Michigan Tech Offseason 2014: Nothing To Say

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eye4talent View Post
    Word on the street is Birks is ineligible until December. Heard him, Roy and Auk are looking good amongst the freshmen D-men. Of the freshmen forwards, sounds like Gillies is looking strong with Evan Anderson showing potential.
    Any early word on L'Esperance?

Heinonen and Gould are battling to establish themselves as every dayers.

I really like Vallis too. I hope he gets a very good look as well.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech Offseason 2014: Nothing To Say

Found this MTU jersey on Ebay, and know the person selling it. I saw this jersey in person a couple weeks ago and I don't think it is a game worn jersey. However that is how the seller purchased it, so that is how they are selling it. When these jerseys were used in the late 2000s, I remember you could buy the real deal authentic jerseys at the rink. Also is this when the Misfits were buying them direct with the team as well? Just wondering if anyone knows this jersey and can confirm my thoughts.

Thanks,
      Ryan J

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221555382017

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
      Originally posted by geezer
      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
      Originally posted by manurespreader
      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

I got my Tech jersey in 2008 or so, and that jersey looks like mine (although mine is unlettered, it is the full-weight authentic). MeanEgirl hooked me up with it.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
          Found this MTU jersey on Ebay, and know the person selling it. I saw this jersey in person a couple weeks ago and I don't think it is a game worn jersey. However that is how the seller purchased it, so that is how they are selling it. When these jerseys were used in the late 2000s, I remember you could buy the real deal authentic jerseys at the rink. Also is this when the Misfits were buying them direct with the team as well? Just wondering if anyone knows this jersey and can confirm my thoughts.

Thanks,
          Ryan J

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221555382017

It's not gameworn. The numbers and names are off. Those are double lettered, the authentic jerseys should be tri lettered. It's missing the black in the tri lettering.
          Last edited by Biddco; 09-21-2014, 09:05 PM.
          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
            It's not gameworn. The numbers and names are off. Those are double lettered, the authentic jerseys should be tri lettered. It's missing the black in the tri lettering.
            Due to NCAA laws, isn't it against the laws to buy lettered-game-worn stuff? Don't they have to un-letter it before selling? So in theory, this COULD be a game-worn, but the seller did a crappy job on re-lettering it.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              Due to NCAA laws, isn't it against the laws to buy lettered-game-worn stuff? Don't they have to un-letter it before selling? So in theory, this COULD be a game-worn, but the seller did a crappy job on re-lettering it.
              It is...but they would just take the nameplate off. the numbers and lettering look wrong.
              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

It is...but they would just take the nameplate off. the numbers and lettering look wrong.
                Gotcha.

Comment

the authentic jerseys should be tri lettered. It's missing the black in the tri lettering.
                  Due to NCAA laws, isn't it against the laws to buy lettered-game-worn stuff? Don't they have to un-letter it before selling?
                  David is correct regarding the lettering.

It is possible to get jerseys with the names intact, usually it is easiest for players that have left the team.
                  What the NCAA is trying to prevent is teams mass producing retail items which include the player's name.

Ryan J

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                    David is correct regarding the lettering.

It is possible to get jerseys with the names intact, usually it is easiest for players that have left the team.
                    What the NCAA is trying to prevent is teams mass producing retail items which include the player's name.

Ryan J
                    Underlined is an important note.

I was referring to current players and such, for the reasons you said.

Comment

Seabrook? Who would put Seabrook on a Tech jersey?
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by eye4talent View Post
                        Word on the street is Birks is ineligible until December. Heard him, Roy and Auk are looking good amongst the freshmen D-men. Of the freshmen forwards, sounds like Gillies is looking strong with Evan Anderson showing potential.
                        Thanks for the info. I thought something might be up when Birks was the last one added to the roster and then in his last show Mel said something like well we have 10 Dmen for now or they're all at least on campus.

Comment

T-minus

Comment

Underlined is an important note (players that have left the team.) I was referring to current players and such, for the reasons you said.
                            You can obtain jerseys of current players with the names still on the back from some teams, but you just need to have a good connection and be trusted by the team that you won't do something that puts the program at risk.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            Seabrook? Who would put Seabrook on a Tech jersey?
                            I'm guessing it was either a fan's last name or maybe even something make up quickly for a recruit. I know years ago (not sure if they still do) Tech would have a jersey in the locker room with the recruit's name on the back hanging in one of the lockers when they came to visit. Also as I will document below, when it comes to rules in jersey collecting - Rule #1: There are no absolutes and there are no rules.

Those are double lettered, the authentic jerseys should be tri lettered. It's missing the black in the tri lettering.
                            While there have been many unique, one-off jerseys over the years, here is one pretty good example. If this #17 Batovanja jersey ever showed up on Ebay, I'll bet many fans would assume it was a replica jersey. As you can clearly see from the photos it wasn't even close to what the other players were wearing that year.
                            • Wrong style back numbers (wrong font, too small)
                            • Wrong sleeve numbers (wrong font)
                            • "MichiganTech" too low
                            • Wide gold piping around the waist and shoulders
                            • Wrong shoulder patches (too large, wide gold outline)

Despite all these "errors" this IS the jersey Mike wore all season. This anomaly was caused when goalie Ellsworth took his #17 jerseys with him and the team had to make a replacement #17 for the next season. Even if Cam hadn't taken his jerseys, I don't think Mike would have worn a goalie cut jersey very well. Batovanja and Conner could have shared a single jersey and used the left over material to make Scott's jersey larger.

Ryan J

Comment

T-minus

Comment

The NHL Central Scouting list is out for 2015 player to watch. The only tech recruit on there is Jacob Olson. Zach Jordan is on there too, but going off this thread it sounds like he's not committed anymore.

EDIT: I missed Tristan Rostagno too. They all have a C rating.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=731360
                                Last edited by mtu_huskies; 09-23-2014, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X