Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Offseason Thread: 7 Months of Drivel

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: RPI Offseason Thread: 7 Months of Drivel

    Originally posted by RPI_2003 View Post
    Thanks. You bring up a good point. I'm trying to get the discussion to go in a positive direction instead of all the negativity, sarcasm, and name-calling.
    I'm done then. Got nothing else.
    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

    Comment


    • Re: RPI Offseason Thread: 7 Months of Drivel

      Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      I thought that they were cancelled.
      Correct. In fact the ECAC Final Four has been cancelled every year since 2003.
      "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

      Comment


      • Re: RPI Offseason Thread: 7 Months of Drivel

        Originally posted by RPI_2003 View Post
        Thanks. You bring up a good point. I'm trying to get the discussion to go in a positive direction instead of all the negativity, sarcasm, and name-calling.
        We went from Monty and Kurulak to Graham and Vines, and there isn't much of a change. There is one source where, if I were in this position, I would really love to find ideas about what to creatively do on the ice, and that's the players themselves. What made them so successful in juniors? Let's take that, try it in practice, and if it fits to the betterment of the team, put it on the ice for the paying customers. If RPI's mission is to build the leaders of tomorrow, let's give them the opportunity to apply it here.

        Comment


        • Re: RPI Offseason Thread: 7 Months of Drivel

          Originally posted by REDRocket View Post
          Can we still keep Sachi?
          Since we're keeping Seth, we have to keep her too.
          Like a turkey at Thanksgiving, I'm stuffed

          Comment


          • Re: RPI Offseason Thread: 7 Months of Drivel

            Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            You expect one thing, I expect another. I expect the team to be successful on AND off the ice. Why on the ice? Because that sells tickets and brings in money to the Student Union. Big games, such as Freakout, Union, and playoffs, are the team's audition. It's no different from if you were to pitch a company you manage to a potential buyer. If this team cannot get up for big moments to close the sale with, in this case, potential season ticket holders, then you're not teaching a good lesson for after these kids graduate and have to apply major business decisions. This is why winning select games is important.

            I will tell it as it is, and I will speak the truth. If you have opinions to put out there, that's your prerogative. If you want to put your fingers in your ears and not consider other opinions, that is also your prerogative.
            Holy moly, you somehow still managed to completely miss the point... I'm amazed. Also, your comparison is bunk due to the fact that attendance on the average has stayed the same or gone up in recent seasons, along with a myriad of other reasons why it doesn't make any sense.
            Last edited by ibanezist00; 03-12-2014, 11:30 AM.
            Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

            RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

            Comment


            • Re: RPI Offseason Thread: 7 Months of Drivel

              Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              You expect one thing, I expect another. I expect the team to be successful on AND off the ice. Why on the ice? Because that sells tickets and brings in money to the Student Union. Big games, such as Freakout, Union, and playoffs, are the team's audition. It's no different from if you were to pitch a company you manage to a potential buyer. If this team cannot get up for big moments to close the sale with, in this case, potential season ticket holders, then you're not teaching a good lesson for after these kids graduate and have to apply major business decisions. This is why winning select games is important.

              I will tell it as it is, and I will speak the truth. If you have opinions to put out there, that's your prerogative. If you want to put your fingers in your ears and not consider other opinions, that is also your prerogative.
              How can you compare a college hockey team to a business that is performing well enough for a buyer to come after it.
              First of all, the business in already thriving or there would be no buyer. Second, it should have a core management and personnel that have been in place for years. And they would also have the advantage of location and customers to make the business viable.
              A college hockey program loses its leadership every year. The skill set of the players changes every year. The fan base changes with the on ice results every year. And nobody is going to offer to buy the hockey team.
              Coaching a team that changes every year would be a challenge for the best CEO.
              There are and have been great coaches out there that have excelled for decades, but that is a very short list.
              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
              Benjamin Franklin
              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
              Gary Player

              Comment


              • Re: RPI Offseason Thread: 7 Months of Drivel

                Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                How can you compare a college hockey team to a business that is performing well enough for a buyer to come after it.
                First of all, the business in already thriving or there would be no buyer. Second, it should have a core management and personnel that have been in place for years. And they would also have the advantage of location and customers to make the business viable.
                A college hockey program loses its leadership every year. The skill set of the players changes every year. The fan base changes with the on ice results every year. And nobody is going to offer to buy the hockey team.
                Coaching a team that changes every year would be a challenge for the best CEO.
                There are and have been great coaches out there that have excelled for decades, but that is a very short list.
                You've never seen Shark Tank, have you...

                Comment


                • Re: RPI Offseason Thread: 7 Months of Drivel

                  Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  Can we also fire the anthem singer?
                  She'll be graduating this year.
                  RPI Pep Band
                  GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                  🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

                  2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click Champion
                  2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                  2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings Last Place

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                    Everyone seems to overlook our 31-year cycle. We are not scheduled to win the NCAAs again until 2016.
                    In that case, then we will be ECAC Champions next season, since they won it in 1984 and 1985.

                    Comment


                    • Re: RPI Offseason Thread: 7 Months of Drivel

                      Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      they don't perfectly conform to your socialist manifesto
                      Where is the socialism, and where is the manifesto? You remind me of the comments section of every news article where inevitably it turns political. The article could be about how blueberries are good for you and suddenly the comments are talking about how Obama is a kenyan Muslim socialist commie traitor, and how Michelle Obama is also a socialist-in-crime for pushing blueberries on kids.
                      Last edited by ibanezist00; 03-12-2014, 12:42 PM.
                      Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

                      RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by ibanezist00 View Post
                        Where is the socialism, and where is the manifesto? You remind me of the comments section of every news article where inevitably something becomes political. The article could be about how blueberries are good for you and suddenly the comments are talking about how Obama is a kenyan Muslim socialist commie traitor, and how Michelle Obama is also a socialist-in-crime for pushing good health habits on kids.
                        Now that's drivel. Let's keep the conversation to hockey (or hockey related) matters.

                        Comment


                        • Re: RPI Offseason Thread: 7 Months of Drivel

                          Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                          Now that's drivel. Let's keep the conversation to hockey (or hockey related) matters.
                          My apologies. So, I say we stop complaining, as a group, about Appert considering he's not going anywhere next season. Anyone else think that it's more a mental toughness issue that this team suffers?
                          Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

                          RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

                          Comment


                          • Re: RPI Offseason Thread: 7 Months of Drivel

                            Ryan Haggerty signs with the Rangers.

                            http://snyrangersblog.com/rangers/ne...ce=twitterfeed
                            QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS


                            ECAC Regular Season Champions
                            2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

                            ECAC Tournament Champions
                            2016

                            NCAA Tournament
                            2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

                            NCAA Frozen Four
                            2013, 2016

                            https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                            https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
                            https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                            https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

                            Comment


                            • Re: RPI Offseason Thread: 7 Months of Drivel

                              Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                              Ryan Haggerty signs with the Rangers.

                              http://snyrangersblog.com/rangers/ne...ce=twitterfeed
                              Congratulations to Ryan. Normally I would be upset with the team he is going to, but if he is good, they will trade him for a veteran who won't get them to where they want to go.
                              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                              Benjamin Franklin
                              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                              Gary Player

                              Comment


                              • Re: RPI Offseason Thread: 7 Months of Drivel

                                Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                                Congratulations to Ryan. Normally I would be upset with the team he is going to, but if he is good, they will trade him for a veteran who won't get them to where they want to go.
                                I would be upset as well but would love the chance to see him as a Blueshirt. All the best as he works to make a go of it in the pros.
                                APBWiki

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X