Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013-2014 B1G Ten champs Minnesota Gophers

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2013-2014 B1G Ten champs Minnesota Gophers

    Like any other team would win this conference, but still we have to give others thanks for trying I guess.


    M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A Minnesota Minnesota yay Gophers!

  • #2
    Re: 2013-2014 B1G Ten champs Minnesota Gophers

    Glad we won tonight. It would have felt kind of lousy if we had won it because the BADgers lost.

    Since we won though, clinching the title, Wisconsin's loss is that much sweeter!!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: 2013-2014 B1G Ten champs Minnesota Gophers

      Originally posted by ShotFromThePoint View Post
      Glad we won tonight. It would have felt kind of lousy if we had won it because the BADgers lost.

      Since we won though, clinching the title, Wisconsin's loss is that much sweeter!!
      I agree!

      We don't need no stinkin' Badgers, we can play hockey the right way and win ourselves.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: 2013-2014 B1G Ten champs Minnesota Gophers

        Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
        I agree!

        We don't need no stinkin' Badgers, we can play hockey the right way and win ourselves.
        Where's the youtube link of that?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
          Like any other team would win this conference, but still we have to give others thanks for trying I guess.


          M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A Minnesota Minnesota yay Gophers!
          Like any other teams fans would start a thread to congratulate themselves. This is sad.
          Originally posted by SJHovey
          Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
          Originally posted by Brenthoven
          We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: 2013-2014 B1G Ten champs Minnesota Gophers

            Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
            Like any other teams fans would start a thread to congratulate themselves. This is sad.
            ...says the fan from the team that hangs participation banners.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: 2013-2014 B1G Ten champs Minnesota Gophers

              You know, as sweet as it is that as of right now, this win over Michigan has relegated Michigan to the status of a NON-tourney team, it really has to make you wonder what kind of system punishes a team for taking the #1 team in the country into OT before losing?!


              The RPI is one of the worst, if not THE worst, rating system ever conceived, and it is THE main, or only actually when you really look at it, determining factor considered to determine the NCAA field and seedings, etc..

              I looked at the RPI rankings of teams this week and compared it to the PWR and they are virtually identical.

              Hockey is a great sport and deserves better than the RPI and the PWR based almost completely from the RPI.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: 2013-2014 B1G Ten champs Minnesota Gophers

                Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                ...says the fan from the team that hangs participation banners.
                Gopher fans need a reason to not kill themselves after their football and pumpkin pushing teams finished their seasons.
                tUMD Hockey

                "And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                  ...says the fan from the team that hangs participation banners.
                  I didn't hang ****. And I sure as hell didn't start a thread congratulating my team for winning a 6 team conference.
                  Originally posted by SJHovey
                  Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                  Originally posted by Brenthoven
                  We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                    Gopher fans need a reason to not kill themselves after their football and pumpkin pushing teams finished their seasons.
                    You of all people I didn't think would bring up sports other than hockey. For shame, sir. For shame.
                    the state of hockey is good

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                      ...says the fan from the team that hangs participation banners.
                      You could say that about a fan of pretty much every other team that had been to the NCAA tournament except NoDak (and BU and Michigan, who appear to only have Frozen Four participation banners). At least we don't put up individual banners for each NCAA appearance like Miami, Colorado College, Western Michigan, Bowling Green and a number of others. While I could take or leave the participation banner, I refuse to be embarrassed.

                      Congrats to the handful of Gopher fans I like
                      SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
                      UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
                      Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
                      Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
                      UMD Football: 2008, 2010
                      UMD Men: 2011

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: 2013-2014 B1G Ten champs Minnesota Gophers

                        It is a B1G deal to be the regular season champs for the first year of the Big 10 hockey. Count all of the Championships won by its members. This hockey conference of 6 have more championships than any other conference. It will be great when the Gophers pull off the double when both the Men and Women both win the championships. Both are going to be the overall number one seed.

                        Using the criteria that titles follow the school here are the title breakdown by current affiliation.

                        Conference/Titles
                        Big 10/23
                        NCHC/17
                        Hockey East/12
                        WCHA/7
                        ECAC/5
                        Last edited by Gopher1977; 03-15-2014, 01:17 PM. Reason: Facts to bakup statement.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: 2013-2014 B1G Ten champs Minnesota Gophers

                          And then there is Holy Cross do not count your chickens, that is why they play the games.
                          I enjoyed the OT winner at Yost last night via TV, hope you get the sweep.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: 2013-2014 B1G Ten champs Minnesota Gophers

                            Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                            And then there is Holy Cross do not count your chickens, that is why they play the games.
                            I enjoyed the OT winner at Yost last night via TV, hope you get the sweep.

                            Btw. Huskiefan, since you are bringing up upsets, gotta ask you how you can lose to Miami of Ohio for heaven's sake?! WOW, not sure there is more than 1 or 2 teams in the entire country that has sucked worse than Miami of Ohio has the last 2 months or so?! I think they were on a 1-8-1 run pretty recently.

                            But here you guys figured out a way to lose to them?! lol

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
                              Btw. Huskiefan, since you are bringing up upsets, gotta ask you how you can lose to Miami of Ohio for heaven's sake?! WOW, not sure there is more than 1 or 2 teams in the entire country that has sucked worse than Miami of Ohio has the last 2 months or so?! I think they were on a 1-8-1 run pretty recently.

                              But here you guys figured out a way to lose to them?! lol
                              He's a Michigan Tech fan.
                              SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
                              UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
                              Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
                              Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
                              UMD Football: 2008, 2010
                              UMD Men: 2011

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X