Michigan Tech Offseason 2014: Nothing To Say

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Offseason 2014: Nothing To Say

Couple of weird things, the first games with LSSU are Saturday/Sunday to start the season. I think that saturday is the first day of practice...then MTU is off until October 24 and plays @ FSU. A little strange seeing the NC schedule in December and January and that big open hole in October.

EDIT: I guess one nice thing about this schedule is that from October 24 to the end of the regular season, there are only 3 off weekends Dec 5, Dec 19 and Feb 20.

Other interesting thing. GLI is Sunday/Monday so that takes care of me attending.
    Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 04-21-2014, 09:14 AM.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      Couple of weird things, the first games with LSSU are Saturday/Sunday to start the season. I think that saturday is the first day of practice...then MTU is off until October 24 and plays @ FSU. A little strange seeing the NC schedule in December and January and that big open hole in October.

EDIT: I guess one nice thing about this schedule is that from October 24 to the end of the regular season, there are only 3 off weekends Dec 5, Dec 19 and Feb 20.

Other interesting thing. GLI is Sunday/Monday so that takes care of me attending.
      That Monday night GLI attendance is going to be awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
        Couple of weird things, the first games with LSSU are Saturday/Sunday to start the season. I think that saturday is the first day of practice...
        That's a good thing. The other "schedule" had the series later after LSSU had already played Robert Morris. I don't know how set past versions of the schedule were for either team, but hopefully this is both teams' first game. The less practice before the first game, the better considering that LSSU will have a new coach and maybe a new system. Of course it might resemble a high level pickup game for both sides.

Comment

Did we have voting for the post season awards and I just miss it? Who got what?
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Is there any offical release of who is coming in for your recruits next year? The reason I ask, is because in Cedar Rapids's newspaper it was listing Mark Auk as a possible returner for the Roughriders. I thought he was a 2014 commit and this caught me offguard. Thanks in advance for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
              Is there any offical release of who is coming in for your recruits next year? The reason I ask, is because in Cedar Rapids's newspaper it was listing Mark Auk as a possible returner for the Roughriders. I thought he was a 2014 commit and this caught me offguard. Thanks in advance for your help.
              Auk is a bubble player right now. Joe Schuldt, Dane Birks, Mark Auk and Matt Roy have all signed NLOIs 2 or 3 of them will be coming in this year. I'm guessing an official announcement on incoming recruits won't happen for a bit with a couple more flight risks, though none on defense, although someone might leave for lack of playing time on the blueline.
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

If Auk comes back, it would give Cedar Rapids 2 Huskies on the blue line next year. Mitch Reinke is scheduled to come into CR next year. He has been in town twice this spring practicing with the Roughriders.

Comment

For those of you that care, Jamie Russell, Providence assistant coach for last 3 seasons, has resigned to pursue other opportunities.

Comment

For those of you that care, Jamie Russell, Providence assistant coach for last 3 seasons, has resigned to pursue other opportunities.
                    Hmm, that seems odd. I wonder what he's getting into. Seemed like he had a good thing going at Proviced.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Head coach in USHL for Jamie.

If Damon Whitten gets the job at Lake State, could Steve Shields be convinced to replace him?

Comment

The stuff you find when looking for news on where Russell might land:
                        http://firejamierussell.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post

If Damon Whitten gets the job at Lake State, could Steve Shields be convinced to replace him?
                          That would be an ideal scenario.

Comment

The stuff you find when looking for news on where Russell might land:
                            http://firejamierussell.blogspot.com/
                            Haha, wow. Any ideas yet on what the other opportunities are?
                            MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post

Cant think of one that will be opening up unless Fargo or Des Moines fires their coach. With the draft being less than 2 weeks away I find that hard to believe

Comment

• Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
                                Cant think of one that will be opening up unless Fargo or Des Moines fires their coach. With the draft being less than 2 weeks away I find that hard to believe
                                Lincoln is open, no?
                                https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                                Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Working...
                                X