NCHC First Round: Miami University at St. Cloud State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SCSU Beat Anyone View Post
    I hope SCSU gets throttled in the NCAA, if they even make it now.
    Way to be a fan buddy.
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Re: NCHC First Round: Miami University at St. Cloud State

On to Minneapolis. This is getting interesting...
      http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

What purpose would that serve?
        Originally posted by SJHovey
        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
        Originally posted by Brenthoven
        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Miami deserved to win. Good luck next weekend in Minneapolis. How far can SCSU fall after getting swept.
          I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
            Miami deserved to win. Good luck next weekend in Minneapolis. How far can SCSU fall after getting swept.
            Not far enough to keep them out of the tournament. Probably end up as a 3 seed. Season ain't over.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
              What purpose would that serve?
              They deserve it? This team isn't that good, sweet they won the cup for regular season champions. You're up 2-0 after 2, and you come out and try to play prevent hockey. It NEVER works, and it was a prime example again tonight. Motzko needs to seriously learn how to make in game adjustments, you ever watch him behind the bench? Seriously, do it one time. He got his famous pose, just lean against the glass and don't say much to your players all game long. Also it's funny when he's got his glasses down to the end of his nose, looks like a grandpa. And don't get me started on Faragher, the guy sucks and yet Motzko thinks he is the greatest thing since sliced bread. The only person that I thought had a good weekend was Gravel.

Comment

I don't usually side with Tipsy, but you sir, are an absolute idiot.
                AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

St. Cloud will make the NCAAs. They have some work to do over the next two weeks if they expect to play more than once, though.
                  St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Congrats to the Red Hawks. They came into The Brooks Center and willed themselves to win. Worked harder and worked smarter than SCSU. My homer view is that now the Huskies can take a break, heal up Prochno and get back on track. Maybe some consistency will appear, because now it is one loss and go home. The other good news is that SCSU are done with home games for the year!! For whatever reason, the Huskies were much better on the road. They have been a high-energy cohesive unit all season and a pleasure to watch. Hope the season extends, but it won't get very far by giving up 4+ goals a game . . .

ASIDE from the results, the Huskies-Red Hawks played hard-nosed hockey all weekend. Very little chippy/dirty play. The Red Hawks have impressed the Husky faithful by beating us 4 out of 6 times this season. Hope they run the table the rest of the way. A rematch at the Frozen Four would be a great hockey game!!

Comment

• Re: NCHC First Round: Miami University at St. Cloud State

Originally posted by The Boomer View Post
                      Congrats to the Red Hawks. They came into The Brooks Center and willed themselves to win. Worked harder and worked smarter than SCSU. My homer view is that now the Huskies can take a break, heal up Prochno and get back on track. Maybe some consistency will appear, because now it is one loss and go home. The other good news is that SCSU are done with home games for the year!! For whatever reason, the Huskies were much better on the road. They have been a high-energy cohesive unit all season and a pleasure to watch. Hope the season extends, but it won't get very far by giving up 4+ goals a game . . .

ASIDE from the results, the Huskies-Red Hawks played hard-nosed hockey all weekend. Very little chippy/dirty play. The Red Hawks have impressed the Husky faithful by beating us 4 out of 6 times this season. Hope they run the table the rest of the way. A rematch at the Frozen Four would be a great hockey game!!
                      Clearly the teams match up well. There were four one-goal games, but Miami won three of those four. SCSU actually has a bit of an advantage heading into the tournament. Rest, get healthy and ready. Their spot looks pretty secure as they are currently tied for 9th in the PWR. Bubble teams will be rooting against Miami who has nothing to lose next weekend. Hopefully they play loose in Minneapolis as they did this weekend. I was surprised SCSU did not win Friday after the dramatic comeback -- we always lose in those situations. Huskies have to work on the PK and their defensive zone coverage. Certainly Faragher wasn't great, but he didn't get a lot of help. That's been our story all year....poor defense with average goaltending. But, if the offense is clicking again, then we can allow a few goals and still win. That's how Miami is going to advance. We're not going to win a lot of 2-1 games.
                      http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
                        Clearly the teams match up well. There were four one-goal games, but Miami won three of those four. SCSU actually has a bit of an advantage heading into the tournament. Rest, get healthy and ready. Their spot looks pretty secure as they are currently tied for 9th in the PWR. Bubble teams will be rooting against Miami who has nothing to lose next weekend. Hopefully they play loose in Minneapolis as they did this weekend. I was surprised SCSU did not win Friday after the dramatic comeback -- we always lose in those situations. Huskies have to work on the PK and their defensive zone coverage. Certainly Faragher wasn't great, but he didn't get a lot of help. That's been our story all year....poor defense with average goaltending. But, if the offense is clicking again, then we can allow a few goals and still win. That's how Miami is going to advance. We're not going to win a lot of 2-1 games.
                        Congrats to Miami and good luck next weekend. I agree that we have some time to get Prochno back in the lineup and get the team healthy. We really missed him this weekend. Hopefully things work out for the best for the Huskies in the NCAA's.

Comment

• Originally posted by SCSU Beat Anyone View Post
                          They deserve it? This team isn't that good, sweet they won the cup for regular season champions. You're up 2-0 after 2, and you come out and try to play prevent hockey. It NEVER works, and it was a prime example again tonight. Motzko needs to seriously learn how to make in game adjustments, you ever watch him behind the bench? Seriously, do it one time. He got his famous pose, just lean against the glass and don't say much to your players all game long. Also it's funny when he's got his glasses down to the end of his nose, looks like a grandpa. And don't get me started on Faragher, the guy sucks and yet Motzko thinks he is the greatest thing since sliced bread. The only person that I thought had a good weekend was Gravel.
                          I am rooting for this team to lose in the NCAAs too. And then I will root for the team next year to lose every game. And then next two years after that, as well. Until every player that was on the ice is no longer playing for SCSU. Maybe that will teach them a lesson.
                          Originally posted by SJHovey
                          Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                          Originally posted by Brenthoven
                          We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Clearly the reason St. Cloud lost is the ghost of Maurice Richard....still mad about plagiarizing the Canandiens logo. Even the Whioux got rid of the Blackhawk logo, maybe the Huskies need to get an original logo.
                            tUMD season ticket holder since 1983-84.

Comment

• Originally posted by SCSU Beat Anyone View Post
                              Someone needs to strap this guy to a rocket and fire him at the sun.

Comment

That was terrible to be sure, and I'd always rather win than lose, but I see some silver linings here too. Like others, I think it will be good to have the extra week to get Prochno all the way back and try to work out a defensive plan that works. Also, we had been playing good D/bad D every-other game, so maybe we just saved up a couple good games for the NCAAs
                                SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
                                UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
                                Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
                                Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
                                UMD Football: 2008, 2010
                                UMD Men: 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X