ECAC Playoffs: Dartmouth @ RPI 3/7-9/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ECAC Playoffs: Dartmouth @ RPI 3/7-9/14

Nice box score and stat sheet for us tonight-outshot them fairly well-and not a single RPI boy with a negative +/- for the game.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      Nice box score and stat sheet for us tonight-outshot them fairly well-and not a single RPI boy with a negative +/- for the game.
      Considering that DC's only goal was on the power play, the latter wasn't difficult.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        Considering that DC's only goal was on the power play, the latter wasn't difficult.
        Perhaps i should have added-just about everyone was a +1. Not only what you pointed out-that the lone goal was a power play-but that the lines on the ice all contributed.

Comment

Kep: I would add 'power' and 'food' to that list but would still leave the first 2 as the best choices.
          I'd somewhat agree, except that I am a bit puzzled that you would have "beer" and "food" as separate categories......
          "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

I have my fingers crossed1 that the thread title has a typo.

1hard to type that way though.
            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
              I have my fingers crossed1 that the thread title has a typo.

1hard to type that way though.
              You mean the first round isn't 6 months long? I realize that's not the "typo" you mean, but I'm being obtuse!
              RPI Pep Band
              GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
              🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
              2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
              2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Kep: I would add 'power' and 'food' to that list but would still leave the first 2 as the best choices.
                Money= Power. Didnt you see Wolf of Wall Street ? Many would argue that beer is food.
                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

We have a sunday night game. Everything on the line. Backs against the wall. Win or go home. Cliche after cliche. We all lose an hour of sleep tonight-hopefully playing at home we will be the more rested team with more jump. If we come out and play a first period like we did tonight-I would like to hear the explanation for it.

Comment

If we come out and play a first period like we did tonight-I would like to hear the explanation for it.
                    That might have been the worst 20 minutes I've EVER seen out of us. We were lucky to even have to opportunity to blow it late.
                    RPI Pep Band
                    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

Time to try Plan B. I suppose that is trying Plan A again and hoping for the best. Persoanlly I think it might be interesting to just put all the player names into a hat and pull them out to populate the various lines at forward and defense. That might make things more cohesive than it sounded last night. Post well on the scors thread tonight-I will more than likely not be here until quite late, if at all. We did not show up for most of that game last night, and as bad as i think we played---tonight's prediction==RPI wins 3-1 (with an empty net goal) I might have to rethink that after the antidepressants wear off though.

Comment

I know that we were awful last night, but we lost a one goal game. Diebold kept us in it and gave us a chance to win. It was 2-2 going into the third, and the worst was behind us.
                        The Dartmouth player made a great play to score the winning goal.
                        What I am trying to say, is that we don't need to make changes in personnel, we need to play better for sixty minutes.
                        I believe that we are the better team, and we are playing at home, now go out and take this game.
                        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                        Benjamin Franklin
                        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                        Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                          That might have been the worst 20 minutes I've EVER seen out of us. We were lucky to even have to opportunity to blow it late.
                          You probably haven't been around very long.

I'm thinking, like two weeks or so.
                          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Worst 20 minutes: Miami 07-08, second game, third period.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                              You probably haven't been around very long.

I'm thinking, like two weeks or so.
                              Well, I didn't see the SLU game. Was watching Yale women almost beat Harvard.
                              RPI Pep Band
                              🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

Working...
                              X