Michigan Tech Offseason 2014: Nothing To Say

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Tech Offseason 2014: Nothing To Say

Good luck to you guys in your coaching search.
    ---
    National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
    Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
    19 Conference Championships
    10 Conference Tournament Championships
    2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
      Good luck to you guys in your coaching search.

Comment

Originally posted by lawdoggies View Post
        I'm assuming (and this is a double assume, so it makes a double *** out of you and me) he means Red is done after yesterday, and Mel is going back.

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
          I'm assuming (and this is a double assume, so it makes a double *** out of you and me) he means Red is done after yesterday, and Mel is going back.
          It's pretty much set. Mel's vacation up North is to get HC experience. The AD here does not hire someone as a HC who does not have prior HC experience. That is a known fact.
          ---
          Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
          2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
            Is UM still on the bubble? And Red's contract through 2015-16?

Comment

I think the implication is that Animatronic Red Berenson is going to be done and Michigan will be knocking on Mel's door.

What the purple one said.
              I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Originally posted by melmac View Post
                I think the implication is that Animatronic Red Berenson is going to be done and Michigan will be knocking on Mel's door.

What the purple one said.
                Thanks . . . I got the implication. I was just wondering if there was more to the post than blue bile spilling over this thread (lucky us ) after a tough loss last night.

Comment

Thanks . . . I got the implication. I was just wondering if there was more to the post than blue bile spilling over this thread (lucky us ) after a tough loss last night.
                  I'd be crabby, too, if my team had lost to Penn State three times this season.

That being said, I can't wait to see which AHA team will bounce my boys out next week.

And if Red's truly done, I hope Mel wouldn't just jump ship at Michigan's beck and call. He seems like a guy with more integrity than that.
                  I was told there would be no math...

Comment

And if Red's truly done, I hope Mel wouldn't just jump ship at Michigan's beck and call. He seems like a guy with more integrity than that.
                    I know many Michigan fans are confident that Mel can't wait to get back to Ann Arbor. I'm hopeful that he'll continue develop the talent he's brought to the program and continue to move Tech towards success and respect.

Comment

We will see - Michigan can pretty much hire whoever they want. If Mel goes, there is a small poison pill in his contract that allows us to reclaim a percentage of his salary as a penalty, based on how many years he spent here. I'd be confident that we could hire someone just as good at the current salary level.

Comment

I'd be crabby, too, if my team had lost to Penn State three times this season.
                        I would be devastated like the first time it happened, but I'm not surprised one **** bit anymore.

Red said in an article that he was going to retire at the end of last season, but then Michigan went on that late run when the players showed they somewhat gave a **** about being tagged as "the guys who lost the streak".

I can't imagine that a great start erased, three losses to a team that has been playing for two years and being one game over .500 in conference is acceptable. In fact, this is worse. Because this team is still good. They don't show it on the ice, which makes me want to throw things. Really, Michigan has had one great season in the last 5.

2009-10: Meandered through the regular season, woke up in CCHA Playoffs winning the title, made NCAA Regional Final
                        2010-11: Great season. Dominant. CCHA Champions, NCAA Runner-Up
                        2011-12: Meandered through the regular season but woke up in January and managed to get a 1 seed in the NCAA Tournament only to lose to freaking cornell.
                        2012-13: Meandered through the regular season, woke up in CCHA Playoffs but lost final to miss the NCAAs for the first time in 22 years.
                        2013-14: Meandered through the regular season, inconsistent but consistently frustrating. So much effing talent that is being wasted.
                        Last edited by MGoBlueHockey; 03-21-2014, 10:40 AM.
                        ---
                        2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Great, the d-bag UMi fan wandered in here. Don't blame us that your team is too incompetant to beat a team in its 2nd year EVER, in its BIGGEST GAME OF THE SEASON.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            I'd be confident that we could hire someone just as good at the current salary level.
                            Will the current salary level be there two years from now? I thought alumni came up with the funds just to make Pearson's current contract possible. (Doesn't mean we couldn't do it again, of course.)

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                              Will the current salary level be there two years from now? I thought alumni came up with the funds just to make Pearson's current contract possible. (Doesn't mean we couldn't do it again, of course.)
                              They came up with the funds to hire a top coach, not just Pearson. It's fairly well established that after Pearson initially turned down the job, the funds were still there to lure Hastings and Blais in for interviews.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                They came up with the funds to hire a top coach, not just Pearson. It's fairly well established that after Pearson initially turned down the job, the funds were still there to lure Hastings and Blais in for interviews.
                                Did the lure work on those two?

Comment

Working...
                                X