NCHC First Round: Miami University at St. Cloud State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    0.1 seconds remaining and Gravel nets it. Holy ****!
    I jumped off of the couch so fast I forgot I was pulling for Miami.... CRAZY game... Very entertaining!
    Whiney Ferris Knuckle-dragger:"You're exactly right, the WMU students & fans are out of control. The Lawson Lunatics are a bunch of wild animals with zero class or civility"

Comment

Re: NCHC First Round: Miami University at St. Cloud State

I'm forced to repeat myself...we need to stop giving up 4+ goals every other game or we'll be out of the NCAAs in the first two rounds.
      SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
      UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
      Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
      Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
      UMD Football: 2008, 2010
      UMD Men: 2011

Comment

Defense has to step it up. Goalies are both dicey. They gave up the 4th goal 30 seconds after they tied it up and it was embarrassing how they let the Miami player cake walk to the net. Defensemen are still not putting bodies on guys.
        Originally posted by SJHovey
        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
        Originally posted by Brenthoven
        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
          Defense has to step it up. Goalies are both dicey. They gave up the 4th goal 30 seconds after they tied it up and it was embarrassing how they let the Miami player cake walk to the net. Defensemen are still not putting bodies on guys.
          Just goes to show you how much missing one player (Jensen) can change your whole team. Seems like State needs one of their defensemen to standup and take on that hard-nosed leadership type role.

Comment

How can you let a team from Florida beat you... that's pretty Jan-like.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
              How can you let a team from Florida beat you... that's pretty Jan-like.
              Miami would beat MSU, OSU or PSU 8 times out of 10.
              Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
              We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Not looking to get into it with State fans, but couldn't it be argued that since they've won 3 of the 5 this year against you guys that they'd beat SCSU 6 times out of 10?

Comment

Originally posted by The Exiled One View Post
                  Really? I've always viewed Miami as an incredibly strong recruiter. You landed Coleman, Barber, Czarnik, Wideman, McKay, Kuraly and a bunch of others at the peaks of their prospective values. That is, you stole away high profile guys at the peak of their hype. That doesn't mean that they're all performing as well as you've hoped, but it does mean you have a strong value proposition.

SCSU generally doesn't out compete for recruits. Gibbons finds guys before they hit their peak and is generally more right than wrong. Brodzinski, Murray, Benik, and Dowd are great examples of this. He's also nabbed a few Europeans that nobody knew were considering college hockey (Kossila and Ilvonen).

Are you saying that Miami has not been as good evaluating prospects lately? Do you have any specific examples?
                  If I recall correctly, this is the Bronco troll that for some reason is obsessed with us. And, if I recall, he's referring to one player, Shane Berschbach who, yes, was initially signed by Miami, but later had his scholarship rescinded because of off-ice behavior. He's been a solid, if not unspectacular player with Western Michigan. It is what it is. Rico asks a lot of guys. Berschbach didn't live up to his end of the bargain therefore was released from his commitment.

All that said, Rico has often over-recruited. With all the guys that de-committed over the past few years, it's no wonder we had a down year even with all the offensive talent. Our defense corps lost a ton, is young and when you have two kids, Connor Murphy (1st round pick) and Pat Sieloff, de-commit, that's going to sting. Plus, remember Tyler Biggs (1st round pick) played a season with Miami and left early, Ryan Hartman de-committed and there may be another one I'm forgetting. All those guys were part of USA's gold medal winning U20 team in 2013 (as of course were current RedHawks Sean Kuraly and Riley Barber). And, all those guys signed with the CHL.

I'd say Rico has NO problem recruiting. What he has to do is get the right mix of team guys and talented guys. But, to suggest he's made "big mistakes" is laughable and spiteful.

Oh, and go RedHawks.
                  Last edited by redhawk95; 03-15-2014, 07:35 AM.
                  http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Originally posted by ShotFromThePoint View Post
                    Not looking to get into it with State fans, but couldn't it be argued that since they've won 3 of the 5 this year against you guys that they'd beat SCSU 6 times out of 10?
                    Just looking for 2 out of 3 this weekend.
                    http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
                      If I recall correctly, this is the Bronco troll that for some reason is obsessed with us. And, if I recall, he's referring to one player, Shane Berschbach who, yes, was initially signed by Miami, but later had his scholarship rescinded because of off-ice behavior. He's been a solid, if not unspectacular player with Western Michigan. It is what it is. Rico asks a lot of guys. Berschbach didn't live up to his end of the bargain therefore was released from his commitment.
                      It was adorable at the time how some Bronco fans tried to spin that situation as a recruiting coup for Blashill.

Comment

Yeah, Miami's 36 PWR scares MSU at 37 and OSU at 22. Neither does their SOS or any NACHO SOS for that matter.

Hope your series goes 3 sweetheart.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          Yeah, Miami's 36 PWR scares MSU at 37 and OSU at 22. Neither does their SOS or any NACHO SOS for that matter.

Hope your series goes 3 sweetheart.

You do know Miami swept OSU right?
                          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

How in the hell do you figure that?! MU, before yesterday, had won what? 3 of their last 17 or 18 games?

Maybe if all 10 of the games were played before the middle of November. But from the middle of November until last weekend basically, MU was arguably the worst performing team in all of college hockey. And yeah, I know that MU swept OSU way back in that period I mentioned, before the middle of November, but MSU has had their moments as has PSU, and if the games were spread out, 2 games in Nov, 2 in Dec, 2 in Jan, 2 in Feb and 2 in March, all 3 of those teams would probably have won anywhere from 3-7 games vs MU. Friggin CC has 6 wins on the whole year yet were able to beat MU 6-1 when they split their one 2 game series this year.

And I don't know that any other college team was able to lose to the U-18 team, either?!

But good thing for SCSU I guess, at least in the eyes of MU fans. How many wins vs NCHC foes does Miami have? 7? and 3 of those wins came against SCSU. Congrats, SCSU all by themselves are keeping MU in the mix.

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                              You do know Miami swept OSU right?
                              Context. Do you think the current Miami team would beat the current UND team 6-2 again? Not only were the games months ago when the play of both teams was 180 degrees from now, but one series alone doesn't negate the PWR and SOS of the teams mentioned.

Don't take my comments the wrong way - I'm not ripping on SCSU, Miami or the NCHC just countering Dipsy's ignorance. I think SCSU and UND could be dangerous in the NCAAs and don't assume any postseason success for UM.

Comment

Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
                                How in the hell do you figure that?!
                                I have seen all of the teams play. Glad the Gopher ****** brigade could come through our thread to troll. Wasn't expecting any less... Obsession.

Comment

Working...
                                X