• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAA @ UA_ It's Never Too Early to Start The Sports Hate

Originally posted by mmf View Post

Are you guys bringing an Econo-van ?

Go Nooks!
    yea we are bringing the van and a uhaul... whats the best kind of gloves and stick do we need so we don't look like rookies churning for treasure at the "mall" ?
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
      I don't see anyone saying that. I see fans complimenting the style of play and performance of a great group of guys who have worked hard all season and are now finally seeing the results they want.
      I bet Butterbean is back to the drawing board after we took " Pulling Hair " out of his bag of dirty tricks.
      Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 03-02-2014, 09:19 PM.
      Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
      UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

In case anyone hasn't said it ... The Seawolves need 3 points this weekend to get the last home ice spot. They do that and (barring a highly improbable outcome of the other series) it's home ice and if that is the case then the opponent will almost certainly be da nooks.

I'm not sure the town is ready for a UAA home playoff series or for that matter "deserves" it. Make no mistake ... all the Seawolf fans that already attend games "deserve" it. But the town ... not so much. I fear not getting home ice won't win many ex-fans back (a few maybe) and it sure won't get the team any new fans. Anchorage sports fans are truly some of the most fickle bandwagon fans I've encountered.

Here's to hoping the good fans get a home ice series. Cheers: You all deserve it.

I think this weekend unlike any other in the season is when we can hope for (nay ... demand) that the underclassmen step up and contribute in some big way. The senior leadership (by example) has been great this year. And the underclassmen OWE it to the upperclassmen to really become difference makers and game changers. Let's hope someone is challenging them and that they each play their best games this weekend.

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152213550082978

Here's video of the CJ Motte penalty.

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152213550082978

Here's video of the CJ Motte penalty.
            That shouldn't have been waved off.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGvWoIkkjGE

Also, here are the nights highlights. If you go to when the Nanooks second goal is scored, around 1:10ish in, Motte falls down...there is definitely no one near him to make him fall down as dramatically as he did.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                That shouldn't have been waved off.
                Please help me out here.
                I think those pesky rules are getting in the way again.
                Do the rules say play stops immediately when a helmet comes off?
                Or do they say at the end of the play?

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                  Please help me out here.
                  Soooo every goalie should start charging towards an oncoming player that results in losing their helmet?

Comment

Soooo every goalie should start charging towards an oncoming player that results in losing their helmet?
                    Hey....I didn't say I agreed with it....I'm also not sure how the rules read....was just hoping the ref's got it right....that would be something....wouldn't it?

Comment

And by the way...belated congratulations on you marriage and new baby!
                      Now back to sports hating.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        Well, you guys seem to be acting like you're gonna roll over UAA, that you're team is unstoppable, that you guys are playing so well. Well, it's time to come to Earth.
                        Also, we were wearing camo jerseys both nights. Clearly Ferris couldn't see our players, otherwise they would have easily swept.

And for the record, this coming weekend is going to be a dogfight. UAA is going to throw the kitchen sink to try and get that trophy.
                        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                          ...UAA is going to throw the kitchen sink to try and get that trophy.
                          Water bottles, kitchen sinks...where will it ever end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Nooks!

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                            Please help me out here.
                            Speaking of rules, why didn't Larson get a penalty shot from that play?
                            “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
                              Water bottles, kitchen sinks...where will it ever end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Nooks!
                              Taranto's hat trick, a 7-4 mud holing, and the water bottle tantrum. That was a good weekend.

Comment

Does anyone know what the UAA/UA_ series record is?
                                Not the number of water bottles thrown...UAA is up one to zip on ya there.
                                I'm trying to remember what the game series totals are.
                                Skip all the baloney and help me out with the series record.

Comment

Working...
                                X