Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Offseason 2014: Nothing To Say

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    If that is the correct answer, it both makes sense and is highly ironic.
    Ken played for MTU 1989-93 but the logo was not worn until 1993-94.
    Ken was a draft pick of the... Pittsburgh Penquins.
    I never would have guessed if you gave me 1000 tries.
    Ryan J
    Hmm...

...Tech last hosted home playoffs at the end of the 1992-1993 season...

...Tech started wearing Piano Dog in 1993-1994...

..."A witch! A witch! A witch! We found a witch! We've got a witch! BURN THE WITCHES!"

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Hmm...

...Tech last hosted home playoffs at the end of the 1992-1993 season...

...Tech started wearing Piano Dog in 1993-1994...

..."A witch! A witch! A witch! We found a witch! We've got a witch! BURN THE WITCHES!"
      Ya know, I read your post and didn't know what Piano Dog was but then I scrolled down and looked at one of Johnsons' posts. Now I get it, that's funny! I seriously think that you might have something with the BURN THE WITCHES comment...
      Originally posted by alfablue
      Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
      Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
      I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

T-minus
        Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
        https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
        Originally posted by geezer
        Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
        Originally posted by manurespreader
        ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

The NCAA Twitter feed is running a Greatest Frozen Four team contest pitting past NCAA winners in a bracket style contest.
          LSSU '94 was eliminated yesterday, but today is the '91 NMU team versus the '84 BGSU team.

In the interest of UP Power, would the fellow Huskies vote for NMU in this silly fan vote if the NMU fans *mumbling* voted for Tech in their rounds?

Sort of like the Tarkki/Conner Hobey Baker voting from almost a decade ago?
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
            The NCAA Twitter feed is running a Greatest Frozen Four team contest pitting past NCAA winners in a bracket style contest.
            LSSU '94 was eliminated yesterday, but today is the '91 NMU team versus the '84 BGSU team.

In the interest of UP Power, would the fellow Huskies vote for NMU in this silly fan vote if the NMU fans *mumbling* voted for Tech in their rounds?

My moral compass is going haywire! Northern Sucks, but the it's the UP... Where's your link? I'll have to shower afterwards...
            MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post

I did it. You better reciprocate!
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Wait I have to publicly RT it? This is definitely tough to swallow.
                MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

• Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
                  My moral compass is going haywire! Northern Sucks, but the it's the UP... Where's your link? I'll have to shower afterwards...
                  http://www.ncaa.com/news/icehockey-m...michigan-vs-84
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I did it but you looked way behind to the scum from ohio.
                    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

It's a little tough to tell, but yes, we are SIXTEEN days away from MTU hockey.
                      Don't worry, we couldn't read the numbers when the jerseys were on the ice either.
                      I would have spent the extra $5 per jersey and added a white or silver border.
                      Ryan J
                      T-minus

Comment

Hockey is getting closer. Here's some links I saw for those that might've missed them:

All the information you'd ever want to know about our new Zamboni:
                        Michigan Tech's New Zamboni
                        http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/s...40913-ovqo3pk3

Coaches are now allowed to be on the ice for a few hours a week I think.
                        http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/s...20140916ztnmf8
                        Hockey Coaches, Players on Ice for First Practice Together
                        HOUGHTON, Mich. — The Michigan Tech hockey team had their first practice session with coaches on the ice today. The Huskies roster features 31 players including 10 freshmen, who got their first real taste of college hockey today.

Michigan Tech is just 18 days away from its 2014-15 season opener. The Huskies play a WCHA series at Lake Superior State on Oct. 4-5.

Tech opens with four road games over a four week span before its home opener against Michigan Oct. 31-Nov. 1.

Tickets for Michigan Tech hockey remain on sale through BuyHuskiesTickets.com or at the SDC Ticket Office (906-487-2073).

Due to injuries it looks like Copley might make an AHL roster.
                        Injuries may boost Caps prospect Pheonix Copley into Hershey this season
                        http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...y-this-season/

Comment

In other alum news, former Huskies forward and Colorado Eagles (was CHL now ECHL) captain Riley Nelson retires.
                          Nelson is the all-time record holder of pretty much every statistical category in Eagles history (other than PIMs).
                          Ryan J

Press release: http://coloradoeagles.com/eagles-new...es-retirement/

Comment

Purchased my Final 5 tickets during the social media presale. Saw the tweet, and figured may as well get them right away, since I know I'm going. Bought 2 pair, on the glass, about $150 total. $25 per person per game, to sit in the first row. I am ok with that. I look forward to enjoying the games with the 25 other people there!
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                              Purchased my Final 5 tickets during the social media presale. Saw the tweet, and figured may as well get them right away, since I know I'm going. Bought 2 pair, on the glass, about $150 total. $25 per person per game, to sit in the first row. I am ok with that. I look forward to enjoying the games with the 25 other people there!
                              IF we get the lot back, I believe the GPLers will still hold a tailgate at the usual spot. If so, I'll be there, but undecided on the games.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                IF we get the lot back, I believe the GPLers will still hold a tailgate at the usual spot. If so, I'll be there, but undecided on the games.
                                If?
                                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Working...
                                X