NCHC First Round: Miami University at St. Cloud State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCHC First Round: Miami University at St. Cloud State

Prochno was back at practice/skating yesterday, they had today off.
    Full practice tomorrow.
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
      Prochno was back at practice/skating yesterday, they had today off.
      Full practice tomorrow.
      I was hoping they only held Prochno and Morley out last weekend as a precaution. Here's hoping they're both back this week.
      St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

The TMQ guy was asked to pick one matchup that would be an upset in any of the tournaments. This series is the one he picked.

Don't really agree, but it's kind of interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
          Where they immediately crapped the bed leading into the NCAAs.
          Yeah well don't feel too special...so did UND and the Gophers. There were a lot of disappointed fans at that tourney. Glad I went out and drank with my SCSU friends before we went back to the X for the Gopher game. By the time they lost, I was numbed up enough.

Comment

Would like to see a few Miami fans perspectives about this weekend.
            SCSU!

Comment

Originally posted by ShotFromThePoint View Post
              By the time they lost, I was numbed up enough.
              And so was the the gopher fan that was yelling embezzlement

Comment

Originally posted by ShotFromThePoint View Post
                Yeah well don't feel too special...so did UND and the Gophers. There were a lot of disappointed fans at that tourney. Glad I went out and drank with my SCSU friends before we went back to the X for the Gopher game. By the time they lost, I was numbed up enough.
                Any tourney that Yale wins will obviously leave virtually everyone disappointed. Even non-hockey fans I'd imagine. I guess there are one or two Ylae fans here that lived it up, but that's about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                  Any tourney that Yale wins will obviously leave virtually everyone disappointed. Even non-hockey fans I'd imagine. I guess there are one or two Ylae fans here that lived it up, but that's about it.
                  I was referring to the WCHA Final Five tourney, but yes that was a dissappointing tournament as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Husky4Life View Post
                    Would like to see a few Miami fans perspectives about this weekend.
                    We're just lurking around and trying to avoid getting hopes up... not a lot of engagement, much less optimism, at this point. It's been a long time since we've had such a downer of a regular season.

The return of Blake Coleman has obviously been a big boost (he scored all of Miami's goals in the split at Denver this past weekend), but he can't carry the offense by himself. Defense has been rough, goaltending has been inconsistent. All that aside, though, Miami looked better in Saturday's final period than they have most of the season. If that's the team that shows up this weekend, anything could happen.
                    Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

In the past few years Miami had talks with recruits that they ended up not making offers ,that have gone on to other teams and done well.Recruiting has made some big mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeynut92 View Post
                        In the past few years Miami had talks with recruits that they ended up not making offers ,that have gone on to other teams and done well.Recruiting has made some big mistakes.
                        Really? I've always viewed Miami as an incredibly strong recruiter. You landed Coleman, Barber, Czarnik, Wideman, McKay, Kuraly and a bunch of others at the peaks of their prospective values. That is, you stole away high profile guys at the peak of their hype. That doesn't mean that they're all performing as well as you've hoped, but it does mean you have a strong value proposition.

SCSU generally doesn't out compete for recruits. Gibbons finds guys before they hit their peak and is generally more right than wrong. Brodzinski, Murray, Benik, and Dowd are great examples of this. He's also nabbed a few Europeans that nobody knew were considering college hockey (Kossila and Ilvonen).

Are you saying that Miami has not been as good evaluating prospects lately? Do you have any specific examples?
                        scsuhockey.com
                        CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Game... Day...?
                          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

For those unaware, the games will be on Fox Sports North this weekend. Pretty cool.
                            Originally posted by SJHovey
                            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                            Originally posted by Brenthoven
                            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                              For those unaware, the games will be on Fox Sports North this weekend. Pretty cool.
                              Glad they're going to be streamed for free too. Props to the NCHC on that move.

Comment

0.1 seconds remaining and Gravel nets it. Holy ****!
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X