Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What Happened to the LSSU Off Season Thread?

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
    Someone went after Shawhan and Joe gave his e-mail address and phone number and told the person to stop the lie about his misrepesenting himself when they hired him as an assistant and he had two days to get the truth out or Shawhan would . Then someone else went after Shawhan accusing him of no class because he was defending himself . I sent Shawhan an e-mail and told him way to go and I was behind him all the way .
    sm2pk, didn't it seem like Shawhan's comments seemed as though they were directed at our former coach and/or his spouse?? That's the way I took it anyway? It sucks that our whole thread was deleted but i get it, if this is to be our new thread hopefully people will ignore the trolls that have been in full force recently!

Comment

There was a poster who had made the accusation regarding Shawhan's status when hired at NMU and why he was not hired as a full time assistant. The answer to that question was very simple. At the time Joe joined the NMU program, Rob Facca and John Kyle were the full time assistants and John Lehtinen, the volunteer assistant. Shawhan worked that season on the Hockey Ops side. When Facca left to take the assistant spot under Jeff Blashill at Western Michigan, Shawhan got that spot. And remains there today.
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

I along with most of us know that Davyd. Walt even wanted Joey before he eventually went to Northern. They have a quality Man in Mr Shawhan I have nothing but respect for him.

And please refrain from feeding the trolls in this thread.
        BLEED BLUE

Comment

Or Shawhan knows who the person is. In the past we have all said things about Roque,Borek,Anzalone ,but we always said things about the coaching and never have any us on on here made it personal. I think even though we may have issues with coaches ,we almost went out of our way to state that as persons, they seem like great people and easy to like. The thread today was personal.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
            Or Shawhan knows who the person is. In the past we have all said things about Roque,Borek,Anzalone ,but we always said things about the coaching and never have any us on on here made it personal. I think even though we may have issues with coaches ,we almost went out of our way to state that as persons, they seem like great people and easy to like. The thread today was personal.
            I didn't think it was too extreme. A little personal, yes, but not that bad. Maybe the inclusion of a phone number and e-mail address was too personal for the board moderator? Maybe there was another post this afternoon that was too extreme for the moderator that he (the mod) saw but we didn't? Joe basically called out the Roques and told them to straighten out their lies or he would do so here on the forum. I think most of us assume that at least one and probably more of the new users on here since Jim Roque was fired is actually Julia Roque, and Joe was responding to one of those posts which he felt was from her. I've seen far nastier posts on some of the political threads in the Cafe although I don't follow those that close.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill View Post
              I didn't think it was too extreme. A little personal, yes, but not that bad. Maybe the inclusion of a phone number and e-mail address was too personal for the board moderator? Maybe there was another post this afternoon that was too extreme for the moderator that he (the mod) saw but we didn't? Joe basically called out the Roques and told them to straighten out their lies or he would do so here on the forum. I think most of us assume that at least one and probably more of the new users on here since Jim Roque was fired is actually Julia Roque, and Joe was responding to one of those posts which he felt was from her. I've seen far nastier posts on some of the political threads in the Cafe although I don't follow those that close.
              I highly doubt a currently employed collegiate coach would post on this, or any other site. My guess is those who actually emailed him tipped him off to the fact that someone was posting under his name. Then he contacted the site administrator to have that post removed. I'd almost be willing to lay money on it was the fact someone was impersonating him that got that thread shutdown.

Comment

Originally posted by pdt1081 View Post
                I highly doubt a currently employed collegiate coach would post on this, or any other site. My guess is those who actually emailed him tipped him off to the fact that someone was posting under his name. Then he contacted the site administrator to have that post removed. I'd almost be willing to lay money on it was the fact someone was impersonating him that got that thread shutdown.
                Agreed. Thanks for bringing some common sense to our thread.

Comment

For posterity's sake, I am going to undelete the earlier thread, move these posts into it and close it. Use the other thread that has been created.
                  If there are trolls in your threads, don't bother replying to them, just report them.

Comment

Working...
                  X