This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Offseason Thread: 7 Months of Drivel

Official banquet summary with team awards http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/201...426142139.aspx.

Edit: Unofficial comments are certainly welcome too.
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-26-2014, 07:33 PM.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by rsfs04 View Post
      What makes you think Adam is a better coach than Appert? He has five years of coaching experience, two of them as head coach. I have not watched much in ways of Caps games in the last two years, but I've never gotten the feeling they were a great coached team. They lost in the first round last year, and missed the playoffs this year, not much on his resume to say we must have this man.

And personally, I get the feeling Oates has no interest in coaching in the college game. I could be dead wrong, but that's the vibe I get from him.
      He seemed to have his good points and his problems as a coach, but IMO the Caps' problems were not mainly his.

I suspect that you are correct that he doesn't have much interest to coach at a college. He also probably does not have the necessary contacts to recruit college players although his playing ability would certainly open the door to recruiting forwards at a minimum, and he wouldn't be the first person to coach college without a coaching history there.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 27 April 2014. There are 160 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 4 October 2014 for the start of next season.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by vicious View Post
          sorry to report that as of this morning, Adam Oates now has a lot more time on his hands.
          Ovie the Cancer strikes again
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Today is 28 April 2014. There are 159 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
              Ovie the Cancer strikes again
              A most impressive plus/MINUS, -35, ranked 753 of 755 players this season. Normally you have to work very hard to reach such a milestone but in his case it was just the opposite. He was the main reason why Washington did not make the playoffs - the poison in the locker room. He sealed Oates' fate after all you can't fire the 'star.'
              "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Comment

Today is 29 April 2014. There are 158 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Charlene Markham's report on the banquet:

Part 1 http://rpihockey.net/blog/?p=515
                  Part 2 http://rpihockey.net/blog/?p=517
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 30 April 2014. There are 157 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

When he got to his personal thank-yous, Guy especially thanked the fans for their support “whether we’re winning or struggling”
                      Nice that he didn't say "thanks to most of the fans except for two or three obnoxious posters on the USCHO team thread."
                      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        He seemed to have his good points and his problems as a coach, but IMO the Caps' problems were not mainly his.

I suspect that you are correct that he doesn't have much interest to coach at a college. He also probably does not have the necessary contacts to recruit college players although his playing ability would certainly open the door to recruiting forwards at a minimum, and he wouldn't be the first person to coach college without a coaching history there.
                        I am an unabashed Adam Oates fan/home/fanboy, but his teams were incredibly unprepared. His mouthing off was his trademark style to get fired and away from one of the most overrated all-around players in Ovechkin; see his quotes prior to getting traded from the Bruins as evidence of him speaking up to get out.
                        Last edited by ServinisScores; 04-30-2014, 07:13 PM.
                        Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

• Originally posted by DeepRed72 View Post
                          A most impressive plus/MINUS, -35, ranked 753 of 755 players this season. Normally you have to work very hard to reach such a milestone but in his case it was just the opposite. He was the main reason why Washington did not make the playoffs - the poison in the locker room. He sealed Oates' fate after all you can't fire the 'star.'
                          If my math is right - 3 head coaches, 1 GM and counting. I would've traded him for a wheelbarrow load of picks about 3 yrs ago ..,

Oatsie will be back in NHL in short order. Mark it down.
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

I'm still waiting for my invite. ... I'm Irish , what can I say. I buy three season tickets and drop a ton of other dough to support the team and I don't get an email or snail mail invite...weak from an organizational perspective. I

Comment

• Hockey mtg in Naples. Said to be considering the Rich Flair (Mongo) Bennett rule. - I .e. mandatory suspensions for end of game melees. Also , looking at OT procedures and the push to 3/4 visors from full cages.

Comment

Today is 1 May 2014. There are 156 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X