X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2014 off season thread

Originally posted by Dutchfan View Post
    If the PC assistant mentioned earlier in this thread is Ben Barr, then I would hope that the committee takes a long look at hiring him. He may not have any head coaching experience, but he played a major role in recruiting the seniors and juniors that just led Union to the National Championship and has done a great job so far in recruiting at Providence. Ben has created a great recruiting network and is the perfect type of candidate that Lake State should be looking for in their search. He's young, well-spoken, and highly motivated. He's the perfect guy to bring much-needed excitement back to the school and community.
    Sorry, no real coaching experience is a no-go. Needs to bring more to the table than just recruiting skills.

Comment

Originally posted by Pink Pony View Post
      Seriously. clean house.

Just finished in 9th and you want to keep a bunch of reruns.

Rich Metro stay in France. Doug LaPrade stay selling insurance. Tim Christian you had your chance.

This program doesn't want to improve. Get all new blood in.
      ... including the AD!

Comment

Originally posted by DM2SM View Post
        In addition Rich Metro has indicated privately to at least a member of the community that he is interested in returning as an assistant coach if he does not get the Head position.
        I've heard that the team he coached in France folded due to lack of financial support, so Metro is unemployed currently as well.

Comment

Job Description Qualifications are "Bachelor's degree; three to five years experience in college hockey as a coach; knowledge of college hockey; thorough understanding of NCAA rules and regulations."

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchfan View Post
            If the PC assistant mentioned earlier in this thread is Ben Barr, then I would hope that the committee takes a long look at hiring him. He may not have any head coaching experience, but he played a major role in recruiting the seniors and juniors that just led Union to the National Championship and has done a great job so far in recruiting at Providence. Ben has created a great recruiting network and is the perfect type of candidate that Lake State should be looking for in their search. He's young, well-spoken, and highly motivated. He's the perfect guy to bring much-needed excitement back to the school and community.
            Dutchfan, thanks for the info on Barr. I don't know if he is the PC assistant who has applied. Be aware that there are small group of Jim Roque supporters who can't get over the fact he was fired and move on. They were pretty active on here the first week or so after he was fired and again this week. Plus we have the Pony and Truth trolls.

Comment

Originally posted by LakerBuff View Post
              Sorry, no real coaching experience is a no-go. Needs to bring more to the table than just recruiting skills.
              So you probably also think that Jeff Jackson should not have been hired as LSSU coach in 1990?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nosferatu View Post
                Job Description Qualifications are "Bachelor's degree; three to five years experience in college hockey as a coach; knowledge of college hockey; thorough understanding of NCAA rules and regulations."
                Damon Whitten.

Comment

• Originally posted by Laker75 View Post
                  I've heard that the team he coached in France folded due to lack of financial support, so Metro is unemployed currently as well.
                  With Comley who has coached Metro. I would imagine he is part of the old boys club to return as AC.

Give some young guys a chance with Lakers ties to be AC like Tyler Walsh, Francis Anzalone and Comley Jr.
                  Last edited by Pink Pony; 04-18-2014, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                    So you probably also think that Jeff Jackson should not have been hired as LSSU coach in 1990?
                    Bill, your the best source of information on here so this is not intended as a rude comeback. Jeff Jackson won National Titles coaching Junior Hockey in St. Clair Shore of the NAHL prior to coming to LSSC as an assistant coach. Just for clarification.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill View Post
                      Dutchfan, thanks for the info on Barr. I don't know if he is the PC assistant who has applied. Be aware that there are small group of Jim Roque supporters who can't get over the fact he was fired and move on. They were pretty active on here the first week or so after he was fired and again this week. Plus we have the Pony and Truth trolls.
                      Who died and made you moderator of this board? We're all entitled to our opinions and yours is no more 'valid' than anyone else's. I am growing very tired of your holier-than-thou attitude and sense of entitlement. Many of us have been following the Lakers for 30+ years!
                      http://livingwithinsects.files.wordp.../midge-001.png

Comment

• Originally posted by Dutchfan View Post
                        Sounds good. Fresh start.

Hope the PC Assistant isn't Jamie Russell.
                        Last edited by Pink Pony; 04-18-2014, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DM2SM View Post
                          Bill, your the best source of information on here so this is not intended as a rude comeback. Jeff Jackson won National Titles coaching Junior Hockey in St. Clair Shore of the NAHL prior to coming to LSSC as an assistant coach. Just for clarification.
                          Yes, I know that Jeff had coached at the Junior level, but LakerBuff was basically saying that the PC assistant wasn't qualified as far as he was concerned and I doubt he took the time to see if the PC guy had any head coaching experience at a lower level. Thank you for the Search Committee update by the way.
                          Last edited by Bill; 04-18-2014, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by michiganmidge View Post
                            Who died and made you moderator of this board? We're all entitled to our opinions and yours is no more 'valid' than anyone else's. I am growing very tired of your holier-than-thou attitude and sense of entitlement. Many of us have been following the Lakers for 30+ years!
                            Just for clarification, I didn't mean "move on" from this forum, but "move on" from the fact that Jim has been fired. What's done is done.

Comment

• Originally posted by LakerBuff View Post
                              People skills, great communications skills, gets involved with the community and includes the local youth hockey(Dunbar wouldn't know).,and has the players interact with locals.

Inter squad games at the Pullar. They need more community involvement with the next coach. To much community separation from the LSSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by LakerBuff View Post
                                ... including the AD!
                                Her kid doesn't even play in the Soo hockey association.

She drives an hour south for her kid to play hockey. Good PR.

Comment

Working...
                                X