X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wicked Slappaahs
    replied
    [QUOTE=ServinisScores;5958244]You start out by claiming my last statement is ignorant, then you agree with me...?

I don't care about the general NHL - I'm talking about why are the high-end recruits Seth gets lauded for landing are leaving so soon? Is D'Amigo well-positioned for an NHL FA contract? Haggerty? Zalewski?[

Whether you care about the NHL is irrelevant. The FACT is that talented college kids now have opportunities to leave school and bank large checks. This is fact. If you expect kids, with help from their "Advisors " (be they from RPI or elsewhere ) to not be tempted by this reality , then I can't help you. Zalewski reportedly had more than one offer , ditto Haggerty. The Rangers burned an NHL deal on Hags with a handful of games remaining in their season because they didn't want to risk a bidding war.

Up until the day he landed on campus, there were reports that JDA would report to Kitchener and skip college. ..as the "quicker " route to the pros. But now your revisionist history insinuates that Seth drove him away.

If you have an issue with Appert recruiting kids who attract NHL teams, then have the stones to say it. Don't give us some mealy mouthed grassy knoll insinuation that Haggerty et al left to get away from Seth.
    Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 05-16-2014, 10:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Re: RPI Offseason Thread: 7 Months of Drivel

Today is 16 May 2014. There are 141 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 4 October 2014 for the start of next season.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Originally posted by johnk View Post
    No I think he was pretty clear. He said RPI's poor record OVER THE LAST 10 YEARS. Unless you think 50 games under .500 isn't poor.
    He's a transplant from #26. He thinks .400 is good.

Leave a comment:

• sk8tronthepond
    replied

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
    assuming of course that the thread actually closes after 1,000 posts.....
    Nice comeback to post #999!

Leave a comment:

• FreshFish
    replied

Originally posted by jericho View Post
    Realized that I have to close this one out before starting to post in the other one. Proceed.
    assuming of course that the thread actually closes after 1,000 posts.....

Leave a comment:

• jericho
    replied

Realized that I have to close this one out before starting to post in the other one. Proceed.

Leave a comment:

• jericho
    replied

Originally posted by drshoen View Post
    7 months of drivel?? Ha, it's only been 9 weeks and 4 days, and the thread will probably be locked before the day is out!
    No one can argue that we win the National Championship of Drivel.

Leave a comment:

• johnk
    replied

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
    Is this closer to what you meant?

No I think he was pretty clear. He said RPI's poor record OVER THE LAST 10 YEARS. Unless you think 50 games under .500 isn't poor.

Leave a comment:

• FreshFish
    replied

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
    I would bet that given RPI's poor record [in the ECAC playoffs] over the last 10 years,
    Is this closer to what you meant?

Leave a comment:

• drshoen
    replied

7 months of drivel?? Ha, it's only been 9 weeks and 4 days, and the thread will probably be locked before the day is out!

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
    I would bet that given RPI's poor record over the last 10 years, and within the ECAC, the numbers are unusually high at RPI - i/t/o players leaving/per win and players leaving/year within the ECAC. It's not like they're leaving after achieving something....
    Also notice that it's almost always a forward. Goaltenders leave early after achieving something, because as a goaltender coach, there's trust there. Even though someone like Allen York only got a couple games in the big one, that's much better than most goaltenders out there.

Diesel, although not quite as good as Pirri at the time but has the chance to be, will have a great pro career. Even if he wasn't the most prolific scorer for us, all of the little things he was doing to create those opportunities is what has made him successful, and why there was belief from here that he was the best player on our team.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Today is 15 May 2014. There are 142 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 4 October 2014 for the start of next season.

Leave a comment:

• ServinisScores
    replied

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    High-end recruits leaving early is certainly not limited to RPI.
    I would bet that given RPI's poor record over the last 10 years, and within the ECAC, the numbers are unusually high at RPI - i/t/o players leaving/per win and players leaving/year within the ECAC. It's not like they're leaving after achieving something....

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by hockeymascot View Post
    The "leaving" reference was from College hockey (education, development, scholarship) as a frosh, sophomore to professional hockey, specifically the NHL or AHL (for a short period of time). Not to Major Junior or the East Coast.
    I realize that was what you were referencing in particular, but there isn't a significant difference. Going from HS before one graduates to junior hockey isn't really any different. At least that is my opinion.
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 05-14-2014, 11:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• hockeymascot
    replied

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    This happens at all levels of hockey. People want to advance. Alberni Valley wasn't exactly thrilled when Evan Tironese (and SLU recruit Ryan Lough) went to Green Bay in the USHL. I assume that Melanson's HS coach wasn't happy with his leaving after his junior year either.
    The "leaving" reference was from College hockey (education, development, scholarship) as a frosh, sophomore to professional hockey, specifically the NHL or AHL (for a short period of time). Not to Major Junior or the East Coast.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X