• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Offseason Thread: 7 Months of Drivel

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
    Been there, done that.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
      Enjoy the ride.
      You won't find anything like this at an amusement park!!
      I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
        Enough with the "who's next to leave" speculation. It does nothing but adds to the drivel. On a personal note though, it's definitely entertaining to watch. Good luck to them, it's nice to see kids leaving early to try to achieve their dreams, although as fans, we get a little selfish as far as helping the team. Seth isn't going anywhere, he'll rebuild, and hopefully the team will be entertaining to watch next year. if Kasdorf can stay healthy, you may see a drastic change in the defensive stats of this team. Hopefully in the offseason he rehabbed, got his shoulder back to full strength, and next year he'll come back with guns a blazin. Diebold is a more than adequate backup, but as others have said, he had alot of pressure to stay healthy as he was the only goaltender who had a chance at playing after Kasdorf went down. Enjoy the ride, and stay loyal to the team. And before I get nasty responses, yes, there were times I felt the same way, so I have to take my own advice as well.
        I don't see much of a difference between Kasdorf and Diebold, with the exception of a draft pick. Both are very capable goaltenders, although for some reason, Diebold seems to be left out to dry more. This was evident during his freshman year as well, which is why he had so many saves during games, and got blown out in the UML game similar to York's freshman year in his first few games. As far as I've read on here, he's been doing some drills in practice. The good news is that we (hopefully) still have guys like Curadi and Leonard, who are very capable behind our blue line. D seems to be easier than O because it is very reactionary, the only real sets you would have are marking a man vs. playing zone, and we've had some good luck in shut-down D with guys like Peter Merth and Jeff Foss.

Comment

Zalweski leaving is not a good sign. He's nowhere near ready to play in the NHL. I would question what he'd gain in the AHL, especially given the disaster that Vancouver is developing into. Very questionable move.

He is #1 today on hockeydb.com's queries...
          Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
            Zalweski leaving is not a good sign. He's nowhere near ready to play in the NHL. I would question what he'd gain in the AHL, especially given the disaster that Vancouver is developing into. Very questionable move.

I'ld agree about not being ready for the NHL now and the disaster Vancouver is turning into. I'ld question what he'ld gain by staying in school at this point (besides the edu.). 21 now, 6'2" 210lbs. He's not going to get any stronger "here" than he will either in the NHL or AHL. Kid wants to be a pro hockey player. Sometimes that's all it is. Been hearing about this move for a few months so it didn't come as any shock to me. I've given up trying to make sense out of anything involving this program anymore but have not given up being a fan (not saying you have).
            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post

I agree, this is not a good sign. Building a successful program is a virtuous cycle and the decline of a program can be a vicious cycle. Winning not only helps recruiting but also helps retain players like this...which again leads to more wins. The way that RPI exited this year can not be good for retaining players who have a chance to move on to something else, nor for recruiting. All teams are at risk of losing their superstars to the NHL but you would hope that the rest of the team would be excited to finish out their college career with the expectation that they will get as much development there as in most other places. Appert has a challenge, now, to recreate a sense of excitement around this team, but I am hopeful that he will find a way to do that.

Comment

Just two more days to get your picks in the ECAC Pick the Awards: http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...ick-the-Awards
                Quinnipiac University '15
                ECAC Regular Season Champs: 2013, 2015, 2016
                ECAC Championship: 2016
                NCAA Tournament: 2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
                NCAA Frozen Four: 2013, 2016
                Yuck Fale : 2013

Comment

The 2014-15 season is going to be a complete rebuild/retool as far as the offense goes.I went over to the Dart/union game and those 2 teams really displayed what Appert is always talking about.They played hard in all 3 zones both when on offense and defense.Both teams played with grit without playing stupid.IMO the difference between RPI and Dartmouth and Union wasn`t an overwhelming difference in top end talent but more so better overall skaters top to bottom and a one for all all for one attitude. IMO Somehow the staff and players need to buy in that the for mentioned style is what wins close games.It seems in recent years we have one line expected to score and 9 people waiting to pat them on the back.

Comment

Today is 16 March 2014. There are 202 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 4 October 2014 for the start of next season.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by jstadts View Post
                      The 2014-15 season is going to be a complete rebuild/retool as far as the offense goes.I went over to the Dart/union game and those 2 teams really displayed what Appert is always talking about.They played hard in all 3 zones both when on offense and defense.Both teams played with grit without playing stupid.IMO the difference between RPI and Dartmouth and Union wasn`t an overwhelming difference in top end talent but more so better overall skaters top to bottom and a one for all all for one attitude. IMO Somehow the staff and players need to buy in that the for mentioned style is what wins close games.It seems in recent years we have one line expected to score and 9 people waiting to pat them on the back.
                      We had four lines that did plenty last year. How did we end up blowing it in the playoffs there?

Comment

Originally posted by vicious View Post
                        just came across this: "Seth: the Movie."

http://www.championshipproductions.c...html?crm=r-619

Schafer and Eaves each got 5 stars...this only got 4. Blasphemy!
                        Well that's pretty cool. Would be fun to watch over the long boring off-season. Too bad its expensive.
                        Let's give a cheer for old Rensselaer... You bring the whiskey, I'll bring the beer!

Comment

Originally posted by RPI_2003 View Post
                          Well that's pretty cool. Would be fun to watch over the long boring off-season. Too bad its expensive.
                          It's also a couple years old and from the 11-12 season. Smith and Laliberté are mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            It's also a couple years old and from the 11-12 season. Smith and Laliberté are mentioned.
                            I don't see their names on that page. Does that mean that you have watched the DVDs, or do you recall something which I don't from the last time that someone posted a link?
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              I don't see their names on that page. Does that mean that you have watched the DVDs, or do you recall something which I don't from the last time that someone posted a link?
                              There's a youtube video sampling the DVD set. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agmXOWa6f1E

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                There's a youtube video sampling the DVD set. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agmXOWa6f1E
                                Thanks. I forgot that was there.
                                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 03-16-2014, 10:13 AM.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X