X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Offseason Thread: 7 Months of Drivel

Originally posted by hrbrendan View Post
    Congrats to Haggerty. Unfortunately, RPI is going to be even worse next year.
    Seems a reasonable assumption considering he and Higgs were the offense this year. The only positive I can see out of this is if Haggs scores the winning Stanley Cup goal for my New York Rangers. I was at MSG in 1994 - I hope that is does not have to last a lifetime nor does the 1985 NCAA championship. Good luck Haggs, I'll be rooting you on.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Comment

Originally posted by DeepRed72 View Post
      Seems a reasonable assumption considering he and Higgs were the offense this year.
      And, as we all know, once a player has been on the team without being a major part of the offense, they never can, ever.
      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by ibanezist00 View Post
        I appreciate the buckets of radiating optimism from this thread! Why don't we wait and give it a few games next season before we make hasty conclusions about it 7 months before it even starts?
        I seem to recall the sentiment when Pirri & D'Amigo left. What happened the next year? Yes, Chase was still there but not many felt the NCAA's would be in the cards.
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

I'll save us all the time NOBODY !!! That is the point these are kids with raw talent and some have a huge upside and we find out some don't. 2 examples Chace Polacek he was stumbled upon when we recruited Bryan Brutlag I don"t know if anyone else was interested in him or if he was even on scholarship in the beginning but SA whom some here think they know more than him saw something and developed Him into a prolific scorer...now fast forward to Ryan Haggerty a much more visable recruit but as a fast skater and a hard player lets face it his last year on the USNDT in the USHL I believe he scored a grand total of 7 goals and was primaraly used on a checking/energy line and on the PK at RPI SA saw something and this year gave him the opportunity to shine he played on the first line the power play and double shifted in most if not all close games without that 28 goals are not possible. Its scary to think what his senior year would have been but He seized the opportunity to take the next step as a 21 year old that opportunity was not going to be there forever so he did the right thing and we all wish him all the luck in the world. so who is the next big thing who knows but aI have a couple candidates. Mike Zelewski has a huge upside and is already a legit big time D1 player will he takke the next step, I certainly believe Bubela has a huge up side and suspect he had some sort of nagging injury that led to a somewhat indiffernt year but he certainly has talent and Mark Miller kind of reminds me of a young Haggerty who knows but the talent is there we have a good class coming in. So I for one am looking for forward to next year SA is not going anywhere so we all need to get off our high horse and get back to talking about our recruits and who needs to step up and that stuff because accussing the coach of not knowing how to recruit,not developing players and my favorite not making adjustments is just silly 99.9% of the posters on this board wouldn"t know what an on ice adjustment looked like if they got crotch chopped with one. If we have an issue its with consistant effort the coach has said it a 1000 times to the point peaple on this board make fun of him(Engineer Hockey that is coach speak for effort without calling them out in public) but he doesn't run away from it and takes responsibility for it so thats on him but its on them too ! Lets move on !!!!!!!!!!!
          What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
            I seem to recall the sentiment when Pirri & D'Amigo left. What happened the next year? Yes, Chase was still there but not many felt the NCAA's would be in the cards.
            Did we actually show up for the NCAAs?
            "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
              I would like a show of hands of everyone that predicted Haggerty wpould score close to 30 goals this year.

How close is "close"?
              "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Did you?

Comment

Originally posted by ibanezist00 View Post
                  I agree with Red Cloud, opportunities for others, but I wonder if we can either get another scoring stud like this to arise, or we can get more depth and get everyone to chip in a little bit. That remains to be seen. Personally, I'd rather have the latter if we can't have both.
                  Assuming Kasdorf recovers fully from his injury and regains dominant form, that also can inspire the team in front of him to be more of a cohesive unit and less of a bunch of guys who happen to be skating around on the ice at the same time......

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

I hope that is does not have to last a lifetime.
                    When my father was born, it had been 14 years since the Cubs had last won the World Series. He died at 70, and that was 22 years ago. We are still waiting....

Comment

We didn't show up for the post season in general. With Haggerty gone, I wonder who'll be the focus of our PP.

Comment

Josh Rabbani sure did! Wow, what a hit. If anyone can find that on youtube, please post the link. That would cheer us up mightily! It was a clean open ice hit, shoulder to chest. Just leveled the guy.

Pete Iorizzo:
                        Josh Rabbani, nicknamed "Rambo," just leveled ND's Brad Nelson along the boards. Nelson is down on the ice, being attended to by a trainer.
                        Of course, that was sort of like hitting a beehive with a stick, but still.....

Comment

I'll save us all the time NOBODY !!! That is the point these are kids with raw talent and some have a huge upside and we find out some don't. 2 examples Chace Polacek he was stumbled upon when we recruited Bryan Brutlag I don"t know if anyone else was interested in him or if he was even on scholarship in the beginning but SA whom some here think they know more than him saw something and developed Him into a prolific scorer...now fast forward to Ryan Haggerty a much more visable recruit but as a fast skater and a hard player lets face it his last year on the USNDT in the USHL I believe he scored a grand total of 7 goals and was primaraly used on a checking/energy line and on the PK at RPI SA saw something and this year gave him the opportunity to shine he played on the first line the power play and double shifted in most if not all close games without that 28 goals are not possible. Its scary to think what his senior year would have been but He seized the opportunity to take the next step as a 21 year old that opportunity was not going to be there forever so he did the right thing and we all wish him all the luck in the world. so who is the next big thing who knows but aI have a couple candidates. Mike Zelewski has a huge upside and is already a legit big time D1 player will he takke the next step, I certainly believe Bubela has a huge up side and suspect he had some sort of nagging injury that led to a somewhat indiffernt year but he certainly has talent and Mark Miller kind of reminds me of a young Haggerty who knows but the talent is there we have a good class coming in. So I for one am looking for forward to next year SA is not going anywhere so we all need to get off our high horse and get back to talking about our recruits and who needs to step up and that stuff because accussing the coach of not knowing how to recruit,not developing players and my favorite not making adjustments is just silly 99.9% of the posters on this board wouldn"t know what an on ice adjustment looked like if they got crotch chopped with one. If we have an issue its with consistant effort the coach has said it a 1000 times to the point peaple on this board make fun of him(Engineer Hockey that is coach speak for effort without calling them out in public) but he doesn't run away from it and takes responsibility for it so thats on him but its on them too ! Lets move on !!!!!!!!!!!
                          Thanks once again for your cogent analysis. I recall somewhere after the 20th game this season that I pointed out that Rensselaer seemed to be an average team as evidenced by its performance to date. You replied that if I thought this team wasn't good then I knew nothing about hockey. Well I was wrong. They weren't a .500 team - they were less. So stay in your little bubble and fantasize about how good we will be next year with our coach who sees talent where nobody else does? Dream on.

Comment

Thanks once again for your cogent analysis. I recall somewhere after the 20th game this season that I pointed out that Rensselaer seemed to be an average team as evidenced by its performance to date. You replied that if I thought this team wasn't good then I knew nothing about hockey. Well I was wrong. They weren't a .500 team - they were less. So stay in your little bubble and fantasize about how good we will be next year with our coach who sees talent where nobody else does? Dream on.
                            This guy can claim the opposite all he wants. Nothing will convince me that what happened on Sunday made him anything less than elated the way he talks to people and the way he talks about the team.

Comment

I certainly believe Bubela has a huge up side and suspect he had some sort of nagging injury that led to a somewhat indiffernt year
                              From a hit by a goon in Albany?
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by rjohntute View Post
                                We didn't show up for the post season in general. With Haggerty gone, I wonder who'll be the focus of our PP.
                                Something tells me Bubs will pull a Helfrich and we'll see that dynamic duo show up again. We already know what they can do, but the sophomore slump caught up to them.

Comment

Working...
                                X