team cracks 20 wins, then Sanregret will look like a genius come March 2015 for locking him up now before he has the leverage to ask for a much bigger raise. Plus, I'm sure there are bonuses built into his deal for certain achievements.
                        Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 09-24-2014, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Great news. Now not to be a downer but any contract can be broken. Is there a buyout clause etc?

Comment

Congrats to Mel & to the Huskies. Mel's a class act who has given the program hope. Great move.
                            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                              Great news. Now not to be a downer but any contract can be broken. Is there a buyout clause etc?
                              We don't have those details yet, an FOIA request is on its way.
                              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Good news! Good video with some words from Sanregret, Mroz, Cook and Pearson is the athletics website.

Comment

Working...
                                X