X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Offseason Thread: 7 Months of Drivel

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
    Geez... Every time I see a post like this I feel that my sheepskin is somehow reduced in value.

I agree, unfortunately, it's not the only one...
    Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
      Geez... Every time I see a post like this I feel that my sheepskin is somehow reduced in value.
      Seems to be a growing consensus that the post in question is a strong candidate for the worst of all time on this (or any other) thread.

Comment

Little too much doom and gloom in here tonight fellas. If the mediocrity has gone on for too long now, and judging by many of your posts, it most certainly has, the administration should set a goal for next season, if it is not made, make a coaching change, business is business and schnapps is schnapps, no hard feelings. RPI has too strong of a history for the team to become a cellar dweller in the ECAC.
        RPI Engineers
        RIT Tigers
        ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Today is 16 April 2014. There are 171 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 4 October 2014 for the start of next season.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DeepRed72 View Post
            Really? What does one thing have to do with the other? The value of a Rensselaer education has zero correlation to its floundering hockey program.
            respectfully suggest you totally missed the point. The lament was not about the hockey program at all. The lament was, how could a person receive a quality education from RPI yet be so petty, boorish, rude, add all sorts of adjectives. it's like when your drunken uncle embarrasses your whole family and you just want to hide your face and pretend you don't know him.
            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
              respectfully suggest you totally missed the point. The lament was not about the hockey program at all. The lament was, how could a person receive a quality education from RPI yet be so petty, boorish, rude, add all sorts of adjectives. it's like when your drunken uncle embarrasses your whole family and you just want to hide your face and pretend you don't know him.
              I don't know who's worse, him or his Union equivalent.
              Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                I don't know who's worse, him or his Union equivalent.
                If they are equivalent -- neither.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Union's bright prospects for next season dimmed a bit as Shayne Gostisbehere has foregone his senior season to sign with the Flyers.

Evidently he will join the Adirondack Phantoms and play in their final two games of the season.

Can someone explain why Gostisbehere can play in the AHL right away and Ryan Haggerty couldn't?

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                    Union's bright prospects for next season dimmed a bit as Shayne Gostisbehere has foregone his senior season to sign with the Flyers.

Evidently he will join the Adirondack Phantoms and play in their final two games of the season.

Can someone explain why Gostisbehere can play in the AHL right away and Ryan Haggerty couldn't?
                    Union doesn't have a Ghost of a chance of repeating next season!

I also wondered why Gostisbehere can play in the AHL and Haggerty (and Zalewski) can't. Perhaps it is because Gostisbehere is a draft choice.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Nice touch - Drivel with logic at least occasionally. Great win for the ECAC. Let's hope it helps RPI recruiting. Next year the D and goalies will have to lead.

Comment

Use ignore - please!!

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post

I believe that Ghost signed an ATO for the remainder of this year (http://theahl.com/stats/transactions.php). His ELC will start next year. Haggs signed an ELC which the 1st year will be burned this year thus allowing him to reach RFA 1 year earlier.
                          Last edited by turk181; 04-16-2014, 02:39 PM.
                          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Really? What does one thing have to do with the other? The value of a Rensselaer education has zero correlation to its floundering hockey program. Has an interviewer ever said to anyone, "Wow your resume looks great but I can't hire you because your college's hockey team sucks?" Face it: We have a dark period ahead unless some unsuspecting program decides to make Appert a more ridiculous offer than our school did. Appert has taken a team that was at least competitive to one that can't get out of the second round of the ECAC playoffs. Based upon his salary and record, he must rank up there against all Div 1 coaches in compensation per win.
                            Umm... sorry that's a big swing and a miss. And no, I'm not now concerned about the baseball team cheapening the value of my diploma.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              Who would want to buy Union gear anyway?
                              This guy!!!!
                              National Champions 2014!
                              Cleary Cup Champions 2011, 2012, 2014, 2017!
                              Whitelaw Cup Champions 2012, 2013, 2014!!!
                              Let's Go U!!!

Comment

Appert has taken a team that was at least competitive to one that can't get out of the second round of the ECAC playoffs. Based upon his salary and record, he must rank up there against all Div 1 coaches in compensation per win.
                                I promised not to post but I can't help myself. Really..really. I'm not ragging on the previous coach but you don't think that was a dark period. Here's a few for you to ponder. NCAA berth, RPI players playing significant time in the NHL (Pirri and JDA), better recruits coming in, upgrades to HFH. Shirley actually interested in the program where she would put capital investment into it. I am an apologist for MGC but you guys are getting on my nerves. You and others need to realize that while things are not perfect, they are better. This whole thread has turned into a cluster fark (excuse me RB, I honor what you do).
                                "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Working...
                                X