X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCHC First Round: Miami University at St. Cloud State

The champs are here!

1>0
    St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Re: NCHC First Round: Miami University at St. Cloud State

Split in the first two series this year, I think we will get another split this time.
    Originally posted by SJHovey
    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
    Originally posted by Brenthoven
    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Might as well end Miami's season two years in a row

Comment

This one goes the distance, and I wouldn't be shocked for it to go to OT on Sunday
        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

The loss to Western Mich was hard last night, but I'm glad you guys have Miami. Should be a good series.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
            The loss to Western Mich was hard last night, but I'm glad you guys have Miami. Should be a good series.

The way WMU played us in our building, I would not have wanted to play them the final weekend. Tough team to play against. Congrats to UND on one hell of run down the stretch. It was a fun season that came down to the wire. 3 teams could have taken home the hardware. Fortunately SCSU pulled it out. This is going to be a **** fine league.

It was fun while it lasted. New season begins. Everyone is now 0-0-0. Now we get to watch these young men play to extend their seasons. College Hockey is the most under appreciated sport in the nation.

Anyone that looks past this Miami team is making a foolish mistake. I expect this series to go the distance as well. If MU wins Friday night, SCSU will be in deep. This may be one of Bob's greatest challenges to put the cup race behind them and get focused for a quality opponent. (Records mean nothing, if Blake Coleman is healthy-no way Miami is 8th).

Comment

Miami will not be a threat to St Cloud

Comment

Originally posted by hockeynut92 View Post
                Miami will not be a threat to St Cloud
                Agreed. As Starman said during the game when we played them a couple fridays ago, this team has no scoring threat after the first line. The defense also isn't as good as it was last year. Add in the fact that we are playing at the NHC and I don't think we have much to worry about.
                Originally posted by SJHovey
                Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                Originally posted by Brenthoven
                We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

It won't be easy, but then again, as keeps being said every week, no series in this league is easy.
                  I still think we pull this out, if it goes 3, then so be it.
                  But Miami did end up last in defense and 2nd worst in offense for a reason.
                  Yes they can be dangerous, but if we play the way we are capable of (read: NO 2ND PERIOD LETDOWNS!) we will be just fine.
                  "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                  Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                  Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                    Split in the first two series this year, I think we will get another split this time.
                    So no team moves on?

Comment

What's interesting is Faragher's overall numbers .909 sv% 2.66 GAA aren't that different from McKay's .913 sv% 2.70 GAA. The team around you makes quite a difference, eh?
                      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

I think you also need to take into consideration the possible low after the high now that the Huskies have gotten their Cup and the desperation of the teams that can only make the NCAAs if they win the tourney. Look at what CC did last year at the Final Five. Not saying that it will happen, but you never know. That's the nice part of a series for the first round though.

I see the Huskies winning this in 3 personally!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronzebacks View Post
                          College Hockey is the most under appreciated sport in the nation.
                          Amen!

Comment

I'd love for the Huskies to do well in the NCHC playoffs, but it's almost meaningless for NCAA implications. They'll probably have to go 4-0, 4-1, or (maybe) 3-1 in order to have a shot at the #4 seed. The worst they can do at this point is 0-2. The next worse is 1-2 or 2-3. Either way, they'll do no worse than #8 PWR, which is a bummer going into the tourney, but a fine seed nonetheless.

Still, I'd REALLY like to see them play at the Target Center. I'm waiting on buying tickets until I know they're in. I'm probably going to go to this Friday's game (assuming they'll have some kind of Penrose Cup ceremony).
                            scsuhockey.com
                            CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Should be a good series. If Huskies win Friday they sweep. OTherwise it goes 3 games and who knows what will happen.
                              I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Working...
                              X